Why all the love for number 18?

outlaw69uk

When he was at Hibs one game at Easter Road he gave the world class Arthur Numan the biggest runaround he probably got in his career, that display was most likely the one that seen his first transfer to Ibrox.

Miller has imo been an excellent signing for us.

I remember that one. I think you are right, It probably did but, all players can have games like that. Lee Martin destroyed Hearts, Sebo scored against chelsea and aberdeen

Smith should have played him wide and Lafferty up front, we might have gotten more for our buck

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I am missing something, is there a limit to the number of times you are allowed to post in a thread? Surely ongoing debate calls for responses? Especially when some people contribute by posting lies about you, and, in fact your intentions ;)

Not sure, but, seems people are calling on it tonight, I must have missed that meeting

BIGOT !! :lol:

I think I am missing something, is there a limit to the number of times you are allowed to post in a thread? Surely ongoing debate calls for responses? Especially when some people contribute by posting lies about you, and, in fact your intentions ;)

Not sure, but, seems people are calling on it tonight, I must have missed that meeting

BIGOT !! :lol:

:ph34r::pipe:

He would certainly be on my team sheet before "Its too hot and I cant be arsed" Boyd

Having said that its probably an unfair coparison because "Its too hot" is an out and out penalty taker/striker

whereas Miller works better alongside someone like Lafferty as the main sriker.

Two forwards causing problems for defenders for 90 minutes.

Thats what we need.

The jury is still out on Naismith and i'm still not sure what his best position is but I would wager he wouldnt

comeoff because its too hot for him.

When he was at Hibs one game at Easter Road he gave the world class Arthur Numan the biggest runaround he probably got in his career, that display was most likely the one that seen his first transfer to Ibrox.

Miller has imo been an excellent signing for us.

I remember that one. I think you are right, It probably did but, all players can have games like that. Lee Martin destroyed Hearts, Sebo scored against chelsea and aberdeen

Smith should have played him wide and Lafferty up front, we might have gotten more for our buck

Were going to have to agree to disagree on this topic, i like, you dont, does not make me or you right or wrong, it has been a mostly constructive debate from both sides, the passion we have for The Rangers shines through though,im out now, watp.

Mhisser is the worst football player in the Rangers squad. FACT He is also a turncoat little shit, a mercenary, who doesn't give two fucks for me or any of the people supporting him on here, he would gladly play again for the scum tomorrow if they offered him money.

Favourite beers kilkenny miller

Has anyone every laughed at that? :anguish:

For that someone would first have to assume, wrongly, that I was joking.

He would certainly be on my team sheet before "Its too hot and I cant be arsed" Boyd

Having said that its probably an unfair coparison because "Its too hot" is an out and out penalty taker/striker

Thats what we need.

The jury is still out on Naismith and i'm still not sure what his best position is but I would wager he wouldnt

Agree with that bit, last time we had that in abundance, I think, was McCoist, Hateley and Johnston. Ah, those were the days

Think thats a bit harsh on Boyd haha, but, at the same time, it was shocking if true, and, fair enough. I thought he just said something like "its too hot to play football"? He was right, but, at the same time, was hell of a comedown to the performance in the previous game. Still, others have done worse and forgiven far quicker.

Kenny Miller is possibly the best pound for pound signing along with Steve Davis that Walter has made. Yes he has his flaws but his constant work rate gives defenders absolute nightmares!!! He forces errors and creates goals for others and has a marvellous work ethic. Every league game so far IMO he has played well and at home to Falkirk he was head and shoulders above anyone else on the park!!!

See this in bold is where I find a problem with the perception with him, I too often see this being said or similar and I too often disagree and can't fathom it.

I'm more with Outlaw with this actually, Tannochside B, Muff and much of the time, like Novo altho he has proved it on the big occasions, he reminds me of a teenager where one gives a better finish with less time to think about it.

Not saying he hasn't contributed (the assist tally of last season for one) or isn't good but isn't (a) very good (player) IMO.

I'd have most Rangers strikers ahead of Miller like the Outlaw example.

Thats what we need.

Agree with that bit, last time we had that in abundance, I think, was McCoist, Hateley and Johnston. Ah, those were the days

Think thats a bit harsh on Boyd haha, but, at the same time, it was shocking if true, and, fair enough. I thought he just said something like "its too hot to play football"? He was right, but, at the same time, was hell of a comedown to the performance in the previous game. Still, others have done worse and forgiven far quicker.

Stop cheating - thats three :D

Thats what we need.

Stop cheating - thats three :D

:lol: I know, sorry mate.

I did mean, when Johnston was benched, we had McCoist and so on.

