***The Official Football Manager 2010 Thread***

disgruntled_bear

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so its the start of the season i begin with a home game against motherwell. Fleck is out for 4 months so i decide to play Naismith just behind the front two, well my next problem is who do i start upfront ? Miller,Boyd,Lafferty, Feeney, Owen or healy (might have missed one or two) I feel sorry for owen having been at the club a day and getting injured so i give him a start along side boyd and with in 15mins he has picked up a knock...

Why did i buy him :anguish:

Ok so its the start of the season i begin with a home game against motherwell. Fleck is out for 4 months so i decide to play Naismith just behind the front two, well my next problem is who do i start upfront ? Miller,Boyd,Lafferty, Feeney, Owen or healy (might have missed one or two) I feel sorry for owen having been at the club a day and getting injured so i give him a start along side boyd and with in 15mins he has picked up a knock...

Why did i buy him :anguish:

you saw the name, saw the price and jizzed?

Thats what i usually do nyway :\

No-one else having problems accepting a National team job, i accepted the offer from Cameroon like 5 times and it keeps coming back the next day asking if i will accept the contract or not :angry:

into 4 th season with City, Robinho and Aguero up front :drool: played 35 games each and scored 30 goals each :lol: sitting joint top with Liverpool with a game in hand and only 7 games left to play .

No-one else having problems accepting a National team job, i accepted the offer from Cameroon like 5 times and it keeps coming back the next day asking if i will accept the contract or not :angry:

It's a known bug, but it's supposedly fixed with the patch. Have you patched your game?

It's a known bug, but it's supposedly fixed with the patch. Have you patched your game?

Will need to download the latest version when i get home (tu)

my current line up :

Gk- Adler

Lb - Diego Renan

Rb- Rafina

Cb- Micah Richards

Cb M. Sakho

CM- Kacar

Cm- Fabregas

RW- Gourcuff

LW- Cazorla

TQ- Robinho

CF- Aguero

in a 4-2-3-1 formation and on control settings from team instructions top scorers in the league and 2 best defence :drool:

Started my game with the Gers.

Got rid of Smith for 775k, Super Lee for 1.9m and Pedro for 6.75m

Brought Campbell, Zenden and Smolarek in on frees and Schneiderlin for 2.5.

Friendlies were ok won 3 drew 3. 4-4 with birmingham away 3.0 up at half time too!!!

Naismith has been the top man in Pre- season goals wise!!

Getting ready for first match of the season at home to Falkirk - Dont know what formation to play though!!!

current lineup

GK. Mcgregor/cooper(youth keeper, only 16 and he's better than mcgregor :D)

RB. Zaccardo

LB. Smith

CB.reguinsenn(spelling?)

CB. Garay/Wilson

CM. Davis

CAM. Van Der Vaart

RM.Weiss

LM.Emanuelson

ST. Carlton cole/ owen

ST. Santa Cruz/Cristaldo

I left Man City as i was 15th in the leauge in my 3rd season. Haven't done anything since i won the league the 1st season apart from get beat/draw and go out of the cups to diddy teams :(

Won the Europa League with Samp in not even my first full season :happy:

signed van der vaart for 8.5m, he's pissing all over the spl at the moment, scoring 11 in 11 with 5 assists and 4 motm awards. my 16 year old keeper is so good i just decided to sell mcgregor and make him my number one, his value is quickly rised to 3m.

John fleck was valued at 1.7m in mine after a game, i looked again the next day and he was worth 900k!! How does that work!!

Ropey start to the season so far 8 games played in the league 6 wins 1 loss (4-3 away to motherwell - they scored 2 penalties) and 1 draw (3-3 with the scum - threw away a 3-1 half time lead)

Champs league lost 2-1 @ Chelsea and drew 1-1 at home with anderlecht (needed a late stunner from Schneiderlin!!) Got the double header with Unirea coming up now!!

I left Man City as i was 15th in the leauge in my 3rd season. Haven't done anything since i won the league the 1st season apart from get beat/draw and go out of the cups to diddy teams :(

Won the Europa League with Samp in not even my first full season :happy:

took me 4 years to win the prem .

first season - 10th

2nd - 3rd

3rd- 4th - Won League cup and europa league

4th- 1st by goal difference although i won the league cup and Fa cup and runners up in europa league and Won Euro super cup.

I'm usually gash at the game, but I'm having a fucking beast of a session with 'