PS3 out this month.

trueblue1872

Anyone getting one? It looks the biz.

Would love to but i'm a bit skint at the mo <cry>. I know someone whos getting one so i'm just going to spend all my time at his house. :Animation44:

noticed in the news that it might not be able to play some old ps2 and one games. Although this is not a problem on the japanese and american for some reason the european one has been made different. why is it we always get pissed on with the likes of prices release dates etc...

• 2 weeks later...
They're going to have you download patches to allow you to play PS2 games I'm sure.

From what I heard you can automatically play PS1 and PS2 games.

but sony are releasing inferior machines in europe meaning only a couple of PS2 games will play

They're going to have you download patches to allow you to play PS2 games I'm sure.

From what I heard you can automatically play PS1 and PS2 games.

but sony are releasing inferior machines in europe meaning only a couple of PS2 games will play

Cheers (tu)

Typical, as long as I can play FF12 I'll be happy seeing that I don't have any other PS games. :D

TBH i don't give a shit if it doesn't play PS2 games. I people buy one is to play PS3 games not ps2.

true, but don't you feel pissed off that sony continually shit on people from europe?

that and the totally inflated price we have to pay is ridiculous.

sony are a bunch of arseholes and I don't think I'll be giving them any money at all.

Guest TheQueensXI

if you can... DONT BUY A BIGGER HARD DRIVE MODEL!

you can get a 5ooGB drive out of Priceless for relative pennies, and theres videos on youtube that show you how to install it.

its just a case of taking off the metal cradle the hard-drive comes in, then popping the new one it into that.

im gonna get an xbox, only when GTA 4 comes out, simply because of the extra content.

plus i dont have an HDTV so i really dont see the point in shelling out for the ps3.

if you can... DONT BUY A BIGGER HARD DRIVE MODEL!

you can get a 5ooGB drive out of Priceless for relative pennies, and theres videos on youtube that show you how to install it.

its just a case of taking off the metal cradle the hard-drive comes in, then popping the new one it into that.

im gonna get an xbox, only when GTA 4 comes out, simply because of the extra content.

plus i dont have an HDTV so i really dont see the point in shelling out for the ps3.

TBH i would buy the 60gig version but its not because it's got the bigger HDD it's because it has HDMI. The 20 gig doesn't have HDMI for some reason.

The HDD in the ps3 is just a Laptop HDD so it would be very easy to change.

As for extra GTA 4 content. That will come out on the ps3 too. without a doubt.

Like i've said before if you want TRUE next gen gaming you have to go for a ps3.

TBH i would buy the 60gig version but its not because it's got the bigger HDD it's because it has HDMI. The 20 gig doesn't have HDMI for some reason.

surely this cant be true. do you just mean the smaller package hasnt got the hdmi cable with it?

surely this cant be true. do you just mean the smaller package hasnt got the hdmi cable with it?

Mate the 20 gig doesn't have HDMI at all.

The PS3 is a complete rip-off, having looked into box the PS3 and Xbox 360, basically the only difference in major parts is PS3 uses blu-ray and Xbox 360 uses HD-DVD. The processors, graphics chips etc are Identical same manufacturer everything.

It remains to be seen which out of Blu-Ray and HD-DVD is going to win out of this battle. but is the whole VHS vs Betamax battle is anything to go by then HD-DVD will win as its not backed by Sony.