***the Official N F L 11/12 Season Thread***

chris_glasgow

Great to see the Rams beat SF, although they without fail make it a lot harder than it should be. Now we have to travel to Seattle and win there if we want to make the playoffs. Kinda torn here; would absolutely love to beat Seattle on their home turf, but I think whoever wins our pathetic division is going to get badly spanked in the first playoff round. Our Offence is so predictable and listless (thanks in no small part to a woefully inept O coach, Pat Shurmur) that I really would be surprised to win next week, which is sad 'cause the Seahawks are even worse than we are this year. Oh well - we've already done much better than I thought we would this year, and probably could have gained a few more wins if our primary receivers hadn't been injured. Hopefully we can fill some gaps in the draft (AND fire Shurmur!!) and go on to greater things next season.

Heeeeeere's the NFL playoff schedule.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules?seasonType=POST

AFC

Saturday, January 8 8 pm ET NBC

New York Jets at Indianapolis

Sunday, January 9 1 pm ET CBS

Baltimore at Kansas City

**The winner of NYJ and Indianapolis will play at Pittsburgh on Saturday, January 15 at 4:30 pm ET CBS

**The winner of Baltimore and Kansas City will play at New England on Sunday, January 16 at 4:30 pm CBS

NFC

Sunday, January 9 4:30 pm FOX

Green Bay at Philadelphia

Saturday, January 8

**The winner of Green Bay and Philadelphia will play at Atlanta on Saturday, January 15 8 pm ET FOX

**The winner.............................. will play at Chicago on Sunday, January 16 1 pm ET FOX

Thank god the regular season is over, roll on the NFL draft!

I hope the Eagles and Pats get fucked in the playoffs :)

Hmmmm... didn't you say before that the Patriots may end up in the Super Bowl? ;)

As for the NFL Draft, that will be 3 more months.

Hmmmm... didn't you say before that the Patriots may end up in the Super Bowl? ;)

As for the NFL Draft, that will be 3 more months.

Yeah I think the Eagles and Pats will probably play in the Super Bowl, in which case I'll have a hard time watching more than 10 minutes of it

Yeah I think the Eagles and Pats will probably play in the Super Bowl, in which case I'll have a hard time watching more than 10 minutes of it

Obviously, I didn't see the Iowa and Missouri game, but I found out that the Hawkeyes beat your Mizzou. What happened?

Baylor stank in every department when I watched them play against the Illini. Can't really block well at all. Illinois obviously did their homework.

Haven't been following much in the past few weeks because 49ers suck. I'm actually surprised at how well the Patriots have done this season. After they lost to the Giants in the Superbowl and Brady got injured I thought their dynasty was finished. With Welker getting injured at the end of last year and Moss declining they looked a shadow of the team they used to be but they've done well this season. I wouldn't put it past them to win another Superbowl. How many teams have won 4? I know Steelers have 6 and Cowboys and 49ers each have 5, anyone else?

Confident we can beat Kansas and beat the Pats, we beat them last year and got them to overtime on their home turf this year and we have only improved since then.

Still annoyed that despite the 12-4 record we still go in 5th seed. :disappointment:

Note: All times are Eastern Standard Time

WILD CARD ROUND

Saturday, January 8th, 2010

NFC -- New Orleans Saints (#5) @ NFC West Champion (#4) -- 4:30pm, NBC

AFC -- New York Jets (#6) @ Indianapolis Colts (#3) -- 8:00pm, NBC

Sunday, January 9th, 2010

AFC -- Baltimore Ravens (#5) @ Kansas City Chiefs (#4) -- 1:00pm, CBS

NFC -- Green Bay Packers (#6) @ Philadelphia Eagles (#3) -- 4:30pm, FOX

DIVISIONAL ROUND

Saturday, January 15th, 2010

AFC -- Second-Lowest Seed @ Pittsburgh Steelers (#2) -- 4:30pm, CBS

NFC -- Lowest Seed @ Atlanta Falcons (#1) -- 8:00pm, FOX

Sunday, January 16th, 2010

NFC -- Second-Lowest Seed @ Chicago Bears (#2) -- 1:00pm, FOX

AFC -- Lowest Seed @ New England Patriots (#1) -- 4:30pm, CBS

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND

Sunday, January 23rd, 2010

NFC -- Lowest Seed @ Highest Seed -- 3:00pm, FOX

AFC -- Lowest Seed @ Highest Seed -- 6:30pm, CBS

SUPER BOWL

Sunday, February 6th, 2010

AFC @ NFC -- Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, TX; 6:30pm, FOX

Possible Seeding Scenarios (Updated)

Wild Card Weekend

Confident we can beat Kansas and beat the Pats, we beat them last year and got them to overtime on their home turf this year and we have only improved since then.

Still annoyed that despite the 12-4 record we still go in 5th seed. :disappointment:

If Jets beat the Colts then you'd play the Bears.

Heeeeeere's the NFL playoff schedule.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules?seasonType=POST

AFC

Saturday, January 8 8 pm ET NBC

New York Jets at Indianapolis

Sunday, January 9 1 pm ET CBS

Baltimore at Kansas City

**The winner of NYJ and Indianapolis will play at Pittsburgh on Saturday, January 15 at 4:30 pm ET CBS

**The winner of Baltimore and Kansas City will play at New England on Sunday, January 16 at 4:30 pm CBS

NFC

Sunday, January 9 4:30 pm FOX

Green Bay at Philadelphia

EDIT: Saturday, January 8 4:30 pm NBC

New Orleans at Seattle

**The winner of Green Bay and Philadelphia will play at Atlanta on Saturday, January 15 8 pm ET FOX

**The winner of New Orleans and Seattle will play at Chicago on Sunday, January 16 1 pm ET FOX

For those who want to look past the NFL 2011 playoffs, the NFL has already decided the 2011 NFL Draft draft order except for those who are in the playoffs. For TexasGers, Dallas will be #9 in the draft order.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d6b708/article/first-20-picks-of-2011-nfl-draft-determined?module=HP_spotlight3col

1. Panthers -- 2-14

2. Broncos -- 4-12

3. Bills -- 4-12

4. Bengals -- 4-12

5. Cardinals -- 5-11

6. Browns -- 5-11

7. 49ers -- 6-10

8. Titans -- 6-10

9. Cowboys -- 6-10

10. Redskins -- 6-10

11. Texans -- 6-10

12. Vikings -- 6-10