Why all the love for number 18?

outlaw69uk

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Career stats, from elsewhere

14 goals in 53 games at Hibs - a rate of almost a goal every four games.

scored 10 goals in 13 games at Stenhousemuir - a rate of almost a goal a game. His best ever ratio by a mile.

scored 11 goals in 38 games at Rangers - a rate of almost a goal every four games.

scored 63 goals in 191 games at Wolves - a rate of almost a goal every three games.

scored 11 goals in 46 games at the Bheasts - a rate of just over a goal every four games.

scored 6 goals in 33 games at Derby - a rate of just over a goal every five games.

scored 13 goals in 38 games at Rangers - a rate of almost a goal every three games.

scored 11 goals in 44 games with Scotland - a rate of a goal every four games.

Now, if we were looking to sign a striker, with that record, would you be happy? Thats not good enough, not for Rangers, in my opinion. The highlighted line would suggest the level he is prolific/comfortable at.

This is where I felt the need to intervene.

You constanly talk about how you see Lafferty as being one of our best options upfront yet his tally of goals reads

Burley 83 games 10 goals - One goal every 8.3 games

Darlington 9 games 3 goals - One every 3 games

Rangers 25 games 6 goals - one every 4.1 games

Northern Ireland 22 games 7 goals - one every 3.1

So at this moment in time Lafferty's career average is one goal every 5.34 games, which on paper (and to quote you) "is not good enough, not for Rangers"

However both me and you know that Lafferty is good enough to be a Rangers centre forward, so I guess that just proves that it's true what they say: there are lies, damn lies and statistics.

If you truly believe what you just said to be true, then I expect a "why all the love for number 27" thread highlighting his questionable return rate for a striker to be started shortly :)

:pipe:

he is still not good enough,

Simply wrong. He's the Scotland Kenny Miller under Walter Smith, the one who gave 4 world class Italian defenders Hell at Hampden.

He's finally found consistency and the ability to produce his Scotland team form on the club stage - that's the critical difference.

The earlier club (Derby, us before, Timmy, Wolves) Miller was an average player who seemed to play out of his skin when Walter took over at Scotland.

Clearly Walter gets the best out of him, and Kenny Miller has become one of our most valuable and influential players.

So, just in case you didn't read it first time, you're wrong. Wrong wrong wrong. Brimming over with wrongability. Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

Wrong :)

Think he has gioven up on this thread after dado's demolition job.......

Or perhaps unlike you he has a life and has other thing to do. But then I dont suppose you can go on FF when you were outed on there a a scumtic supporter ages ago.

Simply wrong. He's the Scotland Kenny Miller under Walter Smith, the one who gave 4 world class Italian defenders Hell at Hampden.

He's finally found consistency and the ability to produce his Scotland team form on the club stage - that's the critical difference.

The earlier club (Derby, us before, Timmy, Wolves) Miller was an average player who seemed to play out of his skin when Walter took over at Scotland.

Clearly Walter gets the best out of him, and Kenny Miller has become one of our most valuable and influential players.

So, just in case you didn't read it first time, you're wrong. Wrong wrong wrong. Brimming over with wrongability. Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

That is your opinion, and while you are entitled to it, I believe it is you that are wrong wrong wrong.

Surely you are having a laugh at the Italy game example. If you really believe Miller gave the Italians the runaround at Hampden, your credibility has gone completely. We had one world class player that day who stood out a mile as our best player against a top quality side, and he has now been banned from representing his country and playing at Birmingham.

If you are suggesting Miller has been a model of consistency in his second spell at our club, you are either wrong again, deliberately trying to stoke a debate, or dont watch us play live very often. It may be that the matches you have attended have coincided with Miller's few good games last season.

That is my opinion, like the OP's and many others, but let me finish with one question.

If Miller is good enough for Rangers and is consistently performing for us, why has his name never been chanted at a game?

I would suggest we are a very good support to players who play at a consistently high level, and have been known to chant songs about our good players or even just "one .... ....., theres only one .... ...." Miller has never been afforded that luxury. So why is that? Are you accusing the whole Rangers paying support of being too bigoted or short-sighted to praise one of our players? Or is it because, unlike the view of a majority of posters on this thread, he has not reached a consistently high enough level to win over the majority, or even a vocal minority, or paying Rangers supporters?

The other question not yet answered in this thread is why, if the OP and others are so biased against Miller just because he played for "them", does the OP and others have high praise for Mojo?

Or perhaps unlike you he has a life and has other thing to do. But then I dont suppose you can go on FF when you were outed on there a a scumtic supporter ages ago.

Can't help but feel this is a little harsh! :lol:

Quite true, I do have a life ;) And, GCL the "demolition job"? haha, I am getting to that

Quite true, I do have a life ;) And, GCL the "demolition job"? haha, I am getting to that

It was a bit of a swording you gotta admit.

He just had his own demolition job done on him lol

Are you talking about the 2-1 defeat? I might be wrong but I think Danny is talking about the 1-1 draw where Miller scored and caused problems all game.

A 1-1 draw, when was that? I can only remember the game at the end of the last campaign when we lost a late goal. Last November I think.

Its the last refuge of a defeated argument ;)

Jesus the MB's thickest contributor wakes from his slumber to post on a Kenny miller thread

He had posted after it but since he assures us he is getting to that seems I was a little harsh.

