Away from home

Tumshie

is 4-3-3 a better option away from home  

47 members have voted

1. 1. 4-3-3??

• Yes
    • No

We don't have the players to play a 4-4-2.

People need to get over this backwards mindset that 4-3-3 is the a shite/defensive formation and realise that it is best formation in terms of getting the best out of our players.

Spot on (tu)

We don't have the players to play a 4-4-2.

People need to get over this backwards mindset that 4-3-3 is the a shite/defensive formation and realise that it is best formation in terms of getting the best out of our players.

There's good grounds to that mind set considering Walter Smith's past with the 4-5-1 formation.

If it's like pre-season then it's a different matter.

it's the best option for our team.this team has proved time and time again 4 4 2 is not for them.every time we have played 4 3 3 we've played good passing attractive football if we started the game today with 4 3 3 we would have won easily. the only negative with the 4 3 3 is weir is left exposed and his lack of pace becomes a big problem for the team i noticed this today and i also noticed this during the second half of the scotland game when the holding midfielder was sustituted for a more attacking player the team

Chelsea Liverpool Arsenal and you could say Barca in a way play 4-5-1 most times. Its not defences, only thing its set up to be is more seccure to keep clean sheets. We have the players to play it in Naismith, Novo, Lafferty etc to play the formation

I think its the formation we should play home and away tumsh!

When we 1st played it people moaned,me included, because you need pace out wide so that the players can get back and help defend but then have the pace to get up and support the strikers!

Right now we have Miller, Novo, Naisy, Fleck, Lafferty etc who can all play in that role so it makes sense to play it!

I said in another thread that i thought we played 4-3-3/4-5-1 against Hearts,Falkirk and Hamilton and we looked good. Maybe Hearts is the exception but we did have 10 men for ages!

4-3-3 with the proper use of players and we are laughing!