What a un-necessary pot shot at Kenny Miller, who has been one of our main performers this season and will be a major asset for us in this campaign.

Poor show Outlaw (td)

Well, how is this un-neccessary. Questions arent allowed matey? It was fairly straightforward, greeted with overwhelming apathy and annoyance, yet, now appears to be our favourite son. Thats some turnaround is it not? I still have the same low opinion I have always had, and, he hasnt done anything to show otherwise. He has had a few games where he hasnt been bad, but, "this season"? is 3 games old! Other players, that would be met with "its only been 2 or 3 games", so, your response is totally what I am getting at fella?

We will see about major asset, but, as I said, I feel personally that we have better, far better

Questions/ Criticism are allowed when justified, this why all the love for 18 is a un-necessary pot shot.

Miller is one of the first names on the team sheet and it's justified due to the good performances he has put in. I wonder if this thought of unjustified credit would have crossed you're mind if he didn't play for them across the city?.

As for being our favourite son, honestly don't know where you are getting that from. Cause he's well down the pecking order for that title <cr>

Ho ho - a 7 page thread on Kenny Miller's ability from an OP who refuses even to call him by name?

Yeah, that's right Outlaw - your problem really is that he isn't good enough isn't it? Probably disappointed that he contributed to us winning the league weren't you?

Why don't you just grow a pair and say why you can't stand him?

What a prick.

Ho ho - a 7 page thread on Kenny Miller's ability from an OP who refuses even to call him by name?

Yeah, that's right Outlaw - your problem really is that he isn't good enough isn't it? Probably disappointed that he contributed to us winning the league weren't you?

What a prick.

Oh please tell me why then oh wise one?

hahaha should be fun

What a un-necessary pot shot at Kenny Miller, who has been one of our main performers this season and will be a major asset for us in this campaign.

Poor show Outlaw (td)

Well, how is this un-neccessary. Questions arent allowed matey? It was fairly straightforward, greeted with overwhelming apathy and annoyance, yet, now appears to be our favourite son. Thats some turnaround is it not? I still have the same low opinion I have always had, and, he hasnt done anything to show otherwise. He has had a few games where he hasnt been bad, but, "this season"? is 3 games old! Other players, that would be met with "its only been 2 or 3 games", so, your response is totally what I am getting at fella?

We will see about major asset, but, as I said, I feel personally that we have better, far better

Questions/ Criticism are allowed when justified, this why all the love for 18 is a un-necessary pot shot.

Miller is one of the first names on the team sheet and it's justified due to the good performances he has put in. I wonder if this thought of unjustified credit would have crossed you're mind if he didn't play for them across the city?.

As for being our favourite son, honestly don't know where you are getting that from. Cause he's well down the pecking order for that title <cr>

Ah well, I dont think its justified that he is the first name, I am obviously not alone.

So, I need to be more careful in referring to miller then? I dont think so, too many people desperate to be offended. Did you actually read any of it? Mojo is one of my all time favourites, I believe he played for them, the difference is, he was a quality player

If you want to imply anything else, feel free. I dont mind, and, will give me a good laugh

What a prick.

hahaha should be fun

Because he played for Celtic.

If you started a thread about Broadfoot or McCulloch would you refuse to name them?

Having fun?

Career stats, from elsewhere

14 goals in 53 games at Hibs - a rate of almost a goal every four games.

scored 10 goals in 13 games at Stenhousemuir - a rate of almost a goal a game. His best ever ratio by a mile.

scored 11 goals in 38 games at Rangers - a rate of almost a goal every four games.

scored 63 goals in 191 games at Wolves - a rate of almost a goal every three games.

scored 11 goals in 46 games at the Bheasts - a rate of just over a goal every four games.

scored 6 goals in 33 games at Derby - a rate of just over a goal every five games.

scored 13 goals in 38 games at Rangers - a rate of almost a goal every three games.

scored 11 goals in 44 games with Scotland - a rate of a goal every four games.

Now, if we were looking to sign a striker, with that record, would you be happy? Thats not good enough, not for Rangers, in my opinion. The highlighted line would suggest the level he is prolific/comfortable at.

This is where I felt the need to intervene.

You constanly talk about how you see Lafferty as being one of our best options upfront yet his tally of goals reads

Burley 83 games 10 goals - One goal every 8.3 games

Darlington 9 games 3 goals - One every 3 games

Rangers 25 games 6 goals - one every 4.1 games

Northern Ireland 22 games 7 goals - one every 3.1

So at this moment in time Lafferty's career average is one goal every 5.34 games, which on paper (and to quote you) "is not good enough, not for Rangers"

However both me and you know that Lafferty is good enough to be a Rangers centre forward, so I guess that just proves that it's true what they say: there are lies, damn lies and statistics.

If you truly believe what you just said to be true, then I expect a "why all the love for number 27" thread highlighting his questionable return rate for a striker to be started shortly :)

Poor show Outlaw (td)

Ah well, I dont think its justified that he is the first name, I am obviously not alone.

So, I need to be more careful in referring to miller then? I dont think so, too many people desperate to be offended. Did you actually read any of it? Mojo is one of my all time favourites, I believe he played for them, the difference is, he was a quality player

If you want to imply anything else, feel free. I dont mind, and, will give me a good laugh

I think as you have always suggested and pulled up alot of posters in the past, you always should have enough respect to call one of our players by there own name for one. That's one of many things that's separates us for them, and I'm glad you managed to referrer to him as Miller now.

I'm just shocked that you cant see what he add's to the 1st team, which is quite sad. But as you said in you're OP...."Part of that is a personal thing" :pipe: , maybe in time you'll see what he does add, and come around instead of saying...

A distinctively average player, shocking technique, and, other aspects about him that are unpalletable, Cause he's far from that.

Career stats, from elsewhere

14 goals in 53 games at Hibs - a rate of almost a goal every four games.

scored 10 goals in 13 games at Stenhousemuir - a rate of almost a goal a game. His best ever ratio by a mile.

scored 11 goals in 38 games at Rangers - a rate of almost a goal every four games.

scored 63 goals in 191 games at Wolves - a rate of almost a goal every three games.

scored 11 goals in 46 games at the Bheasts - a rate of just over a goal every four games.

scored 6 goals in 33 games at Derby - a rate of just over a goal every five games.

scored 13 goals in 38 games at Rangers - a rate of almost a goal every three games.

scored 11 goals in 44 games with Scotland - a rate of a goal every four games.

Now, if we were looking to sign a striker, with that record, would you be happy? Thats not good enough, not for Rangers, in my opinion. The highlighted line would suggest the level he is prolific/comfortable at.

This is where I felt the need to intervene.

You constanly talk about how you see Lafferty as being one of our best options upfront yet his tally of goals reads

Burley 83 games 10 goals - One goal every 8.3 games

Darlington 9 games 3 goals - One every 3 games

Rangers 25 games 6 goals - one every 4.1 games

Northern Ireland 22 games 7 goals - one every 3.1

So at this moment in time Lafferty's career average is one goal every 5.34 games, which on paper (and to quote you) "is not good enough, not for Rangers"

However both me and you know that Lafferty is good enough to be a Rangers centre forward, so I guess that just proves that it's true what they say: there are lies, damn lies and statistics.

If you truly believe what you just said to be true, then I expect a "why all the love for number 27" thread highlighting his questionable return rate for a striker to be started shortly :)

Thats what I would call a SLAM DUNK :D

What a prick.

hahaha should be fun

Because he played for Celtic.

If you started a thread about Broadfoot or McCulloch would you refuse to name them?

Having fun?

Yep, thats it, spot on, man, you are a genius

Oh no wait, you arent

Yep indeed, had a great night thanks, special replies like yours make it all the more worthwhile

Poor show Outlaw (td)

I think as you have always suggested and pulled up alot of posters in the past, you always should have enough respect to call one of our players by there own name for one. That's one of many things that's separates us for them, and I'm glad you managed to referrer to him as Miller now.

I'm just shocked that you cant see what he add's to the 1st team, which is quite sad. But as you said in you're OP...."Part of that is a personal thing" :pipe: , maybe in time you'll see what he does add, and come around instead of saying...

A distinctively average player, shocking technique, and, other aspects about him that are unpalletable, Cause he's far from that.

Did I refer to him as that other than the title? Perhaps, wasnt the intention

I didnt say I didnt see what he added, I said I feel there is better. Its different. Like I have said here, and before, if he was a midfielder, his stats would be decent.

So, he isnt average? perhaps not compared to some over the last couple of years, but, seriously? He isnt even top notch in the national side? Stated over and over, as have others, its about ability.

From the "other aspects"? There are countless tales of his ignorance towards fans, past and present, something Boab had against Adam. Some players are like that. He roundly slated the club when he left first time. None of this has anything to do with playing for them does it? No!

But, looking at some of the replies, as I mentioned earlier,if you dont think miller is great, idiots appear with the pathetic "bigot" line and because he played for them. Its half the reason I keep replying. Find it hard to believe bears can be such idiots. Especially given others have been in wanting him dead!

If you rate him, fair enough. Whoever brought up broadfoot, good name to add to it. I dont think he is good enough either. I must be bigotted towards St Mirren too eh?