Mendes "sudden" injury........

CanadianBacon

I'm disturbed (ever-so-slightly) by the non-appearance of Mendes yesterday and, they say, for the coming weekend game v's the Jambo's given that our club has a track record of selling valuable assets from under our noses at the very last minute of the transfer window.

This has shades of the Carlos Cuellar scenario written large - wrapping him in cotton wool, perhaps?

I hope I'm wrong..............but.............. :(

I wouldn't be bothered as long as we get a decent fee. Got enough cover in the middle of the park. Would miss some of his creative spark but as far as workrate is concerned there's others who could do a better job.

hope youre wrong mate as we need all our midfielders to be playing

yesterday with the 2 wide players our midfield(imo) was pretty weak and if we went with the same 4 next week we will struggle big time

It's unlikely they'll be the first choice for most of the season though if Mendes left. I would assume that Thomson and either Davis or Edu would be the preferred partnership in the middle.

FFS but the paranoia amongst our ranks these days.... we are like the sellick of yore

Not a single rumour about him at all...perhaps he did actually have an injury and didnt preplan it so that it could be in the papers.

not a single rumour

we had a bid in for him in january apparently

everyone is for sale at the right price

we've done this before with cuellar

damn right we have to be worried

Cant really see anyone of note coming in for Mendes, lets face it he 30 playing in the Scottish league he,ll be finished in a couple of years, no I think he,ll be with us for the coming season.

FFS but the paranoia amongst our ranks these days.... we are like the sellick of yore

Not a single rumour about him at all...perhaps he did actually have an injury and didnt preplan it so that it could be in the papers.

..... yep the paranoia is taking hold - we even had some posters on here a couple of weeks ago speculatng Bougherra was being sold because of his body language during the game !! :lol:

Still being so tight financially the fear is getting to many but even if Mendez does get sold we will survive - I've seem lots of our 'MOST' important player leave over the last 35 years and we have survived every one of them going so far.

I'm disturbed (ever-so-slightly) by the non-appearance of Mendes yesterday and, they say, for the coming weekend game v's the Jambo's given that our club has a track record of selling valuable assets from under our noses at the very last minute of the transfer window.

This has shades of the Carlos Cuellar scenario written large - wrapping him in cotton wool, perhaps?

I hope I'm wrong..............but.............. :(

Carlos cuellar was out for 3 further weeks when he joined villa.....he must be one hell of an actor......

I wouldn't be bothered as long as we get a decent fee. Got enough cover in the middle of the park. Would miss some of his creative spark but as far as workrate is concerned there's others who could do a better job.

Your surely having a laugh?

For a creative midfielder Mendes puts in one hell of a shift.

Losing him would be a travesty.

Your surely having a laugh?

For a creative midfielder Mendes puts in one hell of a shift.

Losing him would be a travesty.

I agree. One thing that impresses me most about Mendes is his ability to get back and win the ball.

Na it's the old Walter predictable tactics been doin it for years, they'll be hee haw wrong with Mendes but he'll be lookin at the fixtures and he's said Falkirk we'll beat them without so and so. But then again minty would sell his granny. :sherlock: