Overrated Footballers

Guest SandyWATP

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

richard dunne, mccgeady, darren fletcher, nani, totti, gilardino, abidal, pique, carragher

Gilardino scored a 12 minute hat-trick tonight :)

against cyprus...wow

You can only beat what's infront of you.

And a 12 minute hat-trick at international level is something to be proud of, regardless of the opposition.

If it wasn't why doesn't everyone score a hat-trick into Cyprus?

And anyway, who really rates Gilardino that highly? :lol:

im guessing ancelotti since he signed him

And sold him, so clearly not too highly :lol:

Luca Toni. Don't rate him as highly as everyone else on Earth seems to!

He's getting a bit old now but he was superb in his first season at Bayern and at Fiorentina. 47 goals in 67 appearances for Fiorentina and 38 goals in 56 appearances for Bayern. Not too shabby.

Boyd's record is brilliant too, but theres still endless pages of arguments about him

Boyd's record is in the SPL which is a slightly inferior league to Serie A and Bundesliga. Toni has also done it in Europe and for Italy.

richard dunne, mccgeady, darren fletcher, nani, totti, gilardino, abidal, pique, carragher

against cyprus...wow

And a 12 minute hat-trick at international level is something to be proud of, regardless of the opposition.

and prandelli still paid 15 mill for him 10 mill less lol

against cyprus...wow

and prandelli still paid 15 mill for him 10 mill less lol

Luca Toni. Don't rate him as highly as everyone else on Earth seems to!

He's getting a bit old now but he was superb in his first season at Bayern and at Fiorentina. 47 goals in 67 appearances for Fiorentina and 38 goals in 56 appearances for Bayern. Not too shabby.

Boyd's record is brilliant too, but theres still endless pages of arguments about him

Boyd's record is in the SPL which is a slightly inferior league to Serie A and Bundesliga. Toni has also done it in Europe and for Italy.

I should clarifiy, I'm not saying for a second that Boyd is in the same league as Toni!

I know (tu)

I see your point that goals aren't everything but I think that Toni is a good all round player and that has allowed him to flourish in two top leagues.

Michael Ballack

Nemanja Vidic

Carlos Tevez

Eric Abidal

Klass-Jan Huntelaar

Robinho

Could go on and on....

Cristiano Ronaldo and Zlatan Ibrahimovic would have been on that list 6 months ago, but, recent form has shut me up!

Jamie Carragher went from under-rated, pre-Istanbul, to over-rated following Liverpool's european success.

If the striker he's directly up against is big, quick or strong (Drogba being the perfect example), he'll struggle to cope.

I've said it before on here, him and, to a lesser extent, Vidic look much better than they actually are because a lot of their challenges are last-ditch. 'TV tackles', if you wish. Though, players like Ferdinand (Yes, I saw his fuck-up) are such good readers of the game that they're very, very rarely in the position to require a late lunge.

Vidic was praised to the heavens last season, but that performance against Liverpool at Old Trafford was humiliating. So much so that it's really put me off him, he looked so restricted against players like Gerrard and Torres who stretched him and really made him work.

I think people that say players like ronaldo, kaka and messi are over rated tend to have heard more than they have seen!! I must admit that I am the same with Pato, been disappointed so far with what Ive seen of him!!

That was me.

The reason behind it, was because he had an unbelievable season two years, nobody can take that away from him, but after that he became so overrated it was hard to believe. Last season he lost ball countless times in matches, showed no desire in trying for the team and became a passenger for the most part of last season. Yes, he still scored 20+ goals, but how many came against the so called top four? How many assists did he get for a right winger? How many crosses did he actually make the whole of last season?

IMO for a right winger he didn't supply enough and went missing against the better teams. Except Arsenal away in the Champions League semi-final, the best performance I've seen from him.

I will admit though, he has been incredible again this season and it's a joy to watch, because of the fact he is happy again.

Guest SandyWaTp
Nemanja Vidic

really?

Yes, throw a top class striker like Eto'o and Torres against him and he isn't half the defender people think he is.

Take last year's CL final for example

Nemanja Vidic

really?

Yes, throw a top class striker like Eto'o and Torres against him and he isn't half the defender people think he is.

Take last year's CL final for example

And United's 4-1 home defeat to Liverpool.