SPL

derekweir29

old firm games are still some of the best spectacles in the world regardless of poor football being played in them. there were everton fans sitting in the liverpool end in the merseyside derby etc and they think they have great rivalries.... fs they dont have a clue.

thats totally irrelevant i know ;)

I will sum up how I see the modern SPL.

In the main, the top 6 teams can all take points off each other, including off the OF. Rangers and Celtic fear playing these teams like Hibs, Utd and Aberdeen particularly away from home as said teams have taken points off us many, many times.

In that sense, these teams are not cannon fodder in the league, and the fact we went to Motherwell and Killie and came away with only 2 points, while self reflectively it was poor, these sides also had to produce to achieve a point. Ditto Utd at Parkhead.

However...the same teams are absolutely f*cking garbage in European competition. To an inept, embarrassing, shocking and disgraceful level. The only sense of hope on the continent is Rangers, with Celtic, Aberdeen, Motherwell etc completely disgracing Scottish football with their abysmal showings.

The SPL is technically decades behind even minor European leagues, but within itself the competition is more even than it was 10 years ago.