Michael Owen Signs For Man Utd

A mate from Manchester texted me this morning about it, but I didn't take much notice until now where it made TalkSport's news bulletin.

Sir Alex is, apparently, speaking to Owen with a view to a one or two year deal at Old Trafford.

That'd be an odd one!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow if that's true I would be amazed!

Michael Owen will still get goals but football has developed from 10 years ago where he was terrorizing deences week in week out. I don't think Michael Owen is no longer good enough to play with a top 4 club. If you look at nearly all the top strikers in the EPL they are big, strong and quick (Drogba, Torres, Adebayor, Cruz, Rooney, Carew, Anelka etc) and Owen just does not fit the bill.

If he does go to Utd, which I doubt he will, he will become Man Utd's version of Kris Boyd IMO.

Wow if that's true I would be amazed!

Michael Owen will still get goals but football has developed from 10 years ago where he was terrorizing deences week in week out. I don't think Michael Owen is no longer good enough to play with a top 4 club. If you look at nearly all the top strikers in the EPL they are big, strong and quick (Drogba, Torres, Adebayor, Cruz, Rooney, Carew, Anelka etc) and Owen just does not fit the bill.

If he does go to Utd, which I doubt he will, he will become Man Utd's version of Kris Boyd IMO.

Arsenal have - RVP , Vela, walcott etc

Villa - young and aboglahor

fuck cant think of any for chelsea and liverfool though :anguish:

all similar stature to owen bar RVP who is taller but of the same build

He was still scoring fairly regularly, up until 2006, but those injuries have goosed him. His strikers instinct will never leave him, but those legs keep letting him down.

Vela is rarely used in the EPL and Walcott is played RW.

Young is a winger and Agbonlahor is a second striker to Carew.

Vela is rarely used in the EPL and Walcott is played RW.

Young is a winger and Agbonlahor is a second striker to Carew.

thats not the point mate, vela is a striker, walcott is a striker , agbonglahor is a striker , michael Owen is a striker ......

A mate from Manchester texted me this morning about it, but I didn't take much notice until now where it made TalkSport's news bulletin.

Sir Alex is, apparently, speaking to Owen with a view to a one or two year deal at Old Trafford.

That'd be an odd one!

Arsenal and Man Utd have both been approached by the management team of Michael Owen with what is thought to be an offer to play for cut price wages.

In addition they have asked that before they even consider the proposal that they give Michael Owen a medical so that they are not influenced by his previous history.

It has been reported that he will play for a s little as £40,000 per week which is a massive drop from the wages he was previously on.

Owen is desperate to get back in to the England reckoning and is holding off from joining Everton until all other avenues have been exhausted,

There is next to be chance of him joining Stoke or Hull.

Should Arsenal and Man Utd give Owen a medical before they even talk with the players representatives.?

That'd be an odd one!

Arsenal and Man Utd have both been approached by the management team of Michael Owen with what is thought to be an offer to play for cut price wages.

In addition they have asked that before they even consider the proposal that they give Michael Owen a medical so that they are not influenced by his previous history.

It has been reported that he will play for a s little as £40,000 per week which is a massive drop from the wages he was previously on.

Owen is desperate to get back in to the England reckoning and is holding off from joining Everton until all other avenues have been exhausted,

There is next to be chance of him joining Stoke or Hull.

Should Arsenal and Man Utd give Owen a medical before they even talk with the players representatives.?

It has been reported that he will play for a s little as £40,000 per week

Poor guy eh, don't know how he copes.

Desperate? I'm sure if Utd were desperate they would spend some of the 80m they got yesterday.

A third choice striker on a free transfer with cut down wages and a knack for scoring goals. Worth the risk I think.