***The Official Football Manager 2010 Thread***

disgruntled_bear

just won 2-1 at home to Wisla, Chelsea and Lyon drew 1-1

whilst in Celtics group, they just got hammered 5-1 by Real Madris at Parkhead, whilst RB Salzburg were beaten 2-0 by Arsenal

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started a Hertha Berlin game, they have some decent players namely Kacar, Friedrich and Adrian Ramos (Who turned out to be pish...)

fm1.jpg

1st season, won the league, only lost once but drew 13 times :lol:, beat Roma 4-0 at home in the europa league then got put out by Ath Madrid (Aguero :anguish: )

fm2.jpg

2nd season, first game away to Bayern :anguish: was 3-1 up at HT and they won 4-3 (Olic scored in the 95th minute of injury time :rolleyes: )

Sitting 2nd atm 7 league games in, just drew with Inter at home in the Champs league...

This is my team with Compper in for Friedrich:

fm3.jpg

Just finishing my third season with Rangers (tu)

Made lots of changes and the only players remaining are McGregor(Hes leaving in the summer after me signing Eneyma), Davis,Edu,Fleck,Wilson,Boughy and Kal Naismith etc.... Couple of really good players like N'Gog, Burdisso, Aurelio,Busquets and got Jiminez coming for free in the summer.

Right now im cruising for my first title and have already one my second scottish cup. In the final of the UEFA Cup against Benfica coming up (tu)

Going to stop changing the team so much and just keep them settled.

Also Juarez is my vice-captain :blush:

im just at the end of January in my 1st season, brought in Michael Bradley on loan and signed David Prieto from Sevilla

managed to get through the Champions League Groups however im lumbered with AC Milan in the knockout stage

unbeaten in the league after 23 games however ive drawn 6 which leaves me 2 ahead of Dundee United and 3 ahead of Celtic

rangers2.th.png

rangers3.th.png

Going into my third season, pushing for 4inaRow. Hoping to make a realistic challenge in Europe this season too.

Sold my Captain (KT), vice captain (Shagger) and their replacement (Whittaker). Brining in Diarra (Real), Caulker (Tottenham) and Salcido (PSV). Got about £18mil to spend on a new Right Back and a keeper. Probably going to bring in Lukaku as well as he's going cheap.

Brought Jamie O'hara in January last season for £1mil + John Jarvie (young regen CB). Signed Nacer Barazite and James McCarthy (:wink:) from West Brom for a combined £6mil. Jamie Ness has turned into a carbon of KT. Kamil Wiktorski is looking set for next season as well as a replacement for Boogie. Hoping to bring in Chawouchi (SP?) the Algerian goalie for £2mil.

So any suggestions for Right Backs? Preferrably younger ones so I can get a decent resale value.

Been hired as International manager for a couple of teams in my game, went to Algeria 1st just before the WC got them into the quarter finals, beat Italy in the 2nd round on pens after a 3-3 draw, got put out off Argentina in the quarters, resigned after the next friendly game, took over as the Greece manager when they had 5 games left of the Euro qualifiers, managed to qualify then i pumped France 5-0 in a friendly, Samaras with a goal and 3 assits & MOTM :P they had a man sent off although it was 3-0 by that time anyway, just applied for Rep.Ireland manager :blush: they have qualified for the Euro's as well, could probably go further with them than i could with Greece but not sure if I'll accept it if they offer yet

rangers2.th.png

rangers3.th.png

Going into my third season, pushing for 4inaRow. Hoping to make a realistic challenge in Europe this season too.

Sold my Captain (KT), vice captain (Shagger) and their replacement (Whittaker). Brining in Diarra (Real), Caulker (Tottenham) and Salcido (PSV). Got about £18mil to spend on a new Right Back and a keeper. Probably going to bring in Lukaku as well as he's going cheap.

Brought Jamie O'hara in January last season for £1mil + John Jarvie (young regen CB). Signed Nacer Barazite and James McCarthy (:wink:) from West Brom for a combined £6mil. Jamie Ness has turned into a carbon of KT. Kamil Wiktorski is looking set for next season as well as a replacement for Boogie. Hoping to bring in Chawouchi (SP?) the Algerian goalie for £2mil.

So any suggestions for Right Backs? Preferrably younger ones so I can get a decent resale value.

Kyle Naughton from Spurs?

rangers2.th.png

rangers3.th.png

Kyle Naughton from Spurs?

Or Kyle Walker from Spurs :wink:

im just at the end of January in my 1st season, brought in Michael Bradley on loan and signed David Prieto from Sevilla

managed to get through the Champions League Groups however im lumbered with AC Milan in the knockout stage

unbeaten in the league after 23 games however ive drawn 6 which leaves me 2 ahead of Dundee United and 3 ahead of Celtic

Bought him in my game I posted about, he's been my best player tbh...

How do players like Jamie Ness, Andrew Shinnie, Gregg Wylde, Andy Little and Jordan McMillan turn out, by the way? I'm in September of my second season and they're all out on loan wit their contracts ending in the summer, so it's make-or-break.

I'm top of the SPL by three with a game in hand having just pumped Aberdeen five-one at Ibrox and leaving the Peadodome with all three, too.

How do players like Jamie Ness, Andrew Shinnie, Gregg Wylde, Andy Little and Jordan McMillan turn out, by the way? I'm in September of my second season and they're all out on loan wit their contracts ending in the summer, so it's make-or-break.

I'm top of the SPL by three with a game in hand having just pumped Aberdeen five-one at Ibrox and leaving the Peadodome with all three, too.

Ness turned out a beast in my game, i bought him for AC in my game on a free; sold him to West Ham couple years later for about 10 million, if you train him well he is great :D

Jamie Ness turns out :drool: the others not very good

Shinnie, Wiktorski, Ness, Campbell, Fleck, Wilson, Cole have all turned out decent players for me.

Standouts are Ness, Wilson, Fleck and Wiktorski. Would also recommend signing Sammy Stewart - get him on a free in the first season with the latest patch.

Spent £18mil, putting the remaining £5mil towards new wages (better wage structure = big transfer budget).

Stadium being upgraded to a 58,000 seater, also upgrading Training Facilities (£12mil and 900k each).

Decided to train Bougherra as a right back as I have better options for CB now.

rangers4.th.png

This young lad:

natecrane.th.png

is my long term replacement for Diarra, who I am considering selling in January already. Captain is Davis, Bougherra vice I think. Signed Fabianski for Europe, then discovered he played qualifiers for Arsenal :anguish:

Champions League group is: Bayern, Rangers, Genoa and Omonoia.