Do you have any ideas on how to make the site better?

Canadaready

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think one problem you might be facing is, you seem to be on a one man crusade to romove anything Loyalist/Unionist/Protestant from a RANGERS forum, and, advocating the fact it has nothing to do with the club or the fans, which, in itself does appear odd, and, certainly would to someone looking in. I cant quite fathom why you want this, and, on top of that, its hardly a suggestion that would garnish a lot of support from Bears, given you are trying to do what the majority of the media in Scotland is, which is, essentially, trying to make anyone of the Protestant faith feel unwelcome, only, in this case, in a place where they are/should be most welcomed.

Many people perhaps arent interesting in talking about that kind of thing, but, your main supporting argument was that it has nothing to do with us, and that there is no, or shouldnt be any, link to us, which, in all honesty mate, is barking!

I have no problem with protestantism or unionism, and if people want to discuss loayalism for instance they can, but it actually has zero to do with Rangers. Zero. I agree there should be seperate sections. What does the disruption of marches have to do with Rangers.

You are obviously looking to improve the site for a reason, and perhaps you might claim that there are few others claiming the site needs a seperate section, but there is a reason for that, and its inexorably linked with the need to attract more members.

I have no beef with anyone, or their views, although I may disagree with them, I just think the site needs a little reorganisation.

Another thing I've been thinking about is the user interface of the messageboard. Its needs updating, and needs to be less cluttered looking. I'm no expert in forums, or the means by which you would go about improving the graphical interface of the site, but it is outdated, and there are too many topics on a single page.

The problem with the site seems to be about keeping new members here, so you need to think about maintaining them. I think updating the look of the messageboard would help with that.

I also agree with the shoutbox, would a good idea.

I think the site is good tough don't get me wrong though, the site has good smilies and the like, so it can be a funny and interesting place, and there is quite a wide spread collection of fans from around the country and a few abroad.

I think thats one of the best ways of putting it I have seen today, its where my sub forums idea came from. And, that may not be the way to go, but, its about organising things

look at outlaws last post, that's what I mean. Just a post full of previous posts quoted until you get to what outlaw has wrote. Oh, and I'm not singling out outlaw here, I just used him as an example because he was last to do it on this topic.

That was tried but it is harder to follow a discussion if you have to go back and sift through a bunch of posts to find ones related to an answer.

I agree, it seemed strange.

Maybe if you understood the ins and outs of this conversation you wouldn't find it so strange, or at least read all of the relevant posts on the subject.

Sorry, was just back from Ibrox, after having found that SDM's call centre at the stadium had no lift and so the job wasn't something I could continue with all the stairs, and replied as I was reading it through (tu)

I am a member on the PULSE forum and they do a post of the week where there is a wee bit you can click on next to someones post and that puts a vote for them and you can see who's voted for the post etc.

Just a suggestion.

We used to do a thread of the week, and member of the week, you got rewarded with a wee banner in your sig block.

I can't get my head around why so many people (MOPES/Apologists) seem to find a problem with cultural threads in the BD. Its hardly as if you have to click/view every single thread in the BD. If you don't like the thread stay out it and don't post.

Does it bother you's that much? Do you sit looking on the main BD page looking at a thread title of "Orange walk" spitting with rage?

I am a member on the PULSE forum and they do a post of the week where there is a wee bit you can click on next to someones post and that puts a vote for them and you can see who's voted for the post etc.

Just a suggestion.

We used to do a thread of the week, and member of the week, you got rewarded with a wee banner in your sig block.

But then the site started to slow down, cause everybody had multiple sigbars etc.

I can't get my head around why so many people (MOPES/Apologists) seem to find a problem with cultural threads in the BD. Its hardly as if you have to click/view every single thread in the BD. If you don't like the thread stay out it and don't post.

Does it bother you's that much? Do you sit looking on the main BD page looking at a thread title of "Orange walk" spitting with rage?

(tu) .That disgusted they continue to post in it and disrupt any debate.

Just a suggestion.

But then the site started to slow down, cause everybody had multiple sigbars etc.

And the rubbish in OT that started to get posted.

some sort of video archive, maybe a justin tv channel for streaming games?

Agreed would save us all annoying Boab and others asking for links! :21:

Try this pegged thread at the top of the page...

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=118529

I know a lot of links but would it not just be easier to find a legal way to show games. Not all of us can just pop down the road to see games.

some sort of video archive, maybe a justin tv channel for streaming games?

Agreed would save us all annoying Boab and others asking for links! :21:

Try this pegged thread at the top of the page...

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=118529

I know a lot of links but would it not just be easier to find a legal way to show games. Not all of us can just pop down the road to see games.

Those are the only legal links that can be provided (at this moment in time), for most of the other links there are fees involved and only supposed to be for personal use, if any forum provided links straight to games then the forum can get into an awful lot of trouble and shut down.

Exactly mate and then it proceeds with another debate about why it shouldn't be in the BD etc.

Exactly mate and then it proceeds with another debate about why it shouldn't be in the BD etc.

It's known as deflection, timmy is taught it with his mother's milk.

Maybe that's another suggestion then,anyone entering the thread and disrupting it by arguing"What's it got to do with Rangers?"

should have their warn level raised. It happens every time one of the threads are posted.