Murray Park

papaguy51

Murray Park  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Has it been worth over £25m?

• Yes
    • No

From today's Evening Times;

Murray has also defended the club's decision to move the impetus onto youth development rather than big-money transfers.

He said: "Up until now it has cost us over £25m to buy and run Murray Park. If we're never ever going to give a group of youngsters an opportunity then we're as well not to have it."

(Stole it from BD's post :sherlock:)

Over £25m to buy and run Murray Park apparently, so a simple question really - has it been worth it?

Yes or no and reasons why please :)

I voted yes, as with all things it takes time to get it running, we cant expect to build the facilities and all of a sudden we will have youth players of a messi calabre sprouting everywhere, it was always going to take 5-10 years for the real fruit to bare and i feel we are beginning to see that now with the youth we have coming through now (tu)

Guest therabbitt

The success of Hutton alone made a pretty hefty dent in the cost of building and running Murray Park! Should we sell McGregor anytime soon for a decent profit then that too would be added to the total. There is also a possible argument that players such as Cuellar came onto such a game as they have stepped up in terms of the facilities that were available to them to get better as players.

I think it's been a big success.

It cost £14m to buy, so it could be argued that the sale of it's marquee player so far in Hutton as already almost covered the running costs.

Of course but the manager will have to accept that youngsters need to get a chance to develop in the 1st team, if we do we will save millions in signing players on fees and long term contracts.

We need 1st class facilities in order for the squad to be at their beso possible physical condition.

Hutton's transfer fee alone paid for 2/3 of the cost of building Auchenhowie, it can and should be self sufficient.

It's a training facility and a top class one at that, exactly what a club of our standing needs.

We've already seen hutton go some way to balancing the books, although you could argue he would have come through regardless. But looking at the youth teams they seem to be getting better and better so hopefully there will be more huttons to come, except hopefully we can afford to keep them this time!!

was never going to be an overnight success, but in years to come we will see the full fruits of it, although we have had some success so far as others have stated. A club our size needs an good training ground and it amazes me that it took us so long to build such a facility

I actually agree with what murray is saying this is supposedly the most talented bunch of

young players for a few generations now the only way to further develop them is to intigrate them

into the team it can be done, Some experience and quality with some of the young players and we

could have a youthful talented team with no fear and the wages at a minimum !! Much rather this than

sign spl players from now on this is the way to go and i know everyone likes to pick up the paper and

read about rangers after this player and that but over the years how many of the rumoured signings did

we actually get , And rangers played there hand here and said in January this is the way we would go so

i am all for it defo even the established players !! Edu , Whittaker , Bougie , Thomson , Davis , McGregor

Boyd , Lafferty are all early to mid 20's seems like a plan to me !! Celtic can sign Nancy rejects all they want

but there best player is one that they brought through if we can get 5 or 6 up to 1st team level then we have won a watch

Setting aside Hutton there are many fringe players and players playing at other teams that were developed at Murrray Park - some of these players we got the benefit of, some we are about to reap the benefit of.

Add on the fact thats its the sort of 1st class training groubd a team like us should have - and that would have helped secure some of the bigger names that have come here then well worth it.

Setting aside Hutton there are many fringe players and players playing at other teams that were developed at Murrray Park - some of these players we got the benefit of, some we are about to reap the benefit of.

Add on the fact thats its the sort of 1st class training groubd a team like us should have - and that would have helped secure some of the bigger names that have come here then well worth it.

Indeed.

I think it's 'deal clinching' capabilities have been mentioned before. It must be impressive for a potential signing to see that.

Guest therabbitt

Indeed.

I think it's 'deal clinching' capabilities have been mentioned before. It must be impressive for a potential signing to see that.

Picked up in the Minters jet, driven in the Bentley's, shown Ibrox (especially the Blue Room) and then taken to the facilities at Murray Park. What a package!

Indeed.

Picked up in the Minters jet, driven in the Bentley's, shown Ibrox (especially the Blue Room) and then taken to the facilities at Murray Park. What a package!

Sounds like an RM night out :pipe:

I said yes

25 million seems like a lot, but when you consider its going to give our youngsters a place to train and develop into good players, as well as facilities to improve the fitness and health of the squad, and its a lure for potential new signings, as I'm sure it rivals alot of similar places in England. As some have already said, the next 5-10 years will tell us alot on the progress of Murray Park.

I said yes

25 million seems like a lot, but when you consider its going to give our youngsters a place to train and develop into good players, as well as facilities to improve the fitness and health of the squad, and its a lure for potential new signings, as I'm sure it rivals alot of similar places in England. As some have already said, the next 5-10 years will tell us alot on the progress of Murray Park.

(tu)

It's actually better facilities than almost all clubs in England. I can only think of two or three teams that have the same or better facilities.

im sure it has attracted a few players over the past couple of seasons, if we are to stay one of the biggest clubs in the world we need the facilities to match

Yes £9 million for Hutton, £8 Million for Boumson and £9 Milion for Cuellar.

Although Cueller and Boumsong didnt train there for long it must have heped increase their value.

Fleck and Wilson will also be good players and increase in value.

Although it has cost £25m, it still has value and could be sold in the future, allowing us to recoup a large chunk (£15m?) of it. Part of its running costs would have been incurred elsewhere if they hadn't been spent at Murray Park.

The actual incremental cost of it is probably quite low and as such it is well worth it.