What's the average speed of a footballer

Goianegra

He was the first one there, I was baffled as to how he got there so fast :P

:craphead: I just saw him diving onto N'Gog as soon as it hit the net.

Was happy for the young lad scoring it though :happy: Showed the whole run on The Last Word. .gif please :)

He was the first one there, I was baffled as to how he got there so fast :P

I seen the goal on the news and wondered how he managed to get there first! :lol:

Its like Broadfoot, he's always first one there when we score too :P

Usain Bolt's 9.58 second 100m dash has given rise to a healthy debate of sorts here about who the fastest football player on the planet might be.The following data is about a year old (dated data).It gives the sprint parade top 10, commissioned by Nike and put together by Opta Sportsdata (the first figure is to the ball - on a 45 metre course - the second figure shows the speed running with the ball).

1. Cristiano Ronaldo : 20.9mph -- 20.8mph

2. Andrew Johnson : 20.6 -- 20.7

3. Fernando Torres : 20.5 -- 20.6

4. Kenwyne Jones : 20.7 -- 20.2

5. Ashley Young : 20.4 -- 20.3

6. Aaron Lennon : 20.6 -- 19.6

7. Cameron Jerome : 20.3 -- 20.1

8. Shaun Wright-Phillips : 18.9 -- 21.2

9. Jermain Defoe : 20.4 -- 19.2

10. David Bentley : 20.0 -- 19.8

Premier League fast show

By VIKKI ORVICE

THEO WALCOTT is the Premier League's answer to sprint superstar Usain Bolt.

Manchester United fan Bolt hit a top speed of 24.04mph as he won two golds at the World Championships in Berlin.

Arsenal's Walcott clocked 22.72mph and Sol Campbell took a shock second place in the top-flight race with a 22.50mph top speed.

The top speeds have been calculated by Castrol using data captured over two seasons.

Didier Drogba and Fernando Torres would be in a photo finish for third with their joint top speed of 22.27mph.

Football's fliers hit incredible speeds and Walcott's bursts mean he would run 9.9secs for 100m - if he could sustain his top speed of 10.1m per second.

Double Olympic champ Bolt ran 9.58secs to break the 100m world record in Berlin.

Campbell's top speed could see him run 10.1secs for 100m - just a tenth of a second slower than Brit Dwain Chambers ran at the World Championships.

Bolt admits his preparations ahead of his 19.19secs 200m record had been blighted by United's loss to Burnley.

But he said: "They will bounce back and there'll be no worries."

For more winning insights visit Castrolfootball.com

The fastest Prem stars

WALCOTT 22.72 mph

CAMPBELL 22.50 mph

DROGBA 22.27 mph

TORRES 22.27 mph

ANELKA 22.05 mph

FABREGAS 22.05 mph

A COLE 22.05 mph

CLICHY 21.82 mph

ROONEY 21.82 mph

GERRARD 21.60 mph

ROBINHO 21.60 mph

From the Sun

You have to remember though, this is top speed, not average speed. Theres no way Sol Campbell could keep up that sorta pace! :lol:

Actually, I think the Sun may have cocked that bit up. They got the list with only second names on it acording to another site I use, so it may well be Frazier Campbell, who does seem fast as fook.

I really can't see Sol ever running that fast.

Oh and Why isnt Agbonlahor on that list? He's surely faster than most of them.

Actually, just looking at the thing I quoted from the sun, it really is a spasticated bit of journalism. Bolt's top speed is infact 28 mph, 24mph was his average in the 100m. To think that Walcott, in football boots, on grass, could come anywhere near the gentic freak that Bolt is, is beyond retarded.