Railcard

3 wins

or 2 wins and 3 draws which leaves only 1 defeat

not sure but i reckon we should aim for this

Pot 1 at Ibrox 1 point Away 0 points

Pot 2 at Ibrox 1 or 3 points Away 0 or 1 points

Pot 4 at Ibrox hopefully 3 points away hopefully 3 or 1 points

Was trying to work that!

We should always be trying to win at Ibrox irrespective of the opposition, but would be happy with a point from a Pot 1 team both home and away. Even though away is more unrealistic.

If we make Pot 2, I would expect home wins from both teams in Pot 3 and 4, in Pot 3 I would actually expect a draw minimum in the away match, from Pot 4 I would like to see an away win, possibly with the exception of Wolfsburg, where I would be happy to get a draw.

So worst I would expect is two wins, two draws and two defeats (I think <cr> )

I will say again what I have said in about 10 other posts.

It depends on the draw, wait for that to happen and then post these threads.

(tu)

I agree.

None of this '6 points against the Pot 4 side' presumption either, I hope the players aren't thinking like that.

Confidence and arrogance are two very different things ;)

Guest The Brown Brogue

I would realistically hope for 8 points.

2 wins and a draw at home and an away draw.

That would secure 3rd spot and be pushing for 2nd, depending on the draw and other results of course.

A very disturbing fact regarding our home record in the CL group stages is that we have never manged more than one victory in any group.

There has only been, I think, 1 occassion where a team has won their 3 home games and not progressed (no laughing at the back) so the importance of winning your home games is easy to see. It is this home form that I really wish we could consolidate this season, no matter who we get we should be looking to achieve a victory at home.

We have had very good away form for a team of our seeding/resources these last few years so to progress, the answers lie at Ibrox.

A very disturbing fact regarding our home record in the CL group stages is that we have never manged more than one victory in any group.

There has only been, I think, 1 occassion where a team has won their 3 home games and not progressed (no laughing at the back) so the importance of winning your home games is easy to see. It is this home form that I really wish we could consolidate this season, no matter who we get we should be looking to achieve a victory at home.

We have had very good away form for a team of our seeding/resources these last few years so to progress, the answers lie at Ibrox.

I am at the stage I dread the last game of the group being at home after so many disappointments although the Inter Milan game was so exciting after the final whistle.