Ban our songs

The problem isn't with what's being sung here.

The absolute bottom line is that the vermin won a significant victory, when their relentless whining about the Billy Boys, gleaned a result.

The problem since then is that the aforementioned vermin have a modus operandi that they will use against whatever songs we sing.

Do any of you (especially the ones who seem to try to dissociate us from 'traditional' songs), honestly believe that in the fullness of time we will still be singing The Sash, Derry's Walls, even Rule Britannia?

If you have answered yes then you are even more deluded than i thought. The fenians have only one aim in their pathetic Oirish existence and that is to destroy Rangers and their support by turning us into frightened little compliant bunny rabbits who are too f*cking frightened to say boo to a goose, let alone be brave enough to stand up for what our forefathers fought for.

Well i tell you something, this Bear will never be tamed. "We will fight til the day is done". We should be kicking these c*nts from our shores not letting them take over the f*cking gaff

No Surrender

theres a difference regarding the sash, derrys walls, and rulle britannia though

these songs havent been ruled against by either the football governing bodies or the actual criminal justice system, in fact all 3 songs get belted out loud and proud in various marches around the country and abroad every year

BUT

the billy boys have been banned by uefa and the club have been warned against a resurgance of this songs by uefa

the famine song has been ruled against by scottish courts which in turn will therefore bring the footballing authorites into line regarding the song

rangers can keep it traditions of no surrender etc but for fuck sake we drop 2 fucking songs if its for the good of the club

in the last 2 seasons we have won the league, scottish cup twice, league cup and been to a euro final, and not a billy boy was heard at games

the lack of billy boys isnt really afecting the team is it now?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem isn't with what's being sung here.

The absolute bottom line is that the vermin won a significant victory, when their relentless whining about the Billy Boys, gleaned a result.

The problem since then is that the aforementioned vermin have a modus operandi that they will use against whatever songs we sing.

Do any of you (especially the ones who seem to try to dissociate us from 'traditional' songs), honestly believe that in the fullness of time we will still be singing The Sash, Derry's Walls, even Rule Britannia?

If you have answered yes then you are even more deluded than i thought. The fenians have only one aim in their pathetic Oirish existence and that is to destroy Rangers and their support by turning us into frightened little compliant bunny rabbits who are too f*cking frightened to say boo to a goose, let alone be brave enough to stand up for what our forefathers fought for.

Well i tell you something, this Bear will never be tamed. "We will fight til the day is done". We should be kicking these c*nts from our shores not letting them take over the f*cking gaff

No Surrender

theres a difference regarding the sash, derrys walls, and rulle britannia though

these songs havent been ruled against by either the football governing bodies or the actual criminal justice system, in fact all 3 songs get belted out loud and proud in various marches around the country and abroad every year

BUT

the billy boys have been banned by uefa and the club have been warned against a resurgance of this songs by uefa

the famine song has been ruled against by scottish courts which in turn will therefore bring the footballing authorites into line regarding the song

rangers can keep it traditions of no surrender etc but for fuck sake we drop 2 fucking songs if its for the good of the club

in the last 2 seasons we have won the league, scottish cup twice, league cup and been to a euro final, and not a billy boy was heard at games

the lack of billy boys isnt really afecting the team is it now?

Be very careful jimbeanjnr - you are talking sense, I am not sure that's going to go down well on here! Good post though and fantastic point well made! :cheers:

i keep seeing the word FIGHT in a lot of these posts but where has fighting got us and the world for that matter, we are still fighting terrorists both at home and abroad and have been for centuries nothing has been resolved. so what makes you think that "fighting" is going to resolve anything ?

NO SURRENDER TO THE IRA

There lies a soldier of the UVF

Don't bury me in any f****n valley

Hello Hello we are the Billy Boys

God bless my home in dear old Ulster

Some of these arent Rangers songs.... and were not always sung by the fans. The traditions start from the start of our club not the late 60's and early 70's...

long before those dates mate

i keep seeing the word FIGHT in a lot of these posts but where has fighting got us and the world for that matter, we are still fighting terrorists both at home and abroad and have been for centuries nothing has been resolved. so what makes you think that "fighting" is going to resolve anything ?

Guess we shouldn't have fought the Nazis then ?

The problem is that there has been NO fight, we have rolled over and have been dictated to by a minority in our country,

People who got off their arses and campaigned against us, wrote letters to their MPs, UEFA, Local Councillors and anyone else who would listen.

The Rangers haters in this country are in positions of power, they are evident in government and local councils and practically control the media in this country.

This minority is 16% of the Scottish population, therefore if we apply the law of statistics, then local Councils and MPs and the media should contain the same amount pro rata.

Is this the case in your local council and local government ? FFS My MP once played in a Republican Flute Band.

We have no one else to blame but ourselves, The Billy Boys was the watershed, I believe we could have challenged this legally, But we did not ! and therefore invited everything that has come since,

Sinn Fein in Northern Ireland have a long term plan to achieve Home Rule in Ireland and they chip chip chip away, consessions after consessions, once one is achieved they move onto the next one until they finally achieve their goal. That is what is happening to our club and the people who can't see it are the ones who are ultimately responsible.

If a Rangers fan openly displays The Purple Standard of the UVF, even with a pre war 1912 date on it, He will be arrested and charged with a sectarian BOTP and for displaying the emblem of a paramilitary organisation.

But,

If a Celtic fan displays the Starry Plough, (The emblem of the IPLO / INLA). what do you think will happen to him.

Here is a picture of the Last Rangers / Scum game

23k42t5.jpg

Did you see the headlines about him being arrested and banned from every stadium in Britain ?????? No neither did I

all this talk of traditions etc etc

do we honestly believe that the founding brothers of our club envisaged our support over 150 years later belting out songs that are

a) against the law

b) against the governing rules of football

c) have nothing to do with their traditions

ffs everyone we have had 2 songs knocked of of our playlist, we only recently began playing our club anthem "simply the best" on the basis that we do not sing the add on's which got it banned in the first place

ibrox was never the same when STB was stopped, and it wasnt the "fuck the pope and the ira" bit that made it special, but the hardcore element couldnt understand that

i honestly believe now that a rendition of derrys walls and the bouncy make a far better atmosphere now and should be used more often by the club

we dont need bad press following the club because of us, the fans,

we moan that the beggars dont get as bad a press as us, well you dont see them bursting a gut trying to get the old rebel tunes back on the stands do you, hell they even managed to drop their wee IRA ditties from ost of their songs

like it or lump it they currently look better to outsiders and its because of threads on forums like this that we have a bad name

Some supporters and many of those in charge of our club want to turn us into a Disneyfied version of our club, they want Soccer AM chants and for us to become a faceless organisation with no core identity. The thing is though our identity is what has drove us to be the most succesful club in the world, it's what brings thousands to Ibrox week in and out and what seperates us from other clubs throughout Britain.

"Quintessential means the very essence, something in its purest form. Something about Rangers, it is based in Scotland, but first & foremost it is a British club. Alot of fans come over from Northern Irland to support, & alot of English fans too. Like Barcelona, it is Mas Que Un Club (More Than A Club): It stands for something in society. It embraces the whole concept of the union of the United Kingdom, & if you go to Ibrox you'll see the Union Flag is the one flying highest above the stadium."

all this talk of traditions etc etc

do we honestly believe that the founding brothers of our club envisaged our support over 150 years later belting out songs that are

a) against the law

b) against the governing rules of football

c) have nothing to do with their traditions

ffs everyone we have had 2 songs knocked of of our playlist, we only recently began playing our club anthem "simply the best" on the basis that we do not sing the add on's which got it banned in the first place

ibrox was never the same when STB was stopped, and it wasnt the "fuck the pope and the ira" bit that made it special, but the hardcore element couldnt understand that

i honestly believe now that a rendition of derrys walls and the bouncy make a far better atmosphere now and should be used more often by the club

we dont need bad press following the club because of us, the fans,

we moan that the beggars dont get as bad a press as us, well you dont see them bursting a gut trying to get the old rebel tunes back on the stands do you, hell they even managed to drop their wee IRA ditties from ost of their songs

like it or lump it they currently look better to outsiders and its because of threads on forums like this that we have a bad name

A bad name for what exactly ? please explain. what do we have a bad name for ?

