Walter mentions the younger players/in regards to Dundee

Boab

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope no-one jumps on the young guy if he has a poor game

Ive got a thistle supporting mate who tells me the Dundee striker Leigh Griffiths is a very good player, really quick and direct. We'll get a good idea of how good Wilson is from this game i think.

Hopefully Rangers Live somehow show the game but that's probably not going to happen. :(

I know, it's doubtful :anguish:

Good to see Wilson getting a start though, everything I've read on here about him indicates he could be a good player for us in the future.

Tricky tie to hand a 17 years old a debut. Very tricky.

Jesus, Bkay, you moan when he doesnt play youngsters and now you moan when it looks like he will. Tell me what other CB options there are just now? Tomorrow is as good a time as any to play youngsters.

I really don't think the support are as vindictive as some seem to believe, especially with the younger players. I have no doubt Wilson will get a good reception, even more so considering it's an away game.

Oh aye, the backing he'll get from the travelling Bears will be awesome.

Jesus, Bkay, you moan when he doesnt play youngsters and now you moan when it looks like he will. Tell me what other CB options there are just now? Tomorrow is as good a time as any to play youngsters.

Was going to say the same.

4thFishing.jpg:sherlock:

I think I know what Bkay is getting at.

Hamilton Accies at Ibrox in the middle of a busy schedule is probably an easier game than going away to a confident and flying Dundee side, that's where Weir shoulda been rested and Wilson blooded.

But hey, I don't care. I'll take any game for the lad.

I'm willing to drive up to Dundee and back just to see his debut, very interested as to how it'll go.

4thFishing.jpg:sherlock:

Your bait is even worse than mine...............

Bkay :pipe:

Fishing my arse BKay. You're just a moany bastard who would rather have a go at every decision Smith makes than be happy that Wilson is getting a start.

There is no doubt its a tricky place. God every game is tricky. But great he is getting a game.

Wish I could make it. I'll be in college

Fishing my arse BKay. You're just a moany bastard who would rather have a go at every decision Smith makes than be happy that Wilson is getting a start.

Fuck off Kev

See! Moany bastard.

Yeah :pierre:

I have been hoping for the last 4-5 weeks to see Wilson play. The lad is going to be buzzing. Need a great performance from Sasa to help along the way :21:

Walter Smith has called up Danny Wilson to earn his debut match against Dundee he then was reported as saying he cannot wait.

The Rangers youth skipper Danny Wilson who is only 17, stated that he reckons the guidance from Ibrox veteran Davie Weir has been as valuable to his career as studying footage of Italian superstar Paolo Maldini.

Let's hope the you ngster does the job, he doesn't lack in confidence and I hope he plays well ! :praise::21::uk:

post-50526-1256575008_thumb.jpg

Good luck to Danny and whatever other young lads play tomorrow night. You will certainly have my support from first to last, forget the wankers who give you abuse and jump on every mistake.

If they stay calm and play their own game then i don't see them having any problems. With the likes of Weir and Davis alongside them they have good role-models.

And well done to the manager for finally making the right decision. (tu)

Doesn't matter what competition it's in, or which ground it's at. End of the day, he's shown that he's good enough to play for the Rangers 1st team, and is being rewarded. Hopefully he can make the step up, and show the management, players and supporters that he's good enough :)

Facing an on form Leigh Griffiths will be a good test for him, and I'm sure he'll be itching to get out there and do the buisness, but he's faced better. He didn't do too bad against Victor Moses and Nathan Delfouneso at Bramall Lane back in June or July.