McManus to Ipswich

MisterC

According to Reporting Scotland anyway. Not sure if a bad thing cos he's shite and if he leaves it will strengthen them but then its kinda funny that the only team interesting in signing him is championship side Ipswich! Anyway thought was worth a post in here.

Thoughts?

I think he can be very good on his day, there's a reason he's Celtic captain. Having said that, he does make more than his fair share of mistakes :D

How much they getting for him?

They didnt say, I have no idea how long is left on his contract as I have no interest in that sort of thing but I dare say 1.5mil would seal the deal.

I think he can be very good on his day, there's a reason he's Celtic captain. Having said that, he does make more than his fair share of mistakes :D

How much they getting for him?

They didnt say, I have no idea how long is left on his contract as I have no interest in that sort of thing but I dare say 1.5mil would seal the deal.

What a gutter for him! This time last year he was Celtic captain and future Scotland captain, one of the highest rated defenders in the country, now he's away to Ipswich for relative peanuts :lol:

Gutter? Going to a better league than the SPL, a league which hosts almost all the national team players, and probably getting a better wage than he does at timmy?

Being managed by Roy Keane who used to be his team mate?

Look a little deeper chaps - this isn't much of a step down - it's a step side ways if anything.

According to Reporting Scotland anyway. Not sure if a bad thing cos he's shite and if he leaves it will strengthen them but then its kinda funny that the only team interesting in signing him is championship side Ipswich! Anyway thought was worth a post in here.

Thoughts?

Be a good move for him quite honestly, Mowbray made it pretty clear from day 1 that he didn't fancy McManus, so going to a better league and getting paid more while it wouldn't affect his national team chances is probably in his best interests.

Thoughts?

Be a good move for him quite honestly, Mowbray made it pretty clear from day 1 that he didn't fancy McManus, so going to a better league and getting paid more while it wouldn't affect his national team chances is probably in his best interests.

I'm more concerned with what is in celtics worst interests than his best interests though!

He'll surely be one of Celtic's high earners though? The only reason I could see him going was if Mowbray had told him, in no uncertain terms, that he was surplus to requirements.

He's pretty much implied that by undermining him pretty much when he took over by saying he had other candidates for the captaincy.

Even then, put yourself in his shoes. You play for, and captain Rangers, your boyhood heroes, whilst start for your country. You make a couple of mistakes and a new manager comes in and tells you that you're no longer wanted. Then a team like Preston comes in and offers you a way out. Do you stay and fight, trying to reclaim previous form, or leave the team you've supported all your life for some small town English team?

When a manager tells you you're not wanted, it's time to go. There are 3 examples of Rangers players in the above situation, and all 3 left.

Let's not be romantic about this - reality is quite different from Roy of the Rovers.

Has he not popped up with a fair few goals over the last couple of seasons? Always seemed a bit of a thug to me and quite often got away with it, not really a strange move Ipswich have a 2 year plan to get themselves in the Premiership.

No chance of that happening imo

Has he not popped up with a fair few goals over the last couple of seasons? Always seemed a bit of a thug to me and quite often got away with it, not really a strange move Ipswich have a 2 year plan to get themselves in the Premiership.

No chance of that happening imo

Not with Roy Keane in charge there certainly isnt <cr>

Ipswich Town are today set to seal a shock loan swoop for Celtic skipper Stephen McManus - with a view to a permanent £2.5million deal.

Boss Roy Keane has launched a dramatic raid on his former club to take the international centre-back to Portman Road.

McManus has yet to play this season for Tony Mowbray having undergone surgery in the summer and the new Parkhead manager has gone with a rearguard partnership of Gary Caldwell and Glenn Loovens in the captain's absence.

However, it now appears the defender's long-term position at the Hoops is under scrutiny.

Ironically, news of Keane's move broke on the day McManus was recalled to the Scotland squad for the World Cup qualifiers against Macedonia and Holland.

Keane is desperate to beef up his defensive resources andMcManus is top target.

Record Sport understands a loan swoop will pave the way for a permanent move if he impresses at the Championship outfit.

http://www.&lt;No links to this website&gt;/football/spl/...86908-21624646/