Sick of all the PC brigade

minstral

My mum used to hand wash and use a hand wringer - ah the bygone days! Unlike you she has moved on - only the real diehards still hand wash everything. Sometimes you have just got to let it go!

Happy fishing!

That’s a convenience item, to make life easier.

In no way does it compare to our clubs history and traditions being pushed out the door in order for us to appear politically correct. I'm not sure you understand quite what “fishing” is!

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The p.c. brigade, seem to have no beliefs of their own, but seem prepared to crush and criticise everyone elses. The Protestant Reformation, to me, was a monumental turning point in history. The spiritual lights were switched on, and the power of a corrupt papacy was challenged. It took brave men indeed to stand up to the false teachings of Rome, but they did. The bible was translated from Latin, so everybody could read it. The Pope or a priest, was not the divine channel to God, it was open to anybody. Indulgences were a big concern; that people could buy a place in heaven, by paying the church to remove all sins. In this day and age, the Reformation has been largely forgotten. It is all taken for granted that we do not live under the rule of a church which will keep us in ignorance, and poverty, as seen in most R.C. countries of the world. Rangers supporters should have no hesitation in standing up as Protestants, if they wish. It is a gift passed down through hundreds of years, from men, some who sacrificed with their lives. Politically correct people, believe in nothing. They create nothing. Their role in life, is like some form of Hitler youth, to grass and inform on others beliefs.

i dont do PC it makes a mockery of the democratic world! lol

some people are just so sad, love complaining and find offense in everything and anything.

fvck them

You forgot to suggest that the teams should be led out at old firm games by King Billy on a white charger - Home and Away.

No, lead them out with a 100 man Flute Band, playing 'Here lies a Soldier'.

You forgot to suggest that the teams should be led out at old firm games by King Billy on a white charger - Home and Away.

Now that would brilliant to see. (tu)

The PC Brigade at our club are the ones at fault for the bad press we have gotten recently, not those singing "Traditional" songs. Whereas the Celtic support stand united in defence of their Rebel/IRA/Irish songs we sell out our own fans by claiming we are too "disgusted by these vile deplorable songs" If you don't like the songs dont sing them but don't condemn your fellow supporters for doing so.

But I'm not a Protestant. :mellow:

I couldn't give a flying monkeys if you're Muslim, Hindu, Budhist or Catholic as long as you are a loyal Rangers fan you're one of us, however respect the heritage of our club and support and let us celebrate it.

I couldn't give a flying monkeys if you're Muslim, Hindu, Budhist or Catholic as long as you are a loyal Rangers fan you're one of us, however respect the heritage of our club and support and let us celebrate it.

Well said. (tu)

Yeah, you can celebrate it to your hearts content mate. I'm not trying to stop anyone.

Yeah, you can celebrate it to your hearts content mate. I'm not trying to stop anyone.

(tu)

I think that about sums it up very nicely.

I think most Rangers fans are Protestants. The media and the Football Authorities, seem to be strict on Rangers, but anybody else can sing what they want. If the fans capitulate to the wishes of those who hate Rangers, what is the point of supporting them at all. It is all or nothing really. Nobody has to sing anything, but people should be allowed the freedom to sing the songs which represent their traditions. That freedom is being chipped away at all the time. I think it is most unacceptable to see the grief Rangers get, while the Tims do what they want. Some say certain songs have nothing to do with Football. They have a lot to do with the tradition of the fans though.

shame alot of our support do feel the same fella. i was brought up a catholic although i dont consider myself 1 as i dont beleive in jesus but i have read many posts and topics on this site and other forums which give a VERY anti catholic vibe, and this comes from sum1 whos been getting shit his whole life for being a "kafflik" rangers fan.

All on white chargers....i remember the days you would hear flutes being played at Ibrox while the Bears were singing.

Happy days

shame alot of our support do feel the same fella. i was brought up a catholic although i dont consider myself 1 as i dont beleive in jesus but i have read many posts and topics on this site and other forums which give a VERY anti catholic vibe, and this comes from sum1 whos been getting shit his whole life for being a "kafflik" rangers fan.

But who has been givin you the most shit for being a Catholic Rangers fan??

The guys you went to school with or fellow Bears.

My Dad was a Catholic Rangers fan as was his Dad and brothers and your talking from the 1920's to the 1990's and not once did they ever get any hassle or shit.

Their mates would have a laugh by calling my Dad the "Micky h**" and stuff but he never got any hassle and he knew what the majority were and he embraced our traditions cos he knew why we became a Protestant club and he always put the blame for Sectarianism at the feet of Celtic.

My Dads family hated Sectarianism and bigotry and that's why they broke the mould of Glasgow's Irish Catholics and supported Rangers..

I think its time to let the world know that we are a Protestant club and not ashamed of it. For a start we should bring back the annual Orange parade to Ibrox where it belongs and dont worry what the PC brigade think. If it was good enough for our fathers and grandfathers to be proud of our protestant traditions, then we should all be proud and stop trying to appease the Pc brigade. I think the club should have a flute band at every home game to entertain our fans and play the Sash before every home game. We should welcome all religions to Ibrox but stop being scared to tell the whole world that we are a protestant club and not ashamed of our past. :uk:

Maybe if they actually managed to maintain any sort of numbers for their annual shindig in the park then this could be taken more seriously. Suffice to say, even fewer will turn up this year, and fewer next year and the year after. There's a more and better chance of bringing back the Ibrox sport days - though we would see fewer tracksuits on display.

I think it's time to let the world know we are a Scottish club and not ashamed of it.

Founded by Scotsmen, and proud of it :scot:

The PC Brigade at our club are the ones at fault for the bad press we have gotten recently, not those singing "Traditional" songs. Whereas the Celtic support stand united in defence of their Rebel/IRA/Irish songs we sell out our own fans by claiming we are too "disgusted by these vile deplorable songs" If you don't like the songs dont sing them but don't condemn your fellow supporters for doing so.

That is utter pish!

When UEFA or the SPL, SFA etc say that if we are to sing songs.... (for an example ,lets say the much maligned "Famine song") Rangers football club will have points deducted and be fined....then im not going to sing them. I and the other people who dont sing specific songs do not sing them because we care about our club. We dont want points deducted, we dont want them to be fined and we dont want more bad press.

We should be able to celebrate our heritage without bad mouthing others and constant literal bashing of the other side. Yes lets be proud of our heritage, fly our flags, sing about the glory of our club.... but all that crap that goes with risking our clubs possible league position should be left to the supporters club events and not the stadium.

That is utter pish!

When UEFA or the SPL, SFA etc say that if we are to sing songs.... (for an example ,lets say the much maligned "Famine song") Rangers football club will have points deducted and be fined....then im not going to sing them. I and the other people who dont sing specific songs do not sing them because we care about our club. We dont want points deducted, we dont want them to be fined and we dont want more bad press.

We should be able to celebrate our heritage without bad mouthing others and constant literal bashing of the other side. Yes lets be proud of our heritage, fly our flags, sing about the glory of our club.... but all that crap that goes with risking our clubs possible league position should be left to the supporters club events and not the stadium.

If Rangers had any Balls they would fight everything thrown at our club,from the Billy Boys to the Famine is over.....Football is about rivalry as well as passion for your own club and slagging that shite off is very important.

Our club has not been let down by anyone other than our chairman and directors.They have torn strips off our heritage and let others take their pound of flesh without so much as a mutter of disagreement.

Points deducted for what exactly???

They have no leg to stand on.......we are being victimised here while openly racist clubs like Fiorentina,Lazio,AC Milan,Celtic,Real Madrid etc get silly fines and a slap on the wrist while we get threatened with closure and points deduction.Is it only me who see's that we have to fight this.

The p.c. brigade, seem to have no beliefs of their own, but seem prepared to crush and criticise everyone elses. The Protestant Reformation, to me, was a monumental turning point in history. The spiritual lights were switched on, and the power of a corrupt papacy was challenged. It took brave men indeed to stand up to the false teachings of Rome, but they did. The bible was translated from Latin, so everybody could read it. The Pope or a priest, was not the divine channel to God, it was open to anybody. Indulgences were a big concern; that people could buy a place in heaven, by paying the church to remove all sins. In this day and age, the Reformation has been largely forgotten. It is all taken for granted that we do not live under the rule of a church which will keep us in ignorance, and poverty, as seen in most R.C. countries of the world. Rangers supporters should have no hesitation in standing up as Protestants, if they wish. It is a gift passed down through hundreds of years, from men, some who sacrificed with their lives. Politically correct people, believe in nothing. They create nothing. Their role in life, is like some form of Hitler youth, to grass and inform on others beliefs.

What pish this is especially the part abount no beliefs - I am one of the PC band (as we seem to get called on here). You have NO ideas what my beliefs are, nor how deep I hold them, nor what I do to defend them. However my belief, my religion and my politics have got NOTHING to do with Football, so I refrain from trying to tie my causes to a football team.

I feel extremely sorry for you that becuase you, and others fail to accept that the majority or Rangers fans support the team because of the football and wont rally round your beliefs.

What you seem to have problems with is that the vast majority of Rangers fans do NOT hold the same beliefs as you. Many of us realised a long time ago that Rangers are a Football club. They are NOT a Unionist society, a political movement nor a religious institution; they are a Football team. They are a glorious football team, they have a fantastic footballing traditions and history. As I keep saying take away the football and you wouuld have nothing, take away all the religious, unionist and political garbage and you will still have the greatest football team on the planet!

Rangers will always have that Protestant tradition, there is no problem with that. The problem lies with sectarian hatred and incitement on both sides which must be eradicated.

I wonder how many so-called Protestants or Cafflicks actually go to church?

What pish this is especially the part abount no beliefs - I am one of the PC band (as we seem to get called on here). You have NO ideas what my beliefs are, nor how deep I hold them, nor what I do to defend them. However my belief, my religion and my politics have got NOTHING to do with Football, so I refrain from trying to tie my causes to a football team.

I feel extremely sorry for you that becuase you, and others fail to accept that the majority or Rangers fans support the team because of the football and wont rally round your beliefs.

What you seem to have problems with is that the vast majority of Rangers fans do NOT hold the same beliefs as you. Many of us realised a long time ago that Rangers are a Football club. They are NOT a Unionist society, a political movement nor a religious institution; they are a Football team. They are a glorious football team, they have a fantastic footballing traditions and history. As I keep saying take away the football and you wouuld have nothing, take away all the religious, unionist and political garbage and you will still have the greatest football team on the planet!

Where do you get the facts that the majority of bears do not hold the same beliefs as myself. You told me this before and said that it was only the minority that now sung the old songs. Low and behold i went along to the Werder Bremen game and nothing had changed, all the old songs were getting belted out just like the old days. You will just have to get used to the fact that we are a Protestant club, and its you thats in the minority. :uk:

Yes of course they do, but how many of those self same fans consider their religion and political views to run in conjunction with supporting Rangers?

I know one or two and i'm sure they know a few more - not critical mass I know but certainly strong circumstancial evidence to refute your claim that the MAJORITY are there solely for footballing reasons?