TOFFS Gallant Pioneer Top

4boysandabaw

Is the colour used for the star authentic?

I'm not sure, going by the star on the oars of the rowing club the members were part of (below)

sabc_regatta_138.jpg

And the fact we were called the light blues, and had light blue jerseys, i'd have thought the star was light blue..

But, i did read a source (i can't remember where now) that did say we had darker blue kits and stars.

Gallant Pioneers book brought into question the origin of the 'light blues' saying that it perhaps wasn't because of the light blue we wore, but rather our players physique..

I guess we'll never know unless Rangers, or a distant family member of the 1877 team, has the original shirt kicking around.

Gallant Pioneers also mentions that the Swindon Rangers, which McNeil based our Rangers on (we assume) wore white shirts, with blue stars on the chest, more than a coincidence i'd say!

Drink more beer and it'll fit like a glove (tu)

Eat pies too.

:lol: , No, I am a member of the Temperance Loyal, and a member of the Light salad, no dressing RSC. The TOFFS shirts shrink a little in the wash, so there is still hope.

My large is quite big on me, but i quite like it :pipe:

Can't believe a small is too big for you, you must be thin as a stick :lol:

Eat pies too.

:lol: , No, I am a member of the Temperance Loyal, and a member of the Light salad, no dressing RSC. The TOFFS shirts shrink a little in the wash, so there is still hope.

Ahem, Slim if you dont mind. :P

Eat pies too.

"Wiry" is mair like it, no? Sounds more like you mean business. ;)

Eat pies too.

"Wiry" is mair like it, no? Sounds more like you mean business. ;)

Aye, this big guy kicked sand in my face once, hes dead now.

Just received mine through the post, I ordered a small, unfortunately its the size of a small elephant so cant wear it out but I would if it fitted properly, well don McBoyd for getting the ball rolling.

Just gave it a wash and dry, it has shrunk a little. With the sleeve cuffs turned up once and tucked in at the waist it fits just fine. It shall be worn to the match tomorrow, might try to get 4Boysandabaw on the back before the match tomorrow, if I can find a place open on Sunday morning.

Well Pleased with it. Well done Toffs.

Just received mine through the post, I ordered a small, unfortunately its the size of a small elephant so cant wear it out but I would if it fitted properly, well don McBoyd for getting the ball rolling.

Just gave it a wash and dry, it has shrunk a little. With the sleeve cuffs turned up once and tucked in at the waist it fits just fine. It shall be worn to the match tomorrow, might try to get 4Boysandabaw on the back before the match tomorrow, if I can find a place open on Sunday morning.

Well Pleased with it. Well done Toffs.

Nice one mate, that's at least 3 or 4 i know who will wear it tomorrow! It'll be good to see them about and around glasgow (tu)

Aye my came today too, wasn't sure on the size so i ordered large to be safe, does look pretty big as well! Haven't tried it yet.

STP85413.jpg

You've taken a picture of it, posted about it but never tried it? I'll shortly be posting a picture of a pair of shoes I bought 10 years ago, but couldn't bring myself to wear. :craphead:

I have a few Toffs Rangers tops and after a few washings as per the instructions on the label, the royal blue almost turns to a purple ......................Follow............Follow........Colin

Aye my came today too, wasn't sure on the size so i ordered large to be safe, does look pretty big as well! Haven't tried it yet.

STP85413.jpg

You've taken a picture of it, posted about it but never tried it? I'll shortly be posting a picture of a pair of shoes I bought 10 years ago, but couldn't bring myself to wear. :craphead:

Well of course i've tried it now. I took the picture and posted it right as i got it, THEN tried it on. :pipe:

I have a few Toffs Rangers tops and after a few washings as per the instructions on the label, the royal blue almost turns to a purple ......................Follow............Follow........Colin

Sounds like the Admiral tops and tracksiuts of a few years back.

STP85413.jpg

Well of course i've tried it now. I took the picture and posted it right as i got it, THEN tried it on. :pipe:

I've still not tried those shoes.

I'm not sure, going by the star on the oars of the rowing club the members were part of (below)

And the fact we were called the light blues, and had light blue jerseys, i'd have thought the star was light blue..

But, i did read a source (i can't remember where now) that did say we had darker blue kits and stars.

Gallant Pioneers book brought into question the origin of the 'light blues' saying that it perhaps wasn't because of the light blue we wore, but rather our players physique..

I guess we'll never know unless Rangers, or a distant family member of the 1877 team, has the original shirt kicking around.

Gallant Pioneers also mentions that the Swindon Rangers, which McNeil based our Rangers on (we assume) wore white shirts, with blue stars on the chest, more than a coincidence i'd say!

Well the rowing club is good evidence. It's just the star on the old black and white photo doesn't look so much of a contrast, that's why I asked.

Well the rowing club is good evidence. It's just the star on the old black and white photo doesn't look so much of a contrast, that's why I asked.

I thought that myself. The difference in shading would make me think that the star on the original shirt was lighter than the TOFFS version.