1. 1. Is Nacho Novo a Rangers legend?

• Yes
    • No never
    • Still can be earned

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes,always popped up when we needed him most,took us to Manchester,made us a shitload of money

and knows how to wind Timmy up

i think novo is an absolute rangers legend, he's been at the club for years and still gets the shaft more often then not when match day comes. the teams that smith managed last time were packed with class and made up of international captains and big name, big game players so you could agree that novo wouldnae get the time of day against laudrup and coisty, but no getting a pick behind stevie smith or beasley is a bit of a kick in the p's.

barry ferguson has been different class for us for years, but recently he's no been the man he used to... and what kind of captain doesnae go nuts when we play shite?

i would shit the bed before i'd drop points against st.mirren or the well.

Just so I'm clear, when we describe club greats like McCoist, Laudrup, Gascoigne, Greig, Baxter etc as legends, many of you believe that Novo should be mentioned in that same breath?

Think about what legend actually means guys - it means someone who has been absolutely superb for the club on the pitch as well as off, someone who isn't just quite good, or very good, it means they're fucking exceptional and can hold their own among the great players in Europe for their era. These guys go into the hall of fame, they become benchmarks future players aspire to.

Anyone including Novo among that in genuine sincerity hasn't quite understand the situation.

I can only assume the entry requirements for being a 'legend' have been massively reduced if Novo is being called one by guys who accept the Laudrups and Gazzas are legends.

Just so I'm clear, when we describe club greats like McCoist, Laudrup, Gascoigne, Greig, Baxter etc as legends, many of you believe that Novo should be mentioned in that same breath?

Think about what legend actually means guys - it means someone who has been absolutely superb for the club on the pitch as well as off, someone who isn't just quite good, or very good, it means they're fucking exceptional and can hold their own among the great players in Europe for their era. These guys go into the hall of fame, they become benchmarks future players aspire to.

Anyone including Novo among that in genuine sincerity hasn't quite understand the situation.

I can only assume the entry requirements for being a 'legend' have been massively reduced if Novo is being called one by guys who accept the Laudrups and Gazzas are legends.

(tu)

Superb post.

As much as you can see that i love the wee guy,

LEGEND is a word to easily attached to good players.

he has given me many MANY enjoyable moments especially against the mhanks (is that racist by the way?)

baxter-LEGEND cooper-LEGEND greig-LEGEND mccoist-LEGEND goram-LEGEND gough-LEGEND.

novo- a smashing wee loyal player who gave 100% every game,a heart of a lion and one who really played for the badge...legend ? nope but one i will remember fondly

My thoughts exactly.

In 20 years time i wont look back and say "Nacho Novo, he was some player" so I can't consider him a legend.

I might say "That wee man loved the club" but thats not a legend for me, cult hero maybe.

Lets be honest Nacho Novo wouldnt immidiatley spring to mind when we think about all time great Rangers players.

He's a good player who scores some very important goals for us but i dont see him as a Rangers legend like a McCoist or Laudrup etc....

The word 'legend' these days is banded about way too often for my liking.

Agree 100% with that m8...like the guy, but he is no legend.

It takes more than a badge kisser to make a legend as far as I am concerend

Lets be honest here...if he didnt do all that badge kissing and stuff...would we like him...no!

He is not a talented footballer...headless chicken as far as I can see....even Walter doesnt rate him highly or he would play him week in week out...

Legend?...no way