McLeish and Barry Ferguson

gsa

Does anyone else think Mcleish is taking the piss over ferguson? If he really wanted him he would have signed him by now. The money is not a problem for a Premiership club, he knows what he would be getting with Ferguson and pre-season has started already. I could be wrong but I get the impression he is enjoying the little bit of power he has over Rangers (who would rip his arm off for £1.5 mill for Fergie) and Ferguson.

Also Rangers should get a bit tougher with the agents of the players we don't want. Yes they have contracts but it is getting silly. Why are we unable to move anyone on?

Does anyone else think Mcleish is taking the piss over ferguson? If he really wanted him he would have signed him by now. The money is not a problem for a Premiership club, he knows what he would be getting with Ferguson and pre-season has started already. I could be wrong but I get the impression he is enjoying the little bit of power he has over Rangers (who would rip his arm off for £1.5 mill for Fergie) and Ferguson.

Also Rangers should get a bit tougher with the agents of the players we don't want. Yes they have contracts but it is getting silly. Why are we unable to move anyone on?

Eck will take him or anybody else in his own good time, he doesnt owe us any favours

Why is he taking the piss ? The only thing Eck should be caring about is getting the best deal possible for Birmingham

Eck will take him or anybody else in his own good time, he doesnt owe us any favours

cheered of the pitch for finishing 3rd in a 2 horse race? maybe not favours but he should remember he's basically a run of the mill spl manager who got lucky thanks to the profile managing rangers gave him.

cheered of the pitch for finishing 3rd in a 2 horse race? maybe not favours but he should remember he's basically a run of the mill spl manager who got lucky thanks to the profile managing rangers gave him.

You seem to know nothing of what he did during his time with us, you just see Eck the coach and manager

i think he playing with us and waiting till the end of the window when we are struggling for money then give us pennies for barry

or hes just leading us on

Barry isnt keen on a move to Birmingham.

Not all McLeish's fault

You seem to know nothing of what he did during his time with us, you just see Eck the coach and manager

thats actually a good point

ecks last season at the gers seems to be the only one in peoples memory (even though we got to last 16 that year)

his first half season we almost done the unthinkable against feyenoord in the uefa cup

following season he moulded advocaats big heads into a treble winning team that scored 121 goals in all comps even though we got knocked out of europe in qualifiers

following season his wage budget was slashed by a massive percentage, hence the sales of arteta, the release of canniga, numan, amoruso etc etc, he couldnt spend a penny hence the freebies of capucho etc etc

following season was a masterstroke, given buttons to spend he "finds" boumsong, nicks prso, novo and brings a few average players together to win the league again

i've always admired the dignity eck had when facing the financial crisis at the club which was worse than now in all honesty, he never moaned or complained and got about his business like a manager that WANTED to succeed

eck will remain one of my fav rangers managers

Fucking ridiculous post.

Some people seem to forget that McLeish has one of the tightest budgets in modern time. He had to take an aging, overpayed and poorly budgeted squad and try and mould them back into title winners.

He was forced into bosmans every Summer and if his signings ever turned good, he was forced to sell (See: JA Boumsong).

McLeish had an extremely difficult job as manager and in my view, helped Rangers a lot. I personally will always hold big Alex in the highest regard.

But why would he try and rush through the Ferguson signing? He's got to get the best deal for Birmingham that he can (The board got pissed when he spent a fortune on McFadden and he flopped, so he has to try and get Baz on the cheap).

ecks last season at the gers seems to be the only one in peoples memory (even though we got to last 16 that year)

his first half season we almost done the unthinkable against feyenoord in the uefa cup

following season he moulded advocaats big heads into a treble winning team that scored 121 goals in all comps even though we got knocked out of europe in qualifiers

following season his wage budget was slashed by a massive percentage, hence the sales of arteta, the release of canniga, numan, amoruso etc etc, he couldnt spend a penny hence the freebies of capucho etc etc

following season was a masterstroke, given buttons to spend he "finds" boumsong, nicks prso, novo and brings a few average players together to win the league again

i've always admired the dignity eck had when facing the financial crisis at the club which was worse than now in all honesty, he never moaned or complained and got about his business like a manager that WANTED to succeed

Here here. Still a "young" manager and dont think he done too bad for us under circumstances.

Time will tell but I have a sneaky feeling he will go on to better things and good luck to him.

Was never a McLeish fan. Yes he did well under budget restrainst unheard of at Rangers previously but hated his tactics and the way he shunted players out of position and seemed to dispose of them when they didn't play well out of position.

Was never a McLeish fan. Yes he did well under budget restrainst unheard of at Rangers previously but hated his tactics and the way he shunted players out of position and seemed to dispose of them when they didn't play well out of position.

take it your not a smith fan either then :rolleyes:

Smith doesn't dispose of players he plays out of position for being shite in that position. :rolleyes:

McLeish is gonna do what he thinks is best for Birmingham and I can't blame him, he doesn't owe us anything. As for his time at Rangers i always will have fond memories of the titles and cups he won. Always carried himself with dignity even at a time of unprecedented budget constraints and was successful therefore in my eyes that equates to a Rangers Manager who should take his place amongst the legends.

