Championship Manager 2010

disgruntled_bear

Take total control with Championship Manager 2010, the leading name in football management simulations is back with a brand new look and a host of new features to bring the most loved sport in the world straight to your PC.

The fully animated, 3D match engine (featuring 500 fully motion captured animations per player) propels you right into the heart of the action on matchday, taking your management experience one step further. The only match engine specifically designed and created for a football management game allows you to watch the team in action as they put your carefully crafted tactics into action, view individual performances and be on hand to make changes when things go wrong.

It’s not just on the pitch Championship Manager has changed, 2010 brings players a host of never before seen features including; CM Season Live™, Scouting Networks, Drill Training, Set-piece creator and video capture. For the first time ever start the game at key moments during the new season and face real world management challenges.

With a brand new interface and backed by a huge database with all the latest data, begin the journey to manage your team to success and bathe in glory.

Now I've not played a CM management game since the split, but i'm going to give the demo a try cause it looks actually no bad.

CM2010 DEMO

Might have been a wee bit harsh with the last statement :pipe:

Once you have downloaded the demo go into My Documents/Eidos/Championship Manager 2010 Challenge Demo, and you'll see a "config.text" folder open it up and change the following codes...

# Set the value to 1 to enable intro video clips (default), or

# to 0 to disable intro video clips

IntroVideo = 1

change the last line to "intoVideo=0"

also change Fullscreen = 0 and video capture to 0

I know it's a lot of hassle but have the game up in running, I'll keep you posted on what happens :lol:

I've not played CM since the split either - I take it it's in no way better than FM? I remember that old FIFA Manager piece of shit (I think it had Soor Faced Martin o Neil on the cover actually) was utterly awful save for the suprisingly brilliant media interaction.

Is CM just gash?

Championship Manager for 1p!

Videogame bargains abound on retail and online store shelves. But none, we think, is as spectacular as the one we’ve just found – Championship Manager 2010 on PC for whatever price you want to pay. Maybe even as little as a single Penny!

If you’re looking for the inevitable catch you’ll be pleased to know that there isn’t much of one. The offer runs from today until midnight on September 10th, during which time you can pre-order the game. After that, from September 11th onwards, you’ll be able to download the full version of the game directly from the website, champmanstore.com. You just pay whatever price you think is reasonable and cover a small administration charge (£2.50) to take care of costs encountered in delivering the game. Hey, that’s fair enough, right?

So what’s behind this sudden and entirely unexpected generosity? Quite simply the game’s publishers, Eidos, claim they want to get as many players using, and enjoying the software as possible. It’s an idea inspired by Radiohead, who released their ‘In Rainbows’ album in a similar fashion. Whatever the case this is some kind of first for video games and it’s a brilliant way to access what looks like being a the best, most comprehensive outing in the series yet. Put another way, football fans would be nuts to miss out.

One last question, then – what are you waiting for...?

http://uk.videogames.games.yahoo.com/blog/article/6314/

I've not played CM since the split either - I take it it's in no way better than FM? I remember that old FIFA Manager piece of shit (I think it had Soor Faced Martin o Neil on the cover actually) was utterly awful save for the suprisingly brilliant media interaction.

Is CM just gash?

It's no bad, FM is better IMO... But for 1p it's a bargain (tu)

Congratulations! Your order was successful and you should receive an acknowledgement email shortly. When the product is released you will receive a further email containing a link where you can download your copy of the game.

Thank you for buying Championship Manager 2010. We hope you enjoy it!

£2.51 Get in!

Well, they have just made £2.51 more than they would have, as i am an FM man myself but you can't argue with £2.51 or can you?

The only thing is, dont expect to download it the day its released, guarantee you the server will crash and be out of action for a few days!

cm 01/02 was the best management game there ever was, i could never understand why they split

Apparnelty it was to do with Eidos wanting to broaden the appeal of the game and SI basically not wanting to compromise on depth. The fucking heroes :)

I heard Eidos wanted them to add stuff like Easy/Medium/Hard settings :anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

Not a fan of CM, wolda paid 2.50 for it tho if it was on a disk, shame its not

What is the difference. The FM/CM series always stored the game on your computer anyway.

The fact your paying a £2.50 charge for nothing :lol:

Don't see the point on paying £2.51 for a download that I could download for free.

• 3 weeks later...

Been playing the demo one or two bugs i have come across which you would expect to be sorted for the games' release on Friday.

Apart from that looks and plays okay.

Will def help pass the time till FM2010 is here next month!

Are there still any Championship Manager loyals out there that have been playin the games since the split with SI?

Not a fan of CM, wolda paid 2.50 for it tho if it was on a disk, shame its not

What is the difference. The FM/CM series always stored the game on your computer anyway.

The fact your paying a £2.50 charge for nothing :lol:

Don't see the point on paying £2.51 for a download that I could download for free.

I'm not going to illegally download a game for the sake of £2.50. The DRM on these games has been a pain in the arse for a while anyway.