This so called bad name you speak of is propagated by The Rangers Haters,

We speak on forums about our songs, whilst on the fuddleboard they publish home addresses of our players.

Or glorify the murders of our soldiers, lets just roll over and have our bellies tickled

Eh? Have you noticed the playlist at Parkhead. Let the people Sing, the fields of Athenry etc? They have numerous pro-rebel banners around the stadium that are obviously approved (eg Some men dream of silver, Oh, ah up the...). Where is the mention in the press about any of that?

As for the add-ons, have you listened to their support at an away game?

TFIO is about the irony of Scots singing TFOA, and yet they get away with their song but we don't.

They are able to sing their songs with impunity and we are not. That is the bottom line. Welcome to today's Scotland.

A thread for the anti-them brigade rather than the Pro-Rangers Supporters - to some everything and anything revolves around 'them' - Rangers are much more than anti-them.

I have said this before but will repeat - 'Its about the FOOTBALL!' Take away the politics, the religion, the union and we would STILL have one of the biggest supports in the world and Ibrox full every week. Take away the football and you would have FUCK all !

All the religious, political or unionists stances are all add ons. Rangers were NOT founded as a political, religious or unionist organisation. They were NOT formed as an answer to Celtic from a different section of society! (WE were formed 15 years before them). Rangers were formed as a FOOTBALL Club - Nothing More, Nothing Less! So who cares about what they do or get away with, what songs are barred or not only one thing matters and that is being a GREAT football club - and we are the greatest football club!

looking back at my post it doesnt really make any sense :doh: i must have started ranting again, its the word i ahve something agaist, lets use words like Defend and uphold these are honest words , using words like Fight shows aggression and negativity to outsiders

so we wont Fight to save our traditions but we shall uphold our traditions or we shall defend our traditions (tu)

Take away the politics, the religion, the union and we would STILL have one of the biggest supports in the world and Ibrox full every week. Take away the football and you would have FUCK all !

Take away the football and I've still got my religion, my beliefs and my country. They make be fuck all to you, but they are more important than a football club to many.

A thread for the anti-them brigade rather than the Pro-Rangers Supporters - to some everything and anything revolves around 'them' - Rangers are much more than anti-them.

I have said this before but will repeat - 'Its about the FOOTBALL!' Take away the politics, the religion, the union and we would STILL have one of the biggest supports in the world and Ibrox full every week. Take away the football and you would have FUCK all !

All the religious, political or unionists stances are all add ons. Rangers were NOT founded as a political, religious or unionist organisation. They were NOT formed as an answer to Celtic from a different section of society! (WE were formed 15 years before them). Rangers were formed as a FOOTBALL Club - Nothing More, Nothing Less! So who cares about what they do or get away with, what songs are barred or not only one thing matters and that is being a GREAT football club - and we are the greatest football club!

No you're right we weren't, but we BECAME that club. There is very strong evidence of this in an article penned by a poster of another forum (please correct me if i've not quoted the guy properly Admin)

"Rangers' initial early years can be used as an argument that they were the natural team to develop into the standard bearers of the country's Protestants. They were young men who worked hard, respected the Sabbath and were quite prepared to stand up for what they believed in, such as having the courage of their convictions"

"In 1908, for example, football specials to Rangers games were advertised to leave from Bridgeton and Rutherglen stations. Both of these areas have strong links to Protestant history – Rutherglen with its strong Covenanting heritage and Bridgeton a place with stong links to Ulster and a place where large numbers of Protestant textile workers from Scotland's south west settled - and while it is impossible to know the religion of those who travelled on the trains to Rangers the fact that there was enough interest in Rangers in areas where the population was overwhelmingly Protestant to make special

trains viable means it is not out of the realms of reality to suggest that Rangers were seen as the team for the Protestants at the turn of the century."

