Steven Whittaker or Alan Hutton

mmrfc1873

I like them both, but in my honest opinion, Whittaker is better defensive wise but not so great in the attacking sence, Hutton is fantastic at attacking but tbh rather poor at the defensive stuff from what ive seen on a good few occasions with spurs, who would you rather have ?

I like them both, but in my honest opinion, Whittaker is better defensive wise but not so great in the attacking sence, Hutton is fantastic at attacking but tbh rather poor at the defensive stuff from what ive seen on a good few occasions with spurs, who would you rather have ?

Just don't see that at all - Whittaker is poor for me defensively. He is also not that quick so can't recover when he gets out of position, unlike Hutton. Whittaker is an excellent finisher, though

Your pulling the pish!

whittaker offers much more going forward,he can finish ,has a trick or two,the tims are actually starting to hate him and hes 2 footed...

why would you prefer hutton??????

he ran forward with pace,, then? ,hardly an end product,no tricks ,the tims laughed at him(when he ran out of grass),and no left foot...

ask yourself this then,,at this moment in time ,do we miss him??

and then dont ignore this ,,for a good season,hutton was a scapegoat,most moaning about he wasnt good enough,then he got a bit of confidence and started playing,all of a sudden he was god...

whittaker is starting to gain that confidence ,and will give more to us than hutton could....ie.goals,flexibility and a brain..

Whittaker -- I believe -- is a better Footballer than Hutton. Hutton going forward was and is generally out of control. Folks on here that are 'slagging 'Whittaker aren't giving him near enough credit.

2 great feet.... can dribble, pass and tackle too. And.. his best is still a ways off for him. Future is bright.

Imagine;

Hutton Bougherra Cuellar Papac

:drool::drool::drool:

Whittaker -- I believe -- is a better Footballer than Hutton. Hutton going forward was and is generally out of control. Folks on here that are 'slagging 'Whittaker aren't giving him near enough credit.

2 great feet.... can dribble, pass and tackle too. And.. his best is still a ways off for him. Future is bright.

exactly mate,,why folk seen hutton as some god is beyond me,he was a good player at best,but a one trick pony...show him outside and he would end up in braehead ffs...

You're right mate.. difficult. But let's look at it this way. Hutton was superb for us.. no doubt. Now we have Whittaker that is being compared -- or surpassing Hutton in some fans minds.

Well done Stevie!

The one main thing that made him a God (in my eyes anyway) was the fact he always had McGeady in his back pocket. Every single Old Firm game. :)

You're right mate.. difficult. But let's look at it this way. Hutton was superb for us.. no doubt. Now we have Whittaker that is being compared -- or surpassing Hutton in some fans minds.

Well done Stevie!

The one main thing that made him a God (in my eyes anyway) was the fact he always had McGeady in his back pocket. Every single Old Firm game. :)

Yer right there ! somethin whittaker hasnt done yet , Alan hutton by miles , his pace and defending is far better than whittaker and he could go by men better , 1 footed or not he always went by 3 or 4 men at a time but whittaker is more skillful and much better finisher and i think he could surpass hutton but not yet anyway.

Hutton is a far better defender. He also adds more with his driving forward runs on a consistent basis. Whittaker may score the odd spectaular goal, but Hutton adds more froman attacking sense.

Hutton deserved his price tag at the time, and is correctly judged on that. That's the difference. Whittaker wouldn't be worth anywhere near that, and that demonstrates the difference in the players' qualities.