Steven Whittaker or Alan Hutton

mmrfc1873

Alan Hutton, but he's no longer at Rangers, so it doesn't really matter.

Defensively, they are not the best, but Hutton just edges it for me. I also think he's better going forward, positionally better, his distribution is a lot more crisp, stronger and he has a better concentration level.

You'll not find any club coming in with a £6, 7, 8, 9m....bid for Steven Whittaker.

whittaker offers much more going forward,he can finish ,has a trick or two,the tims are actually starting to hate him and hes 2 footed...

why would you prefer hutton??????

he ran forward with pace,, then? ,hardly an end product,no tricks ,the tims laughed at him(when he ran out of grass),and no left foot...

ask yourself this then,,at this moment in time ,do we miss him??

The tims hated hutton, the only player who gave Mcgeady a torrid time.

whittaker offers much more going forward,he can finish ,has a trick or two,the tims are actually starting to hate him and hes 2 footed...

he ran forward with pace,, then? ,hardly an end product,no tricks ,the tims laughed at him(when he ran out of grass),and no left foot...

Mate have you seen whittaker defending - that is our answer - absolutely gash...hutton anyday...

Cant believe people are debating this!!

Mate have you seen whittaker defending - that is our answer - absolutely gash...hutton anyday...

Cant believe people are debating this!!

Me neither!

I like them both, but in my honest opinion, Whittaker is better defensive wise but not so great in the attacking sence, Hutton is fantastic at attacking but tbh rather poor at the defensive stuff from what ive seen on a good few occasions with spurs, who would you rather have ?

Like asking me to choose between Svensson and Cuellar.

I think I will go with Hutton...

Hutton - aboslutely no question.

Stevie Whittaker is a good enough player when on his game, and will score more goals than Hutton, but Hutton is by far the superior player overall, both defensively and going forward. McGeady never played for a single minute in Old Firm games til he left, Hutton had him well and truly in his back pocket, every time. And for half a season he was our most creative player as well, though that maybe says slightly more about the rest of the team at the time.

Can't actually believe this is a genuine question.

everytbody is saying HAD mcgeady in his pocket

past tense

thing is hutton is not the player he was he has not travelled well or grown since he left rangers

It's kind of hard to mark him out the game when he isn't playing against him...

• 2 weeks later...

It makes for a good arguement

Whittaker can't defend like Hutton

Hutton can't do what Whitty done in Lisbon

If i was to pick one then it would be Hutton although if Whittaker can improve his defending he'd be a quality player