***The Official Champions League Draw Thread***

bluenose_72

Why does everyone want Bordeaux? They're the French champions and have Gourcuff, Chamakh, Cavenaghi and Gouffran. Really good players. We should be wanting to avoid them.

I was thinking the same! Stuttgart aside, I don't think I fancy anyone from Pot 3!

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does everyone want Bordeaux? They're the French champions and have Gourcuff, Chamakh, Cavenaghi and Gouffran. Really good players. We should be wanting to avoid them.

I was thinking the same! Stuttgart aside, I don't think I fancy anyone from Pot 3!

I know. Would rather draw them though rather than being in pot 3 and drawing Real Madrid as our Pot 2 team :craphead:

My thoughts also.

As I said previous, there isn't one single team in Pot 3 that I particularly fancy.

My thoughts also.

As I said previous, there isn't one single team in Pot 3 that I particularly fancy.

Gotta agree here papa, will be a tough draw either way.

Best draws would IMO be Olympiakos or Besiktas, although we'd face rather hostile crowds and would probably have to be happy with a point away from home.

Pot 3 is tough. Stuttgart would probably be the easiest opponents in there.

Not too sure about that mate, Babbel has put a very strong team together.

Pogrebnyak and Hleb were outstanding for them every time I've seen Stuttgart so far this season.

Just thought I'd pop this in here than create a new thread (tu)

PEDRO MENDES is delighted Rangers have made it into Pot 2 for today's Champions League draw - but he is gutted it means they will miss his old club Porto.

Mendes won the Champions League with Porto in 2004 and was hoping for a crack at his former side but they are now in the same pot and can't be drawn against Rangers..

He said: "I watched the match between Fiorentina and Sporting last night because I knew that was the one that could take us into Pot 2. It was unlucky for Sporting but obviously good for us.

"The thing is now we are in Pot 2 we can't meet the team I wanted to meet - Porto.

"Having said that we are avoiding a bunch of good teams but we are still facing difficult matches no doubt about that.

"It's an exciting time and that would have been case whether we were in Pot 2 or Pot 3.

"I don't know if our chances are any better than if we were in Pot 3 because the teams involved are still great.

"The key for us is to do well in the home games. You have to get your points in these matches if you are to have any chance of going through.

"I don't think we can hope we avoid the English teams because the Spanish and Italian teams are just as strong.

"I don't think it really matters if we get Man United, Arsenal or Liverpool because Milan or Barcelona would be equally as massive.

"As I said, you must do well at Ibrox and hope that the opposition has a bad day at the office.

"In Pot 4 we want to avoid Wolfsburg because they are Bundesliga champions and as a result they will be a massive team.

"There are also some sides like Apoel. Debreceni and Unirea Urziceni and we would fancy our chances against them but it's all a matter of luck."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/He...1775257,00.html