Smith's Contract ends in two months!

There's no way he'll get a 2/3 year contract extension. At best they might offer a 6 month rolling contract and evaluate at the end of the season which from a financial side makes sense to me. We're not in the business of paying the management trio off if they fail to win the league.

Imagine that, the greatest football club in the world and we can't even afford to pay the wages of a relatively affordable management team. I bet clubs like Chelsea will be hiring 'defensive coordinators' (ala. NFL) and paying them more than our first team manager in a few years time. It's a sad state of affairs we're in, truly worrying times to be a Bluenose. We may as well face the inevitable now and hire a fan who's fairly good at Football Manager and who'll happily work for free!

Lee Mcculloch will take over as manager till the end of the season.

McCulloch assumes the Souness player/manager role :pipe:

Does anyone else think it strange that Murray gave the manager a contract that runs out mid season?

Certainly doesn't suprise me!

It is seriously not a bit issue.

Smith will stay on a rolling contract until the contract/employment freeze is lifted. This will happen after the next transfer window or the summer. Depends who we sell.

The Bank are not stupid. They want their money back and they are not going to strip the assets for nobody to want to buy the club. THey also have fans to deal with as customers and PR issues. They will run the club in a low key manner.

THIS is the time we have Dick Advocaat to thank!!! Because the future of our club lies in his vision of the youth academy! Without it we would be in real trouble!