Pedro Mendes

JimmyCR1

"Mendes was given another surprise call up in October 2009, and started in the FIFA World Cup qualifier against Hungary, he played the full match and set up the second goal in Portugal 3-0 win."

Looks like we could be seeing him at the world cup next year if Portugal are able to qualify.

Player rating from Goal.com

Pedro Mendes - 8: Fantastic match from the Rangers midfielder, who replaced suspended Pepe. Was 100 per cent focused on his job during the entire 90 minutes, even when his side were a bit sloppy.

I missed the game but according to that he played really well so hopefully he can do that for us every weekend (tu)

"Mendes was given another surprise call up in October 2009, and started in the FIFA World Cup qualifier against Hungary, he played the full match and set up the second goal in Portugal 3-0 win."

Looks like we could be seeing him at the world cup next year if Portugal are able to qualify.

Always makes me proud to see a GERS player playing for his country. Extremely happy for Pedro... class guy..

He has drifted in and out in the SPL. I don't really blame him. Tough place for creative players to play. Ross Tokely is the face of the SPL imho.

But I expect so much more from him in Europe. Hasn't delivered yet. He will.

And... Well done Pedro! Portugal are clearly a cut above our game.

We play 10 times better in the 4-3-3, Walter seen this in pre-season and f*ck knows why he's changed back to the 4-4-2, I thought this was something that was discussed at the European elite managers meeting Walter attended? There must be a reason behind this madness but what this reason is no1 except Walter will know. I should like to see Ally taking more responsibility as I think he will show more confidence in certain players Boyd, novo, Shinnie to name but a few. Also I don’t think he would be quite as pessimistic about our approach to challenging games.