Bougherra Staying!

BigGash

Madjid Bougherra has pledged to stay with Rangers despite strong interest in his services from Bordeaux.

The Algeria international defender, who moved to Ibrox from Charlton in a £2.5million deal 12 months ago, had emerged as a target for Les Girondins.

But Bougherra insists he has no plans to leave Walter Smith's side and is looking forward to the challenge of UEFA Champions League football this season.

He said: "I love it here. It is a great and very big club. I have settled here and my progress is going like I want.

"I told Bordeaux thank-you for their interest but it is great for me to play for Rangers.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_5439318,00.html

I don't think Bougherras stupid enough to bullshit us and say he won't leave when the deal could be done like that, but still. :clap: So chuffed the big mans staying though! A bit of good news for us, all this mowbray etc news starting to get to me

I don't think Bougherras stupid enough to bullshit us and say he won't leave when the deal could be done like that,

He knows Rangers wouldn't accept £3M.

If Bordeaux bid 6M+ - different matter.

Ah, right, I'll believe him completely because...erm...

Oh, no I won't.

I'll wait till it's September the 1st.

are you saying you don't trust the word of a foreign modern day footballer?

hang your head in shame

Ah, right, I'll believe him completely because...erm...

Oh, no I won't.

I'll wait till it's September the 1st.

are you saying you don't trust the word of a foreign modern day footballer?

hang your head in shame

:(

I still think if a club comes in and offers £5m+ then he will be offski :(

no chance

10 and we'd think about it

(tu)

the big man is amazing, i cant wait to see him in europe, thats his game, continental style.

Cuellar said something similar last year and I didn't buy it for a second.

But for some reason I do believe Boughie.

Blind faith maybe but sometimes hope is all you have. :pipe:

Ciblé par par les Girondins de Bordeaux, Madjid Bougherra était le joueur que désirait Laurent Blanc, l'entraîneur, pour renforcer sa défense, mais l'international algérien à refusé de rejoindre le club Girondin.

Le défenseur algérien des Glasgow Rangers préfère demeurer une saison de plus dans la Premier League écossaise, dans l'optique de rejoindre plus tard la Premier League anglaise. L'Algérien a exposé hier, sur les ondes de RMC Info, les raisons son choix : « Non je n’irai pas à Bordeaux. J’ai beaucoup réfléchi. C’était une opportunité de revenir en France, surtout avec Laurent Blanc, c’est un grand joueur et un grand coach, surtout c’était un défenseur central. J’ai pesé le pour et le contre. Je me sens bien aux Rangers, le jeu british me convient et un retour en France maintenant ce n’est pas l’idéal pour moi. Mon agent a discuté avec Bordeaux c’était très intéressant mais quand on goûte à l’étranger, on y prend goût. Si je dois partir ça sera en Premier League. »

:gerbad::gerbad::gerbad:

Bougherra said that he will quit rangers only for a big british team and he never quit british football for an an other football country