Calling someone a t**g.

lebooboo

Being called an earl.  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Should a tim be offended by being called a t**g?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends on who's saying it

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's our equivalent of the H word, which I find offensive, so it would be hypocritical of me not to expect someone to find it offensve if I used it.

what just about to say that all those saying no, no doubt they are offended by the word h**.

A few wanna-be moderators in this thread. :D

It seems a relevant enough topic given the one on the H word, and is interesting to see the corresponding attitudes.

Dont think so mate , its more like sick of sellik talk and inane polls

A few wanna-be moderators in this thread. :D

It seems a relevant enough topic given the one on the H word, and is interesting to see the corresponding attitudes.

Dont think so mate , its more like sick of sellik talk and inane polls

Why even bother opening the thread when it's clear what it's about?

end of the day regardless of what is said it is just a fucking word, if it wasn't for people being brought up being told this word is bad and that words offensive then no-one would give a cats arse about being called anything. i hate people who are offended by these words. if they hadn't been told to be offended then it wouldn't matter. everything is just stupid people saying stupid things ending up in people being afraid to say anything in case it offends anyone. well shove all that shite up the popes arse i couldn't care less. if your daft enough to be offended then you fucking deserve to be!!!

Should timmy be offended when he is called an earl?

I think they should find it perfectly acceptable until they stop using h** and dob.

Any thoughts?

haha Timmy gets upset with the hokey cokey - so any excuse to moan is good enough for them - BUT someone correct me if I am wrong - I was told many years ago by one of my Grannies - that the word derives from an old Oirish soldier that was named a 'Ta*gen Warrior' so if true - they don't know their history PMSL <cr>

PS - can anyone shed some light on this and tell me if this is 100% true ?

PPS - not urgent, I really couldn't give two hoots, but as the subject came up I thought I would expand my knowledge. :pipe: