Velicka and Naismith

Danny

These two, Velicka in particular, are conspicuously under the radar at the moment.

All the hype of the new season surrounds the return of Thomson, the recovery of Edu, the potential of Lafferty and Whittaker, and the future of Bougherra.

But these two barely merit a mention. Now I will admit I've seen Naismith mentioned the odd time, but it amazes me that Velicka came in for the last 10 games or so, frankly had superb form in which his scoring rate was simply fantastic including the odd brilliant goal like his thunderbolt at Easter Road, but has been completely dismissed since it.

He got dropped for no good reason, and while ultimately we won the league, does anyone else feel he's been rather poorly treated?

What of Naismith, any expectations regarding him?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wind up Danny?? Velicka is imo fuckin awful, and subsequently dropped because of that, get him punted/freed whatever.

Naismith i will give the benefit of the doubt, defo a player in there, make or break season for him.

I think Stevie Smith comes under the same topic, he was dropped (it was for the right reason) but really he never set a foot wrong. He is still young and could have something to offer us next season whether it is at the back or in the midfield.

I thought Naismith was just settling in when he got injured which must have been a mega blow for him. I would give him time. Velicka i quite like because the guy has got a really good eye for goal but i cant see him ousting boyd because i dont think they will be played together. Would be disappointed to see Naisy go though if any were sold

I think Stevie Smith comes under the same topic, he was dropped (it was for the right reason) but really he never set a foot wrong. He is still young and could have something to offer us next season whether it is at the back or in the midfield.

His display at Easter Road was unforgiveable. He touched the ball once in the first half. Once. And that was on a free kick.

I was supporting him until that match, then he simply didn't want to know. Didn't call for the ball, didn't make any runs, didn't move. Literally.

He was rightly subbed at half time and that was his last appearance.

Is velicka a champions league striker that is the question

Curious way of looking at it. A fair number of our players are not tried and tested at that level. And some have failed at it.

Curious way of looking at it. A fair number of our players are not tried and tested at that level. And some have failed at it.

Kenny Miller is our only proven Champions League striker!!!!

His display at Easter Road was unforgiveable. He touched the ball once in the first half. Once. And that was on a free kick.

I was supporting him until that match, then he simply didn't want to know. Didn't call for the ball, didn't make any runs, didn't move. Literally.

I'm not condoning a bad performance but why play him left midfield that day??

Kenny Miler is one player who will thrive in that competition next season. A big time player who has the balls to do it when it really counts on the massive occasions.

He'd played left mid since returning to the team, and had performed decently enough, despite some of our fans thinking he was shit. I felt he was giving something reasonable, but then he went and spoiled it all by saying something stupid like 'don't pass it to me'.

Kenny Miler is one player who will thrive in that competition next season. A big time player who has the balls to do it when it really counts on the massive occasions.

I hope so!

He'd played left mid since returning to the team, and had performed decently enough, despite some of our fans thinking he was shit. I felt he was giving something reasonable, but then he went and spoiled it all by saying something stupid like 'don't pass it to me'.

I would prefer to see him play at left back if he's going to play (but i would prefer Papac).

Thought before his injury problems that Smith was going to become a great left back for us.

I would prefer to see him play at left back if he's going to play (but i would prefer Papac).

Thought before his injury problems that Smith was going to become a great left back for us.

i agree if you on that. They could put smith at left back and could put papac back in centre back.

Velicka was amazing and we all loved him. Then what? He had a really poor 45mins at Easter Road and for some reason we'd rather play Dailly now. I really don't get it.

Good point well made, and as for Naismith could ending up being punted then signing for "them" before arriving back at the 'brox, sound familiar????????????

Velicka was amazing and we all loved him. Then what? He had a really poor 45mins at Easter Road and for some reason we'd rather play Dailly now. I really don't get it.

It'll take more than half a dozen starts in a season for Velicka to come anywhere near approaching 'amazing'. He's a good player & he did score us some vital goals, but we'd need to see him getting more regular appearances to be able to judge him properly. From what we seen, all we can safely say is that he's capable of everything from great goal scoring to being the worst player on the park.

Good point well made, and as for Naismith could ending up being punted then signing for "them" before arriving back at the 'brox, sound familiar????????????

There's more chance of me marrying Kate Beckinsale in Vegas than Naismith signing for Ra Sellick.

:anguish:

We all know the answer to that!

Velicka was a very strange signing in the first place by Walt!

Why? The only surprise to me was that neither Rangers or Celtic came in for him before he moved to Norway.

Velickas a good player - better than Boyd in my opinion.

There have probably been enquires about his availability from Hearts and the like but Walters probably holding onto him incase some one bids for Boyd.

On that note, how good would it be if Birmingham added Mcculloch and Boyd to their wanted list?