Smith doesn't dispose of players he plays out of position for being shite in that position. :rolleyes:

nope he continually plays them in the hope they wake up one morning with the knowledge of every position magically imparted into their head

i think he playing with us and waiting till the end of the window when we are struggling for money then give us pennies for barry

or hes just leading us on

Barry isnt keen on a move to Birmingham.

Not all McLeish's fault

Barry aint keen a move at all....I believe he will play again for us next season then and then will be kept on a reduced wage each week after next season.... he doesnt want to leabe...its so obvious

Got total respect for McLeish for the way he conducted himself when he was manager of our club. He was up against the best Celtic side for 30 years, an aging squad and a major downsizing of the club and still managed to win 7 trophies in four seasons. He gave us two of the best title winning days in the clubs history and got us into the last 16 of the Champions League. Add to that the great dignity he showed in the job in the face of adversity.

McLeish wasn't given half the money Walter Smith has had in the last 2 seasons never mind Wattie's first spell or Advocaats reign.

The time was right for him to go but how any Rangers fan can say Eck didn't do a good job for us is beyond me.

Got total respect for McLeish for the way he conducted himself when he was manager of our club. He was up against the best Celtic side for 30 years, an aging squad and a major downsizing of the club and still managed to win 7 trophies in four seasons. He gave us two of the best title winning days in the clubs history and got us into the last 16 of the Champions League. Add to that the great dignity he showed in the job in the face of adversity.

McLeish wasn't given half the money Walter Smith has had in the last 2 seasons never mind Wattie's first spell or Advocaats reign.

The time was right for him to go but how any Rangers fan can say Eck didn't do a good job for us is beyond me.

totally agree, I liked what he said at the end of last season about the responsibility of being Rangers and always trying to win. I'd have him back now and see how he would get on with £30 million over two seasons. ( not in reality though, you should never go back to an old club in my opinion )

Great post mate. I agree totally.

The Sun http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...ff-to-Brum.html

BARRY FERGUSON will today seal a £1million move to Birmingham City.

SunSport can reveal the Rangers midfielder has already said his Ibrox goodbyes and is poised to team up again with former boss Alex McLeish.

Talks between the clubs were at an advanced stage last night with Ferguson expected at St Andrew's later today for a medical.

If personal terms can be agreed he will put pen to paper on a three-year deal with the Premier League new boys.

Ferguson's Ibrox future has been in doubt ever since he was fined and stripped of the captaincy following the Bevvygate scandal back in April.

Now it seems Big Eck is ready to end Fergie's Gers hell and hand the former Blackburn Rovers ace a second crack at the English top-flight.

Rangers are desperate to raise much-needed funds and were willing to flog Ferguson to West Brom last month.

But that move was put on hold following boss Tony Mowbray's switch to Celtic.

Now McLeish, who has been tracking Fergie all summer, looks to have clinched his signature.

It's a move we first revealed last month.

Eck said back then: "We hope to bring in a midfielder of quality, who can go anywhere in the league and not be fazed by taking the ball.

"You never know, I'll maybe target a couple. Ferguson could be one."

But while Fergie is on the move, Gers team-mate Madjid Bougherra is definitely staying put.

Reports in a French paper have linked the defender with a £5.5m move to Bordeaux.

But Rangers insist they have had no bids, nor would they welcome one.

1 million :anguish: surely no ffs!!

The Sun http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...ff-to-Brum.html

BARRY FERGUSON will today seal a £1million move to Birmingham City.

SunSport can reveal the Rangers midfielder has already said his Ibrox goodbyes and is poised to team up again with former boss Alex McLeish.

Talks between the clubs were at an advanced stage last night with Ferguson expected at St Andrew's later today for a medical.

If personal terms can be agreed he will put pen to paper on a three-year deal with the Premier League new boys.

Ferguson's Ibrox future has been in doubt ever since he was fined and stripped of the captaincy following the Bevvygate scandal back in April.

Now it seems Big Eck is ready to end Fergie's Gers hell and hand the former Blackburn Rovers ace a second crack at the English top-flight.

Rangers are desperate to raise much-needed funds and were willing to flog Ferguson to West Brom last month.

But that move was put on hold following boss Tony Mowbray's switch to Celtic.

Now McLeish, who has been tracking Fergie all summer, looks to have clinched his signature.

It's a move we first revealed last month.

Eck said back then: "We hope to bring in a midfielder of quality, who can go anywhere in the league and not be fazed by taking the ball.

"You never know, I'll maybe target a couple. Ferguson could be one."

But while Fergie is on the move, Gers team-mate Madjid Bougherra is definitely staying put.

Reports in a French paper have linked the defender with a £5.5m move to Bordeaux.

But Rangers insist they have had no bids, nor would they welcome one.

1 million :anguish: surely no ffs!!

I hope so.