Fergie confirms no more signings

Surely Ferguson thinks he could do with some more additions, i can't honestly see why he'd think his current squad is the finished article? If he's telling the truth i wonder what the reasons actually are. Man Utd must be rich enough to be able to spend more than they have already.

You've always got to trust Fergie. However, regardless of whether they buy anyone else, I still feel it could be Liverpool or Chelseas year this season. Or even Arsenals (lol).

Even if it does turn out to be true, then Manchester United still have a very strong squad, and people can write them off all they want.

There is no manager in the world who can get results like Sir Alex Ferguson can when it matters, he's shown that for the last 24 years, and will continue to do so.

That's true but i don't know, things just seem to have gone backwards for Man Utd.

Made to sweat by Liverpool near the end of the season, destroyed in the Champions League final, lost Ronaldo and Tevez and made three rather uninspiring signings. I hope i'm proven wrong.

Unlikely that they would have won a 4th league title in a row anyway.

As far as transfers go, last summer there were to be no more signings and Berbatov was bought on the last day. There were to be no signings in January and Tosic and Ljajic joined. Sir Alex also said he wouldn't sell Madrid a virus and Ronaldo leaves....to join Madrid.

i can not see man united winning league next season. Michael Owen was trebbile signing. Man united could of signed any striker in world and they sign that shit. I am sayin Liverpool 4 tittle. Chelsea mite have shout depending who else they bring in.

We don't really know what he has coming through the ranks and how much his existing stars will grow into the space vacated by Ronaldo ... having said that I did expect him to make at least one blue chip signing but you never know what part the huge debt the Americans have saddled the club with is playing in all of this. It must be a bit gauling for SAF to see how much one of his old players has to spend just across the city :rolleyes:

Fergie's talking shite, still over a month and a half of the Window, watch this space, two big deals to come (tu)

My arse, they're surley gonna sign Ibrahimovc and Aguero when they have one of the biggest debts in football :P

im sure utd will cope without Ron and tevez, but i will be very surprised if SAF doesn't have at least 1 big signing left in him before next season

im sure utd will cope without Ron and tevez, but i will be very surprised if SAF doesn't have at least 1 big signing left in him before next season

look at their midfield

Valencia-carrick-flech-park

look at chelseki's

Ribery(maybe)-Lamps-Essien-ballack-maluda

on a different planet to manures doh

look at their midfield

look at chelseki's

So both teams have had roughly the same midfield for the past 3 seasons. Which of those teams won 3 league titles and a champions league trophy? It certainly wasn't the team with the midfield on a "different planet".

look at their midfield

look at chelseki's

So both teams have had roughly the same midfield for the past 3 seasons. Which of those teams won 3 league titles and a champions league trophy? It certainly wasn't the team with the midfield on a "different planet".

ronaldo vs valenica is the crucial part (tu)

Only if you are comparing Valencia as a player in Wigan team instead as a United player. If you put Ronaldo in that Wigan team he wouldn't have a half the goal/assist stats that he got at United. Just as you would expect Valencia's goal and assist stats to improve when he has better players around him.

Only if you are comparing Valencia as a player in Wigan team instead as a United player. If you put Ronaldo in that Wigan team he wouldn't have a half the goal/assist stats that he got at United. Just as you would expect Valencia's goal and assist stats to improve when he has better players around him.

Ronaldo scored loads more goals than Valencia did last year, but there pass completition was very similar and Valencia had better stats for cross completeion, dribbling completition and tackling completition.

As I said at the time, Sir Alex doesn't get it wrong that often.