Alan McGregor

BlueIsTheColour

In the days following the OF game i have noticed a remarkable rise in the amount of people who feel that Alan McGregor should be dropped for Stefan Klos after his blunder at the weekend.

I, for one, cannot understand this. Why should we drop a lad who has saved us on so many occasions this season for a guy who hasn't played for us in almost a year? No disrespect to Stefan, he has been great for us over the years but he is nearing retirement and McGregor is the firstchoice keeper and rightly so. Fans who are against this must forget his saves in Auxerre, Molde and against various SPL clubs this season. Even the save from MacGeady on Sunday to keep us in the game.

Am i wrong to say that McGregor should be playing in goals and that he is allowed one mistake seeing as he has made so many vital saves over the past half-season?

There is not a chance that McGregor should be dropped for anyone. McGregor has been outstanding this season. His saves against Dundee. Utd, Killie, Auxerre, Celtic(twice), St. Johnstone, Hibs, Hearts etc either saved us from further embarrasment, kept us in the match or helped us win.

He is the best keeper at the club.

There is not a chance that McGregor should be dropped for anyone. McGregor has been outstanding this season. His saves against Dundee. Utd, Killie, Auxerre, Celtic(twice), St. Johnstone, Hibs, Hearts etc either saved us from further embarrasment, kept us in the match or helped us win.

He has a long way to go to being the best keeper at the club in my opinion but he will only learn from experience so therefore he should not be dropped and remember last season Klos got dropped for one mistake and we have never saw him again since. Klos fully match fit no other keeper at the club can lace his boots quite yet this man has done what MacGregor has done this season for seasons

He has a long way to go to being the best keeper at the club in my opinion but he will only learn from experience so therefore he should not be dropped and remember last season Klos got dropped for one mistake and we have never saw him again since. Klos fully match fit no other keeper at the club can lace his boots quite yet this man has done what MacGregor has done this season for seasons

He has miles to go before he is anywhere near as good as Klos was. But at the moment he is the best keeper at the club.

Klos is finished at Ibrox and has been for sometime now. I just hope Der Goalie gets one final chance to say good-bye to the fans! I'd be very unhappy if he was not given the chance too!

He has miles to go before he is anywhere near as good as Klos was. But at the moment he is the best keeper at the club.

Klos is finished at Ibrox and has been for sometime now. I just hope Der Goalie gets one final chance to say good-bye to the fans! I'd be very unhappy if he was not given the chance too!

Goalkeeper is one of the very few positions with age you get better and can go on for longer i believe Klos still has what he was before in him and if he got a run of games he would reproduce this form.

Funnily enough Klos's mistake was v celtic too lets hope PLG isn't as hasty as Eck

Goalkeeper is one of the very few positions with age you get better and can go on for longer i believe Klos still has what he was before in him and if he got a run of games he would reproduce this form.

Funnily enough Klos's mistake was v celtic too lets hope PLG isn't as hasty as Eck

I agree. McGregor is only going to get better too.

I just think that at 35 and not played since the Celtic game Klos is finished here. He would need a good run of games, but that would be unfair on McGregor.

McGregor has been performing well and only made a few mistakes. Why replace him?

no way he should be dropped he has made hardly any mistakes this season when he has been selected. if goalies make a mistake then the outcome is usually a goal so we are lucky to have one who doesnt make many unlike malkowski early in the season or even the great rab douglas :lol: think how many mistakes most outfield players make in a game, as pass to no-one, mistimed tackle, etc

A goalie's mistake is always a disaster. Just the name of the game. But ffs, Alan can't score as well. How about the sitters we missed against ra sellick?

No one is perfect. If Alan is dropped, PLG must be mental.

Is McGregor really not as good as Klos?

His shot stopping is excellent and his distribution is a MILE better than Klos' ever was.

McGregor will have to perform consistantly for 5-6 years to be as good as Klos. Don't see why he can't be as good if not better tho (tu)

If klos is finished at the club,like I also believe he is,then why has been sitting for

a year and a half,earning 27.000 a week?why not a buy out last year?it's a strange one,if they had no intention of playing him why the F#ck is he still there?

the mind boggles. doh

There is no way McGregor will be dropped.

1. Best keeper at club.

2. Keep talking about consistancy - defeats object.

3. Klos needs games - not even playing for reserves ?

4. Klos - wage bill. Time to go.

5. Letizi - Just not got it.

6. New contract - means Le Guen sees him as No 1.

I was a big fan of Klos and appreciate his time here but the time is right for him to leave. Letizi was a knee jerk reaction by the manager because of Klos's injury and Waterheus's wage demand.Young Robinson is coming along nicely and will be a great no2.

RECENT KEEPERS FOR RANGERS HAVE BEEN...WOODS, GORAM, KLOS, ALL OF WHOM WERE WORLD CLASS.

ALAN MCGREGGOR IS A FINE KEEPER , BUT NOT IN THE SAME CLASS AS THE ABOVE.

NOW LOOK ACROSS THE CITY AT BORAC...NOW HES TOP CLASS AND THIS IS THE STANDARD OF KEEPER NEEDED AT THE TOP LEVEL.

ONE MISTAKE DOES NOT END YOUR CAREER OR SEND YOU TO THE BENCH, AS LONG AS HE LEARNS FROM IT AND DOES NOT HAPPEN AGAIN.

HE IS STILL THE NO1 AND SHOULD BE FOR NOW.

AS FOR KLOS ......LOVED THE MAN , THOUGHT HE WAS FANTASTIC.....BUT THAT WAS 4/5 YEARS AGO.............LETS ALL MOVE ON <clack>