The Day We Should Have Scored 8

minstral

Was watch a old video of when we beat Celtic 5-1 in 1988-89 and we should have scored at least 8 that day. It is something i will always regret that day as we had a chance to really humiliate them even further that day, when you think there was still about 30 minutes left to get more goals. But we sat back and were happy to take the pish out of them instead, the one great memory for me that day was Ray Wilkins goal what a volley, and the fans going crazy.I think Coisty said later on that they should have went for more goals, its the only regret i have that day but still a fantastic day.

I also remember Tommy Burns saying he was praying for that game to end as Rangers where on the verge of beating Celtics 7-1 win in 57, he said he look up at the time and realised there was half a hour to go all they did was try and keep the score down till the final whistle.

Fantastic game,you're right we should have destroyed them,What a volley by Wilkins :drool:

Ian Andrews Spetic Legend ha ha didnt we beat them 4-1 that same season?

Yea Packie Bonner was in goal this time if i remember correctly,he blessed himself before a penalty then the ball promptly

flew by him into the net :lol:

Mintral - you sound like a guy that sits behind me - just never happy unless he has something to moan about. No matter what the score he has something negative to say and never anything positive.

That 5-1 was a great day and if I remember correctly they scored first?

We played fantasic, humiliated them 5-1, ripped the pish out of them but you want more. - why not just anjoy it for wat it was, not what it wasn't! Just occasionally, even once, see that the glass is half full - ilooking at the positives may be an experience you might enjoy!?

Was watch a old video of when we beat Celtic 5-1 in 1988-89 and we should have scored at least 8 that day. It is something i will always regret that day as we had a chance to really humiliate them even further that day, when you think there was still about 30 minutes left to get more goals. But we sat back and were happy to take the pish out of them instead, the one great memory for me that day was Ray Wilkins goal what a volley, and the fans going crazy.I think Coisty said later on that they should have went for more goals, its the only regret i have that day but still a fantastic day.

What a fantastic day that was, but you're right minstral we should have destroyed them completely.

Mintral - you sound like a guy that sits behind me - just never happy unless he has something to moan about. No matter what the score he has something negative to say and never anything positive.

We played fantasic, humiliated them 5-1, ripped the pish out of them but you want more. - why not just anjoy it for wat it was, not what it wasn't! Just occasionally, even once, see that the glass is half full - ilooking at the positives may be an experience you might enjoy!?

I agree to an extent, but there's nothing wrong with wanting to see your team do the absolute best they can, not just sit on their laurels. Especially in an OF game where we could and would have broken a record if we'd kept at it.

Aye we should have done it Minst, Coisty wis shoutin like fcuk 20 minutes to go lets get it, but bawheid Souness came oan and fcuked it up. I'm in that video Minst wae ma Big Son, we were at the front just to the side of the Copland goal, at Drinkells celebration and Walters celebration. Happy Daze Minst ! (tu):sherlock:

we thumped them 5-1 and your still not happy? doh

Unlucky tonight lads ! Erm, i mean bhoys :rolleyes::mutley:

Mac, I dunno who you're aiming at with your "lads" (plural) remark but you'd better not be aiming at me. Calling a fellow bear a Tim is well out of order and totally fucked up.

anyone who lived thro. 7/1 wanted the revevge

Think I might have been crawling at the time of the 7-1...but still, I would have loved to see us doing 8 !!!

Not negative in the least, just doing better and letting them have it for 30 or 40 years!

Maybe you were happy at 5-1, but what a chance of revenge for our 7-1 defeat which they still rub in to our faces. We should have went for goals that day as Ally will tell you, but as long as your happy thats fine. :)