***The Official Football Manager 2010 Thread***

disgruntled_bear

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite having nae money i've still managed to make some decent additions to my Rangers squad so far.

Samuel Kuffour - free

Ritchie De Laet - loan

Ebi Smolarek - free

Sold Lee McCulloch for 975K.

I signed Samuel Kuffour also and im doing terrible :lol:

current starting 11...

================mcgregor==================

zaccardo=======andrade=======garay=======smith=

==================mendes=================

Davis===============================beasley

================fleck====================

=========Cristaldo=======Jo================

:praise:

After 10 leagues games;

SerieAtable.jpg

Although top, I've been slightly inconsistent in the league, but I put that down to mainly having alot of injuries in key positions. Had some terrific results so far including a 5-0 away to Sampdoria and a incredible 5-4 away win at Fiorentina, thanks to a Huntelaar hat-trick and a 90th minute winner from Alexandre Pato. The one defeat was a 3-2 home defeat to Lazio.

In the Champions League, it hasn't been going to well. It started well with a 2-0 win away to Levski Sofia, but then three defeats on the bounce. First at home to Real Madrid (1-2), and then two defeats to Stuttgart home and away, both 1-0, have me struggling to progress. I need Stuttgart to lose to Levski and Real and for me to beat them both. Tough task!

What tactic do you guy's use for Rangers? At home i use a 4-4-2 attacking, while away a 4-4-2 standard

4-3-1-2 with fleck plaing behind the strikers. fleck scored more goals than miller in the league for me and miller was shit hot :D

After playing all night i finished my first season with treble. Heres my transfer activity.

28wpbm9.jpg

And some player stats:

25a3qwy.jpg

2eq8f1l.jpg

Boyd was pretty good, scored 24 in 32 games. Gregg Wylde played in 14 games and now is worth 2.4 mil (tu) Naismith was right winger all the time and finished with 8 goals and 14 assists in 38 games.

kenny miller is fuckin quality :praise: scored 6 in 3 in the 1st 3 league games of 2nd season, including 2 after coming on 70 minutes in :P john fleck aint playing that well soo far though, but it looks like danny wilson is motherwells top performer since i sent him on loan, average rating of 7.37 :D

Guest SandyWaTp
What tactic do you guy's use for Rangers? At home i use a 4-4-2 attacking, while away a 4-4-2 standard

4-3-1-2 with fleck plaing behind the strikers. fleck scored more goals than miller in the league for me and miller was shit hot :D

Do you play with wingers?

These fucking injuries are doing my head in! :angry:

I could do with some, fuck.

I've got the likes of Wilson, Ness, Shinnie, Wylde, Little and McMillan waiting for a game, but I've been unable to fit them in because the starting eleven's been fully fit and, obviously, I don't want to drop my best.

Though, big Davie Weir's being caught out here and there and I've not won in three league games, so I can see Danny Wilson making a starting appearnce in the near future.

After a one-nil loss at home to Bayern, another loss at Ibrox in the shape of a three-nil gubbing by OM and a one-all draw away to Partizan thanks to a last minute equaliser, I thought that I was fucked and didn't stand a chance of making the Europa League, never mind the last sixteen of the Champions' League. Though, a superb one-nil win at the Veladrome and an excellent one-all draw in Munich means that, if I win at home to Partizan and OM lose to Bayern, I'm into the last sixteen.

I'm having a serious look at Danko Lasovic, PSV's unwanted Serbian striker. Chester thinks that I could get him for £850K, but I'm thinking of a six month loan deal with the option to buy. Miller's been woeful and Boyd's losing form, so a new striker in January's a must.

I also play 4-3-1-2 with Rangers, my current line-up is:

GK McGregor

RB Whittaker

LB Wylde (Changed him to natural full back in Editor)

CB Bougherra

CB Wilson (scored 2 from corners)

CM Davis (Attack)

CM Thomson (Ballwinner)

CM Krivets (Attack)

AMC Fleck (Trequartista) (scored 2 in 3)

CF Cristaldo (Deep Lying Attack) (scored 5 in 4)

CF Lewandowski (Poacher) (scored 3 in 3)

Subs (From): Alexander, McMillan, Smith, Muniesa, Shinnie, Edu, Ness, Berger, Naismith, Lafferty

Sold all the dead wood for a fortune (nice to see doubling the value of a player and subtracting 1 when offering players still works) but got very little back to spend.

Like I said above, I went into the final group game at home to Partizan and needed at least a point or a win and, if I did draw, hope that Bayern did the bussiness in Marseille.

Marseille took an early lead at home to Bayern and I was out of europe completely until the eighty-fifth minute when Krissy Boyd netted a penalty to not only keep me in europe, but reach the last sixteen of the competition. :uk:

Whittaker was suspended and Broadfoot's still struggling for fitness, so in came Andy Little at right-back for his first start of the campaign in my most important fixture so far and he walked it. A seven-plus rating and, throughout the highlights, he was causing it. In the previous match, a two-one win away to Falkirk, Danny Wilson grabbed the Man Of The Match and Gregg Wylde didn't look out of place as a wing-back (Big Sasa was suspended and Stevie Smith's done his hip in).

Following my european success, I went a goal down in the first fifteen minutes at home to St. Johnstone before wee Nacho set the record straight with a hat-trick.

I'm four behind Timmy, have Aberdeen in the League Cup semi-final, take on Devronvale in the Scottish Cup at the 'Brox and I'm awaiting the Champions' League Second Round draw. The Paedodome will be restricted to Europa League football in 2010, they didn't make it out of their group. :lol:

We're frustrating to play with, but they've got us down to a 'T' on the game. I'm loving it.