Is It Time To Turn Up The Heat On The Subway Loyal?

unless we asked the majority that left though we wont know why they do it

so giving them abuse seems harsh, maybe people dont wanna be stuck in traffic as they have a cunt of a journey, maybe they wanna get to the pub quicker for a pint

but the fact they have paid their money, turned up, supported the team, should be enough

and im sure most people dont leave if its a tight game, yes if we are winning 4-1, but if its a 2-2 game like the hearts game last season i bet the numbers leaving early drops dramatically

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unless we asked the majority that left though we wont know why they do it

so giving them abuse seems harsh, maybe people dont wanna be stuck in traffic as they have a cunt of a journey, maybe they wanna get to the pub quicker for a pint

but the fact they have paid their money, turned up, supported the team, should be enough

and im sure most people dont leave if its a tight game, yes if we are winning 4-1, but if its a 2-2 game like the hearts game last season i bet the numbers leaving early drops dramatically

I would disagree with that mate. I think the numbers are roughly the same with the exception of things such as cup games on a Weds night.

There may be a public sale! but there is people with ST's who use them mainly for the OF games! are you also trying to tell me 15000 people work saturday nights who go to ibrox? never have i heard such shite

Right so if I choose to stay an extra 5 minutes it adds around an extra hour if not more onto my journey home. It's orite for the ones that takes 10 15 mins to get home.

3 o'clock kick off means that if I stay until the very end I won't be getting home until half 7 if not 8 and when I mean home mean just getting back into Edinburgh. Although the fact of that I leave around 11 thats a long day just to watch 90 mins of football.

If I leave 5 mins early I look to get home about half 6. So for anyone to tell me that they get annoyed could just fuck off considering they either live 10 mins away or are in no rush to get out of Glasgow.

half 7-8pm? you going by horse and cart?

I always stay until the end, then get the underground and then the Edinburgh train. I normally make the 5.30 or 5.45 train.

aye you may be fit and healthy though, if I'm with my grandad he takes a cunt of a time just to get out the ground. Then even a 1 min walk to the subway takes 5 mins. Catch my drift....

Also just about every person says the atmosphere is shite because of the subway loyal. Well considering Ibrox is like a morgue most of the game I can't understand how they people can say fuck all.

There probably the cunts that just like to moan about everything, infact wouldn't surprise me if they were the ones that frown upon you and tell you to sit down if you try to stand up and sing.

A know guys on my RSC who go for the first half in some games then go to the pub, personaly I dis-agree with this approach as it creates nothing to the atmosphere but they pay there money and its hardly as if theres a huge season ticket list so they ain't doing no-one out a ticket.

Here we go another subway loyal thread.

Some points:

1. Its always been like this

2. It isnt a new phenomenon

3. It happens at every ground

4. Yes its annoying but so are pricks that come in late and go to the toilets every 5 minutes

5. It isnt the subway, cos that moves v quick. Folk with cars leave early too

6. Supporter buses leave early

7. Some people are old and like to get away from the rush

It'l never change and we CANT do anything about it, because its a free country and fans can come n go as they please.

So, suggestions? - becasue moaning on here wont help it either....

seems really thick to leave the match early when some people cant even get tickets (either sold out/or cant afford).

If you really loved the 'gers you would stay every match no matter how shite we were, the team needs our support.

A lot of people take it for granted that they can actually go to games every week.

Living in Canada, if I was to live in Edinburgh or such and had a season ticket I dont care what it would take to get to a game, hell I'd bike to Ibrox and back if thats what I'd have to do.

some people have to take a good hard look at themselves and ask what being a "supporter" and "thick and thin" really means.

as an old timer (42) and a season ticket holder of 25 years + , i'd say it's up to you when you want to leave , personally i don't unless i have something on that evening i have to get home for , that perhaps happens 4/5 times per season and on occassion never in the course of a season , now after over 25 years paying my money up-front every year and going to away games up until 4-5 years ago i think i've earned the right to leave when i want on occassion , and if some wee 18-25 year twat wants to call me dis-loyal then be prepared for a mouthful in return , my season ticket is older than some of these so called loyal fans who spout pish about not being loyal cos you leave early.

ps...sometimes i'm late because iwatch my son play footy on a saturday morning - does that make me un-loyal as well ???

as an old timer (42) and a season ticket holder of 25 years + , i'd say it's up to you when you want to leave , personally i don't unless i have something on that evening i have to get home for , that perhaps happens 4/5 times per season and on occassion never in the course of a season , now after over 25 years paying my money up-front every year and going to away games up until 4-5 years ago i think i've earned the right to leave when i want on occassion , and if some wee 18-25 year twat wants to call me dis-loyal then be prepared for a mouthful in return , my season ticket is older than some of these so called loyal fans who spout pish about not being loyal cos you leave early.

ps...sometimes i'm late because iwatch my son play footy on a saturday morning - does that make me un-loyal as well ???

Yes.

Yes.

twat , but i'll excuse you given that your not old enough to buy a pint yet sonny :(

Yes.

twat , but i'll excuse you given that your not old enough to buy a pint yet sonny :(

i should also ask have you enjoyed your one competitive game as a season ticket holder ??? ;)

Yes.

Had one on Saturday mate. You should stop being ageist, you may be older but at least I fully passed English class ;)

Yes.

Had one on Saturday mate. You should stop being ageist, you may be older but at least I fully passed English class ;)

you should perhaps start showing respect to those who have followed Rangers for longer than you have been breathing mate , once you've paid your dues to Rangers then perhaps i'll start appreciating your opinions.

Yes.

you should perhaps start showing respect to those who have followed Rangers for longer than you have been breathing mate , once you've paid your dues to Rangers then perhaps i'll start appreciating your opinions.

So your rating fans' loyalty based on age now? doh

What an ageist twat.

Yes.

So your rating fans' loyalty based on age now? doh

What an ageist twat.

No i'm not mate , all i'm asking for is a bit of respect for those who have ploughed money in over the years and still do for not only myself now but my son , for whatever reason some people have to leave early , occasionally i have to as well ,as i said sometimes 4/5 times per season , sometimes not at all during the course of the season , is it wrong of me to take umbridge to my "loyality" to be called into question by someone who is only just starting out with their love affair with Rangers ?? , which i wish him and you all the best in , the more the better , hence why i'm chuffed to bits i can afford to take my son along now as well

Mr Thierry Henry

"Also on Saturday I saw some fans leave early. We were constantly attacking, looking for the winning goal. I just wanted you to know that the players do notice it, so please try and stay until the end."

He also said it is one of the most deflating sights a footballer witnesses but i cant find that quote :(

Last weeks game was a league flag day a day to remember, yet it turned into a flat atmosphere and come 80 minutes -waves of fans got up and fcuked off :(

Well fcuk off i don't gee a fcuk it lets me get out the stadium easier at the final whistle. But when you are fcuking off don't block every cunts view standing on the stairwell trying to see whats happening just fcuk off :)

many thanks :)