Better team when we go forward

minstral

I think we look a far better team when we go forward and not sitting back like we did in the first half. When the game started we sat to deep and let them attack with closing them down, but second half we gave them problems when we had a go and still were keeping it tight at the back. When we play at a faster tempo we look okay, and if we keep doing that we will be okay.

I think we look a far better team when we go forward and not sitting back like we did in the first half. When the game started we sat to deep and let them attack with closing them down, but second half we gave them problems when we had a go and still were keeping it tight at the back. When we play at a faster tempo we look okay, and if we keep doing that we will be okay.

thats what I was saying to you earlier Minstral. As soon as we took the game to Stuttgart we looked the far superior team :uk:

Stuttgart looked absolutely shell shocked at what he hit them with in the second half.

We need to play with that tempo and that aggression in all our home games IMO, and possibly even in Romania. Probably can't afford to in Spain as they have the players to severely hammer us.

(tu) Far better to occupy the opposition in their half than sit back and invite them to try to score.

WS plays it safe, which i understand.

the team dont feel confident sitting back tho, and they need a wee boost in general to get going and believing.

hopefuly next game in CL we believe in ourselves from the start.

I understand the theory behind tactics for away games, however you also need to play to your strengths as much as possible. Our strengths are certainly not defending especially being so thin at the back, so we must be a little more offensive in future.

I have said as much on countless occasions but Walter will always be over cautious.

We didn't get a chance to attack in the 1st half due to Stuttgart taking the game by the scruff of the neck, Our players where shell shocked and never got any time on the ball due to how good Stuttgart were pressing.

After they Scored they started to lift off a wee bit and gave us more room to come out, we took advantaged as they become more content with a 1-0 lead. Great thing for us they couldn't lift it again after taking there foot of the gas.

Sometimes it ain't possible to start attacking straight from the off especially away from home in the CL.

We didn't get a chance to attack in the 1st half due to Stuttgart taking the game by the scruff of the neck, Our players where shell shocked and never got any time on the ball due to how good Stuttgart were pressing.

After they Scored they started to lift off a wee bit and gave us more room to come out, we took advantaged as they become more content with a 1-0 lead. Great thing for us they couldn't lift it again after taking there foot of the gas.

Sometimes it ain't possible to start attacking straight from the off especially away from home in the CL.

We made the Germans look good by defending to deep, its a bad habit that we have got into and needs to be sorted.

We definitely are, there are players there burstin to prove it, Naismith then Big Bougherra proved it he said to himself fcuk this am having a go. Wattie loosen yer braces and go out with all guns firing ! :sherlock:

We made the Germans look good by defending to deep, its a bad habit that we have got into and needs to be sorted.

We got pushed back too deep because Stuttgart pressed us and forced us into mistakes, once they scored they eased off a bit and we got into the game more. Away from Home we can't go all out or we would get picked apart.

We got pushed back too deep because Stuttgart pressed us and forced us into mistakes, once they scored they eased off a bit and we got into the game more. Away from Home we can't go all out or we would get picked apart.

What i am on about is we let them get up to our penalty box with trying to close them down, i know we cant go all out but you cant let teams come on to you without closing them down. (tu)

What i am on about is we let them get up to our penalty box with trying to close them down, i know we cant go all out but you cant let teams come on to you without closing them down. (tu)

We ain't far off then (tu)

Sometimes you can't do nothing about it like last night, you just have to tighten up and sit back and try to limit there opportunities to long range shots from outside the box. It's one thing we are well drilled at and it frustrates both us a fans and the opposition teams, but it is effective for us :)