Here's hoping the Tims get pumped

Jonnyboyrfc

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can remember these games.

Timmy had a very high opinion of their team at the time. We made things easy for them, as this was the beginning of a horrendous few years for us. The best two footballing teams in Scotland at the time in my opinion were Dundee Utd and Aberdeen, under Jim McLean and Alex Ferguson. Both played attractive winning football, both won the title and Cups. Both performed consistently in Europe, beating some of the big names along the way. Enough said.

But timmy believed this was their year to win a trophy in Europe. Told us all too. Aye right :lol: They were an average team, with nothing special to boast of. Frank Mcgarvey was their main striker, a sniveling little rodent of a man, he was the man to shoot down Europe :mellow:

Over the three games they were put in their place. Rapid were the better team and the scorelines are misleading in the respect they dont show the difference in class. Rapid made the European Cup Winner's Cup Final that season, losing to Everton 3-1 in Rotterdam.

The Golden rule here is: take everything timmy tells you, add a pinch of salt and then add another.

Such bitter people even after 25 years :lol: they really should seek counselling for that.

I can remember these games.

Timmy had a very high opinion of their team at the time. We made things easy for them, as this was the beginning of a horrendous few years for us. The best two footballing teams in Scotland at the time in my opinion were Dundee Utd and Aberdeen, under Jim McLean and Alex Ferguson. Both played attractive winning football, both won the title and Cups. Both performed consistently in Europe, beating some of the big names along the way. Enough said.

But timmy believed this was their year to win a trophy in Europe. Told us all too. Aye right :lol: They were an average team, with nothing special to boast of. Frank Mcgarvey was their main striker, a sniveling little rodent of a man, he was the man to shoot down Europe :mellow:

Over the three games they were put in their place. Rapid were the better team and the scorelines are misleading in the respect they dont show the difference in class. Rapid made the European Cup Winner's Cup Final that season, losing to Everton 3-1 in Rotterdam.

The Golden rule here is: take everything timmy tells you, add a pinch of salt and then add another.

Such bitter people even after 25 years :lol: they really should seek counselling for that.

I remember that period too. I seem to remember that Paul McStay was hailed as the best midfielder in the World at the time by certain people and sections of the press where all he was was a very average player. He was touted to go to Liverpool or one of the Milans i seem to remember(?)

You are right about Aberdeen and Dundee Utd, both were very good football teams.

What the likes of Peter Grant and Frank McGarvey fail to grasp is

1. WHY WAS THERE A FUCKIN BOTTLE THROWN IN THE FIRST PLACE?

2.THEIR STRIKER GOT ATTACKED AT OLD TRAFFORD AS DID THEIR KEEPER AND MISSILES WERE THROWN ON.

3.THE JUNGLE WERE CHUCKING ALL SORTS THAT NIGHT .

4.FAIR DO'S I DON'T THINK THE GUY WAS HIT WI THE BOTTLE BUT IT SHOULDNAE HAVE BEEN THROWN IN THE FIRST PLACE AND THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN CHUCKED OUTA EUROPE FOR THAT ANYWAY.

Fuckin Sellik victim mentality,their fans fight,invade the park,throw bottles,coins and whatever comes to hand,attacks players and the ref and yet they are the ones hard done by...

I hope Rapid pump them like a £2 hooker the night.

What the likes of Peter Grant and Frank McGarvey fail to grasp is

1. WHY WAS THERE A FUCKIN BOTTLE THROWN IN THE FIRST PLACE?

2.THEIR STRIKER GOT ATTACKED AT OLD TRAFFORD AS DID THEIR KEEPER AND MISSILES WERE THROWN ON.

3.THE JUNGLE WERE CHUCKING ALL SORTS THAT NIGHT .

4.FAIR DO'S I DON'T THINK THE GUY WAS HIT WI THE BOTTLE BUT IT SHOULDNAE HAVE BEEN THROWN IN THE FIRST PLACE AND THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN CHUCKED OUTA EUROPE FOR THAT ANYWAY.

Fuckin Sellik victim mentality,their fans fight,invade the park,throw bottles,coins and whatever comes to hand,attacks players and the ref and yet they are the ones hard done by...

I hope Rapid pump them like a £2 hooker the night.

Spot on Gaff. Plenty of coins were thrown as well I know that.

That the problem when youre dealing with tims. They see what they want to see. They believe what they want to believe. Without doubt they are the lowest form of life infesting the planet. Truley a curse on Scotland and the United Kingdom as a whole. Scotland doesnt want them, but who does?

They have their own agenda and it doesnt invole fair play, thats for sure.

Basically this is an insight into the mind of the tim ... they are never wrong and any situation will be rewritten to suit this delusion. Perhaps it's those funny schools they attend that make them think they are always on the side of the angels (even when throwing bottles and coins :rolleyes:)