He just had his own demolition job done on him lol

By who..... :lol:

scored 10 goals in 13 games at Stenhousemuir - a rate of almost a goal a game. His best ever ratio by a mile.

scored 11 goals in 38 games at Rangers - a rate of almost a goal every four games.

scored 63 goals in 191 games at Wolves - a rate of almost a goal every three games.

scored 11 goals in 46 games at the Bheasts - a rate of just over a goal every four games.

scored 6 goals in 33 games at Derby - a rate of just over a goal every five games.

scored 13 goals in 38 games at Rangers - a rate of almost a goal every three games.

Now, if we were looking to sign a striker, with that record, would you be happy? Thats not good enough, not for Rangers, in my opinion. The highlighted line would suggest the level he is prolific/comfortable at.

You constanly talk about how you see Lafferty as being one of our best options upfront yet his tally of goals reads

So at this moment in time Lafferty's career average is one goal every 5.34 games, which on paper (and to quote you) "is not good enough, not for Rangers"

However both me and you know that Lafferty is good enough to be a Rangers centre forward, so I guess that just proves that it's true what they say: there are lies, damn lies and statistics.

If you truly believe what you just said to be true, then I expect a "why all the love for number 27" thread highlighting his questionable return rate for a striker to be started shortly :)

Rather than for things that a mod should look at? ;)

Ok, there are 3 "constants" since we signed Lafferty, populating this and other forums

1 - We overpaid for a "long term prospect" - He isnt the finished article, or, shall we disagree on that?

2 - Injury prone

3 - Played out of position - Slightly important is it not? Burnley did it, we did it. How many games has he played up front for us, with how many goals? How are his international performances rated where he plays where he should?

Miller doesnt have that excuse, in the main, he has played as a striker all his career.

I agree what you say about stats, all can be manipulated, or selected for any use. However, there is a couple of points here. I posted Millers as an indication that, they havent suddenly jumped up and gotten far better, but, remained where they have always been, so, on that alone, if I didnt rate him before we signed him, he hasnt done anything to change that opinion has he? Therefore, my reasoning that he isnt good (imho) should be taken as a valid opinion, no?

Second point, there is no need for the thread you suggested, since, there wasnt a massive uproar prior to signing Lafferty, was there? The majority didnt want Miller, and, didnt view him as good enough, yet, now they do, will go to the ends of the earth to defend him, and, call people bigots if they dont agree with that? Why is asking the reason behind that such a bad thing? People only questioned the amount we were spending on Lafferty at the time, not his ability.

So, again, I dont think Miller is a good player. Decent, journeyman, but not good. But, since nobody can actually think that, it has to be for "non-footballing reasons". Hilarious!

It was a bit of a swording you gotta admit.

Which bit? haha

Rather than for things that a mod should look at? ;)

Ok, there are 3 "constants" since we signed Lafferty, populating this and other forums

1 - We overpaid for a "long term prospect" - He isnt the finished article, or, shall we disagree on that?

2 - Injury prone

3 - Played out of position - Slightly important is it not? Burnley did it, we did it. How many games has he played up front for us, with how many goals? How are his international performances rated where he plays where he should?

Miller doesnt have that excuse, in the main, he has played as a striker all his career.

I agree what you say about stats, all can be manipulated, or selected for any use. However, there is a couple of points here. I posted Millers as an indication that, they havent suddenly jumped up and gotten far better, but, remained where they have always been, so, on that alone, if I didnt rate him before we signed him, he hasnt done anything to change that opinion has he? Therefore, my reasoning that he isnt good (imho) should be taken as a valid opinion, no?

Second point, there is no need for the thread you suggested, since, there wasnt a massive uproar prior to signing Lafferty, was there? The majority didnt want Miller, and, didnt view him as good enough, yet, now they do, will go to the ends of the earth to defend him, and, call people bigots if they dont agree with that? Why is asking the reason behind that such a bad thing? People only questioned the amount we were spending on Lafferty at the time, not his ability.

So, again, I dont think Miller is a good player. Decent, journeyman, but not good. But, since nobody can actually think that, it has to be for "non-footballing reasons". Hilarious!

Basically they were saying he didnt have the ability to go with the price tag - which was why no one else came in for him.

I think he may, if played in the right position,prove people wrong.

I still await consistency from Miller, he gets a lot of credit from last season because of how he did in the run in and rightly so. But it can't be forgotten that there were still far too many bad games from him in the middle of a terrific start and great finish to season.

I think there's been a few signs of him going back the old ways in the last couple of games so lets hope he can keep up his best form. If he doesn't than he needs dropped, we have too much competition for someone to just keep getting games during poor form.

Also, has he had that injury treated yet?

As per your later post, if you read it, I dont think his Scotland form was good enough either. Smith does clearly get the best out of him, but, its not good enough for me.

If his current form is so much better, why havent his stats improved drastically? Surey they would have?

All players can have standout games, christ, most people loved the line in reference to Charlie Adam that "a few good games dont gloss over the rest of his performances, he isnt good enough" (paraphrasing)

His goalscoring is on a par with what you would expect from a striker at a team like hibs or hearts, according to how many he gets per season.

To use another classic RM argument base, if he IS so good, why was he never linked with a move away? (its not one I like, but, many seem to)

I would argue that every other midfielder, Weir and Boughera are far more important and influential. Add to that, if we are in dire need of a goal, percentage wise, how confident are you miller would get it?

You are loving the word wrong tonight fella, and unsurprisingly managed to make a point without claiming its "just because he played for them" :pipe:

I actually think consistency is what he hasn't found yet in his time with us, after the cup final against Celtic when he was taken off after 58 minutes i'd have been happy to never see Kenny Miller pull on a Rangers jersey again, summed up about four months of poor form.

His form in the run in obviously changed that view, but he needs to be at his best the majority of the time. When he is at his best then he's a valuable player.