Celtic's 42 league titles...

GOAT

Hmm, so for them to add WW1 titles and us NOT to add WW2 titles is a bit of a mockery.

We should either add them to ours, or take them away from Celtics haul.

I'd love to watch a timmy attempting a slimey slippery justification of how one WW was so different from another WW.

Why not ask Pat Nevin. He's the cleverest footballer ever isnt he?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see their reaction if the SFA either de-ruled some of theirs, or ruled some of ours from WW2 legible :lol:

I'd love to see their reaction to a few grenades thrown in amongst them. :ph34r:

I wonder what the crowd was for this unofficial 8-1 drubbing we gave them, and why did they even bother turning up if it was "unofficial".

crowd was 30,000 gillick 3 waddell 2 young 2 duncanson just off the top of my head

Hmm, so for them to add WW1 titles and us NOT to add WW2 titles is a bit of a mockery.

We also include a WW1 title though. WW1 and WW2 are treated differently for official history purposes, wrong in my opinion. Both should either be included or excluded no matter if we were a "neutral country" as someone previously mentioned.

I wonder what the crowd was for this unofficial 8-1 drubbing we gave them, and why did they even bother turning up if it was "unofficial".

crowd was 30,000 gillick 3 waddell 2 young 2 duncanson just off the top of my head

I bet you were going crazy when no 8 went in !

Would love to see it again!

:lol:

missed the 8th goal cos you stood up thought i had the best seat in the main stand. ive not forgotten kai

very much so mate,something that really annoys me,being something of a rangers historian.cfc won 4 in a row 13/14-16/17 gers ending the run 17/18.i have always assumed these titles were regarded official because scotland was a neutral country during ww1.what i have never understood however is that rangers lost players in the fighting(number i dont know)and hearts as far as i am aware lost practically an entire team.as for celtic an irish republican football club founded only 26 years before the start of the great war,and with their country in turmoil(easter rising/home rule)their players contribution to the war is something i would love to find out about.the `1st niar`rangers acheived 1938/39-1946/47 and the 8-1 game is and sadly always will be regarded as `unofficial`.to the tarriers who say we did it first re niar i still reply `do you know the history`.

Celtic, to their credit should be proud of their players during WW1 as many fought and died for their country, you would think most of the beggers would be proud of their players efforts during the war, I know I am. Although I've never once heard a Celtic fan saying something like that.

missed the 8th goal cos you stood up thought i had the best seat in the main stand. ive not forgotten kai

Think your mistaking me for Minstral!

The league continued during WWI, while during WWII there was no Scottish league. There were regional competitions but they don't count towards any official records.

I'm pretty sure that the league went on as normal during WW1. They thought it would be a short affair, 'home by xmas'.

But during WW2 the league was suspended; what we won during that one were 'Southern' League Championships; there was no national league.

This is from memory, so a historian/ statto like yourself can check it up for proper :P

I think that would be the explanation of this apparent anomoly.

very much so mate,something that really annoys me,being something of a rangers historian.cfc won 4 in a row 13/14-16/17 gers ending the run 17/18.i have always assumed these titles were regarded official because scotland was a neutral country during ww1.what i have never understood however is that rangers lost players in the fighting(number i dont know)and hearts as far as i am aware lost practically an entire team.as for celtic an irish republican football club founded only 26 years before the start of the great war,and with their country in turmoil(easter rising/home rule)their players contribution to the war is something i would love to find out about.the `1st niar`rangers acheived 1938/39-1946/47 and the 8-1 game is and sadly always will be regarded as `unofficial`.to the tarriers who say we did it first re niar i still reply `do you know the history`.

next game at parkhead we need a banner,stating rangers 8-1 celtc (and then the date) and nine in a row 1938/39-1946/47.

that is sure to wind them all up :lol:

Scotland wasn't neutral we are part of Britain. The reason they are counted is because there was no threat to the safety of civillians over here because the German's airforce was basically nothing. That changed during WW2. Do agree though that we need a 8-1 banner with the scorers and the 9IAR banner

Of course you have to remember this is a club that proclaimed themselves UEFA Cup 'Vice-Champions' in 2003

But during WW2 the league was suspended; what we won during that one were 'Southern' League Championships; there was no national league.

To be fair Manti, there wasn't a "national" league in Scotland until the teams from the Highlands were admitted. It was ALWAYS a Southern league until 1994, so that being the case, the wartime titles should count.

Theres still not a national league anyway, otherwise we'd have teams from Caithness & Sutherland, and Lewis/Harris, Orkney & Shetland.

What away trips THEY would be!

To be fair Manti, there wasn't a "national" league in Scotland until the teams from the Highlands were admitted. It was ALWAYS a Southern league until 1994, so that being the case, the wartime titles should count.

Theres still not a national league anyway, otherwise we'd have teams from Caithness & Sutherland, and Lewis/Harris, Orkney & Shetland.

What away trips THEY would be!

A sash bash in the Isle of Lewis ferry-bar.

I'm pretty sure that the league went on as normal during WW1. They thought it would be a short affair, 'home by xmas'.

This is from memory, so a historian/ statto like yourself can check it up for proper :P

I think that would be the explanation of this apparent anomoly.

That is my understanding of events as well Manti.

It was all carry on as normal during WW1 as there was no real belief it would go on for 4 years, but when WW2 started, there seemed to be a belief of here we go again, and suspended all official football leagues until it was over, obviously realising that they made a mistake in WW1, but they are hardly going to go back and discredit what happened during a war effort now are they.

It is just unlucky for our history records that we did not do so well during WW1 as we did during the revamped leagues during WW2.

The only thing we are right to point out is Timmy choice that all Timmy goalscorers are counted during WW2 in their official records, but none of the goals they conceded are officially recognised, hence the fact they claim to have the highest OF vistory in the 7-1 game, when in fact we all know we gubbed them 8-1 in 1943.

The only thing we are right to point out is Timmy choice that all Timmy goalscorers are counted during WW2 in their official records, but none of the goals they conceded are officially recognised, hence the fact they claim to have the highest OF vistory in the 7-1 game, when in fact we all know we gubbed them 8-1 in 1943.

Aye I'd heard about the counting of goals.

It's a classic example of timmery.

They are not even normal liars......

s fr s I cn gther from this therd, both Rngers nd Celtic count the titles they won in World Wr One, but neither count their titles for World Wr Two, just like every other Club in Britin. Wht's the problem then?

my point exactley...take this post off we r looking stupid here...!

next game at parkhead we need a banner,stating rangers 8-1 celtc (and then the date) and nine in a row 1938/39-1946/47.

that is sure to wind them all up :lol:

Scotland wasn't neutral we are part of Britain. The reason they are counted is because there was no threat to the safety of civillians over here because the German's airforce was basically nothing. That changed during WW2. Do agree though that we need a 8-1 banner with the scorers and the 9IAR banner

Of course you have to remember this is a club that proclaimed themselves UEFA Cup 'Vice-Champions' in 2003

the english league was suspended from 1916-1919 the scottish wasnt that is one of the reasons i believed scotland sided with a neutral stance on the great war.