Rangers founder William McBeath

RFE

If admin have no objections? It would be of interest to many on here..

http://www.vanguardbears.co.uk/index.php?o...17&Itemid=1

Vanguard Bears Proud Announcement - William McBeath

It is with great pride and much humility, that Vanguardbears are pleased to announce that we have purchased, on behalf of Rangers fans throughout the world, a 50 year Lease on the burial plot of William McBeath.

William, you will know, was one of the young founders of our Club, one of the "Gallant Pioneers".

The recent book on the founders of the club highlighted that William sadly died aged 55 and was buried in an unmarked grave in Lincoln. There were no surviving family members and the site had fallen into disrepair.

Regretfully, the Club has chosen not to do the right thing by this great man.

Without him, and his three friends, there would have been no Rangers Football Club.

Following discussions with Lincolnshire Council, a 50 year lease has been purchased for the upkeep and maintenance of the final burial place by Vanguard Bears and we will, in the very near future, mark it by erecting a suitable headstone, with an appropriate message worthy of the man.

Vanguard Bears behind the scenes team gives special thanks to three of its members "Arisesir", "davesmith", and "Thomas Lord Cochrane" for their initiative in paying the ultimate tribute to William McBeath; for their tireless hard work down in Lincoln, and their financial assistance which along with others helped get this project off the ground, and would like to say "William, you were never forgotten by some. Now, you will be remembered by many."

Donations will be gratefully received for the completing of the stone.

To donate to this worthy cause, a Paypal link will be set up to pay for a headstone and a stonemason, to create a resting place and headstone fitting for the man.

Once costs have been estimated for the work, the Paypal will be made live, the estimate (s) chosen and a target figure to meet the costs published.

When the target cost has been met, the paypal link will be frozen.

If you had it Brethren would you give it?

Vanguardbears.co.uk

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If admin have no objections? It would be of interest to many on here..

http://www.vanguardbears.co.uk/index.php?o...17&Itemid=1

Vanguard Bears Proud Announcement - William McBeath

It is with great pride and much humility, that Vanguardbears are pleased to announce that we have purchased, on behalf of Rangers fans throughout the world, a 50 year Lease on the burial plot of William McBeath.

William, you will know, was one of the young founders of our Club, one of the "Gallant Pioneers".

The recent book on the founders of the club highlighted that William sadly died aged 55 and was buried in an unmarked grave in Lincoln. There were no surviving family members and the site had fallen into disrepair.

Regretfully, the Club has chosen not to do the right thing by this great man.

Without him, and his three friends, there would have been no Rangers Football Club.

Following discussions with Lincolnshire Council, a 50 year lease has been purchased for the upkeep and maintenance of the final burial place by Vanguard Bears and we will, in the very near future, mark it by erecting a suitable headstone, with an appropriate message worthy of the man.

Vanguard Bears behind the scenes team gives special thanks to three of its members "Arisesir", "davesmith", and "Thomas Lord Cochrane" for their initiative in paying the ultimate tribute to William McBeath; for their tireless hard work down in Lincoln, and their financial assistance which along with others helped get this project off the ground, and would like to say "William, you were never forgotten by some. Now, you will be remembered by many."

Donations will be gratefully received for the completing of the stone.

To donate to this worthy cause, a Paypal link will be set up to pay for a headstone and a stonemason, to create a resting place and headstone fitting for the man.

Once costs have been estimated for the work, the Paypal will be made live, the estimate (s) chosen and a target figure to meet the costs published.

When the target cost has been met, the paypal link will be frozen.

If you had it Brethren would you give it?

Vanguardbears.co.uk

In a week of heartaches,embarrassments and anger,thank god there are still Rangers Supporters out there who care about our club,unlike those currently in charge.

Yippee, I am absolutely delighted about this, I have already been to Lincoln and left my own wee plaque. And will be going back to see the Official fans . Stone , will be making a donation towards it. Well Done Vanguard Bears. A wrong has been righted.

Was it you who put up the nice wee plaque beside the grave? If so, well done to you Sir!

Yes, with hindsight I would have done something with a bit more quality, never mind I am sure whatever is put there by VGB will be something to be proud of. Will there be a delegation heading down there for a ceremony of some sort, I would like to be there if there is.

Yes, get the paypal link sorted and we will start to give to this

great cause.

Front page Paypal link works perfectly mate. Very proud man tonight, very proud of the Rangers supporters and I just wish our club had the love of Rangers that all of our fans do. Rangers Media have been a great help to all at VB over the past year and we salute each and everyone of you guys on the best Rangers website out there.

Where the link.

Yippee, I am absolutely delighted about this, I have already been to Lincoln and left my own wee plaque. And will be going back to see the Official fans . Stone , will be making a donation towards it. Well Done Vanguard Bears. A wrong has been righted.

I seen pictures of the plaque mate, well done and it helped highlight this wrong as you say.

Yes, get the paypal link sorted and we will start to give to this

great cause.

Front page Paypal link works perfectly mate. Very proud man tonight, very proud of the Rangers supporters and I just wish our club had the love of Rangers that all of our fans do. Rangers Media have been a great help to all at VB over the past year and we salute each and everyone of you guys on the best Rangers website out there.

Where the link.

http://vanguardbears.co.uk/

Left side of the page..

Was it you who put up the nice wee plaque beside the grave? If so, well done to you Sir!

Yes, with hindsight I would have done something with a bit more quality, never mind I am sure whatever is put there by VGB will be something to be proud of. Will there be a delegation heading down there for a ceremony of some sort, I would like to be there if there is.

Early days yet, but I'm sure there will be. Contact the admin on the website by email and explain who you are and it was you who put the plaque there. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to give you any future details.

Will do, thanks mate. Im really happy that the fans have done this, takes away some of the misery of Tuesday.

Rangers Forever, WATP.

All donors will be thanked by email. However can we just ask for a little patience in doing so. To be honest, we are totally gobsmacked at the response from Bears so far. Be assured, William will have the best gravestone any Rangers founding father should ever have. Sad that we the fans have to do this, but that's RFC for you these days.

Our fans are what makes our club the biggest sporting institution this country has ever seen.

i never posted on vb for a while and found my account not working so would i still be able to donate or will i have to re register

cheers in advance