Big Lee

Lol i know a few of you will think i'm off my head but just wanted to see if anyone else out there thinks the same as me, mcculloch can still do a good job for us and will be important next season? and no i aint fishing! :craphead:

Lol i know a few of you will think i'm off my head but just wanted to see if anyone else out there thinks the same as me, mcculloch can still do a good job for us and will be important next season? and no i aint fishing! :craphead:

Yip you are the only one <cr>

Yip you are the only one <cr>

lol thought so mate, i'll hide and be quite now. lol

Yeah mate he could do a job, but he would probably be the highest paid toilet attendant in the world.

I think he will be used in old firm games, to add a bit of graft in the middle let others create.

At the expense of who mate? Thomson? Edu? both players offer just as much dig and far more that big lee just doesnt.

Fair point, i can just see Walter use him in them games, maybe he will be used out left again. Cant get my head round what it is with WS and LM...

Maybe he is trying to justify his price tag by the whole versatility route he has took with him.

I think he will be used in old firm games, to add a bit of graft in the middle let others create.

At the expense of who mate? Thomson? Edu? both players offer just as much dig and far more that big lee just doesnt.

think your missing the point, i didnt mean he will be a main starter but he will do a good job when we need him, because we all know after last season injuries can come in numbers so we need squad players like him, i didnt mean for 1 second to drop thomson, edu mendes or davis.

He will probably be a stand-in CH. Cannot think where else I would use him.

only other place i believe is right through the middle when were behind with 10-15mins to go

probably one of the few players at the club who can bully the opposing players, maybe the only forward who can do it

McCulloch used to be a striker and at 1 point was handy for Motherwell as a striker. He is no longer any good upfront. No pace or real finishing skills.

Moved to Wigan where he became an AML, i really like him there in the Uefa Cup run. He was a fantastic out for a long punt upfield as he was good in the air and most full backs aren't typically as tall as Lee. He also works mega hard and provides an edge when defending/attacking set pieces.

Centre back, he can fill in if needed. Wouldn't worry too much about him.

Although he doesn't set the world alight he isn't really the worst if we think about it. Just too many times when the team isn't playing well and giving him service he can't make a chance on his own. Not very creative which leads to stick he gets.

He more than held his own in the EPL, i was not disapointed when we signed him, but his contribution to our side has at best been patchy.

Maybe the much vaunted EPL is not quite what its cracked up to be, pre season or not even the tims 2nd string gave multi million pound Spurs a doin at the weekend.

Your in the same group as chesney hawkes ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, The one and only

He will probably be a stand-in CH. Cannot think where else I would use him.

Perhaps you wouldn't use him there but Walter would I think and has played him in the holding role in front of the defence.

McCulloch used to be a striker and at 1 point was handy for Motherwell as a striker. He is no longer any good upfront. No pace or real finishing skills.

Moved to Wigan where he became an AML, i really like him there in the Uefa Cup run. He was a fantastic out for a long punt upfield as he was good in the air and most full backs aren't typically as tall as Lee. He also works mega hard and provides an edge when defending/attacking set pieces.

Thats total rubbish, yes...pump the ball to Lee in the Uefa Cup run where he heads it on after generally being unchallenged but the knock-on goes to nobody so its a useless tactic - it didn't maintain possession for the most part making it a ridiculous tactic. Tho I've also seen him losing his trademark 'on the wing headers' (if anything, another reason why we're so backward at times as a footballing nation, how folk praise that) to much smaller defenders.

Also, in the midfield when he played on the wing he didn't work 'mega hard' and his work-rate can be heavily questioned where he was of when posted missing in games IMO and hardly touched the ball at all.

I also strongly disagree tho, perhaps surprisingly, that he is no longer good up-front. His finishing skills are actually pretty decent IMO and I suggest you watch him score against Hearts in our 2-0 win against them at Ibrox in our Uefa Cup run season.

I'd also love to know why when Lee had shown he cross the ball pretty decently with his assists away at Falkirk and Aberdeen, why not do it more often?

It really does beggar belief but yes i do think Walter will still use him when injury occurs or maybe even as marc RFC said in old firm games just to add a bit of dig and Rangers mentality as he is certainly not the most skillfull player !!!