"With that being our argument, it is appropriate to look at the rivalry with Celtic in that context. Celtic had links with Irish Republicanism from inception with Michael Davitt, a prominent republican, planting the kick-off spot at Parkhead."

"As has been argued, Rangers' identity as the Protestant Club goes back further than the 1920s; however it is no coincidence that the violence and deep divide between the supporters two Clubs has its roots in this era given Celtic's identity and the hostility to the Irish involvement – perceived or otherwise – in World War One. Therefore, it is far from surprising that the song that had the chattering classes in Scotland up in arms recently has its roots in this period and at Ibrox, home of the team adopted by Scottish Protestants who had pride in King and Country."

Not an exhaustive account but i'm sure you'll agree it affirms the validity of our Protestant identity being some fleeting dalliance by a minority of supporters?

As has been mentioned several times, i don't meet people who espouse the views about football and religious / unionist being a seperate entity except on forums, yet some on here will have you believe that THEY are the majority of Rangers fans.

I have yet to meet ONE in real life and as has been said before - it might be the company i keep.

I must just have been very fortunate thus far (tu)

I hadn't read BP9's bullshit till now Bolton:

What a fkn straw man.

As i have told you before, get along to Ibrox and preach to the crowd what you are telling us on this board. You keep telling us that the majority agree with you, well you have the biggest stage to prove it. But i know you wont do it because everyone knows The Union Flag was enevitably the flag of establishment Rangers, the club of the Protestant faith, of the monarchy and the union.

What a fkn straw man.

Sometimes i think he's purposely on the wind up, his viewpoint is the absolute antithesis of every Rangers fan i have ever met <cr>

Take away the politics, the religion, the union and we would STILL have one of the biggest supports in the world and Ibrox full every week. Take away the football and you would have FUCK all !

Take away the football and I've still got my religion, my beliefs and my country. They make be fuck all to you, but they are more important than a football club to many.

My beliefs, religion and country are important to me as well, and as you state more important than even Rangers(! debate!?) - I just dont associate them or want them associated (even if, most likely, they are aligned with yours) with my football club!

As i have told you before, get along to Ibrox and preach to the crowd what you are telling us on this board. You keep telling us that the majority agree with you, well you have the biggest stage to prove it. But i know you wont do it because everyone knows The Union Flag was enevitably the flag of establishment Rangers, the club of the Protestant faith, of the monarchy and the union.

Yawn!! - at least I go along to games - am I not right that you have stopped going? - you like to pontificate (like the pope !! :lol:) about your views on here but at least I am Ibrox every week and happily debate my views with those around me - but you know what happens at Ibrox (if you can remember) we go along and mainly talk about FOOTBALL!!! Not politics, religion, unionism or any other cause - we discuss the merits or otherwise of the players, team , management and the opposition, YES and even them. Perhaps not going has made you lose sight of the football side of your support for the team!

What a fkn straw man.

Sometimes i think he's purposely on the wind up, his viewpoint is the absolute antithesis of every Rangers fan i have ever met <cr>

You need to widen your circle of Rangers fans then.

Yawn!! - at least I go along to games - am I not right that you have stopped going? - you like to pontificate (like the pope !! :lol:) about your views on here but at least I am Ibrox every week and happily debate my views with those around me - but you know what happens at Ibrox (if you can remember) we go along and mainly talk about FOOTBALL!!! Not politics, religion, unionism or any other cause - we discuss the merits or otherwise of the players, team , management and the opposition, YES and even them. Perhaps not going has made you lose sight of the football side of your support for the team!

a57qrq.jpg

What a fkn straw man.

You need to widen your circle of Rangers fans then.

I think we're better kept apart BP9. The only thing we have in common is Rangers and my Rangers is a very different one to yours.

You walk your side of the street, and i'll walk mine.

a57qrq.jpg

My mum had one of those - but like me she has moved on now and doesn't hanker after the past !