Allan feels sorry for Neil and on being chosen again

Boab

Exclusive by Lindsay Herron

ALLAN McGREGOR admits that he feels for rival and friend Neil Alexander after winning back the gloves at Rangers.

McGregor was given the nod for the goalkeeper's slot even although Alexander was in possession after replacing Allan in the climax to each of the last two seasons.

McGregor was injured two seasons ago and then dropped last season after his Scotland antics and on each occasion Alexander came in and did a great job.

Selecting his goalkeeper for the new campaign was a tough call for Walter Smith. He reverted to McGregor who is naturally thrilled but equally sympathetic to the plight of Alexander.

He said: "It was great that the manager showed faith in me and picked me to start the season. I didn't actually find out until the last minute as we prepared to Falkirk in the opening game.

"The situation is made more awkward because Neil and I are pals. If Neil was somebody I didn't get on with it would have been a lot easier.

"So I do feel sorry for him that he has been left out but at the same time I'm obviously happy that the gaffer has chosen me.

"Obviously I have had spells out of the team in the last two seasons with injury and then the daft incident when I was with Scotland. So I am so happy to be back playing again.

"I missed the tail end of last season through my own fault and that was tough. However, I didn't really think that I would have to leave. I was only thinking about the boys trying to win the League which they did."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/He...1785513,00.html

Bit tabloidy again from the RFC site however a nice story nonetheless. Interesting Walter left it so late too, kept them on tenderhooks and on their toes.

Nice to see a comment after the article from you Boab, instead of your copy paste shite (tu)

If you actually look closely,

Was unaware anyone did when it comes to your posts.

Cutting......if I equally cared what you thought and on that note, I don't believe people respect you anyway any where near as much as you think tho' I don't think you actually care either way.

Nice to see a comment after the article from you Boab, instead of your copy paste shite (tu)

Cutting......if I equally cared what you thought and on that note, I don't believe people respect any where near you as much as you think tho' I don't think you actually care either way.

haha least people respect him more than you :lol:

Cutting......if I equally cared what you thought and on that note, I don't believe people respect any where near you as much as you think tho' I don't think you actually care either way.

:lol:

Aye but I'm easily more respected than you! :lol:

Mind you, this is so childish, shame Danny the admin had to drag the tone of the thread down....

I'd rather have Alexander. If McGregor sells us any more goals with idiotic mistakes, he should be dropped, no questions asked.

Alexander done nothing to warrant getting dropped in the first place IMO

Agreed. Not a good thing when you drop your keeper who has done nothing wrong. Imo that will affect his confidence.

:lol:

Aye but I'm easily more respected than you! :lol:

Mind you, this is so childish, shame Danny the admin had to drag the thread down....

how the fuck can you say such a thing? :lol:doh

I didn't think Alexander deserved to be dropped but the decision has been made so it's time to put a line under this issue. Mcgregor should be getting everyones full support now instead of trying to pick holes in everything he does

I'll get this thread back on topic :pipe:

I'm actually disappointed McGregor has took time to comment on this, even though i know it wasn't meant as a dig. The way it's come across it's like sticking the knife in.

I agree. I think the majority see McGregors inclusion as a slap in the face to Alexander. Coming out with platitudes doesn't help matters.

I honestly thought that McGregor was getting the nod to put him in the shop window. It's obvious now that I was wrong. Feel sorry for Alexander and I am surprised he never asked for a move.

I didn't think Alexander deserved to be dropped but the decision has been made so it's time to put a line under this issue. Mcgregor should be getting everyones full support now instead of trying to pick holes in everything he does

I think McGregor is a good keeper but I reckon every team in the league know he is weak at crosses to the back post. I would prefer Alexander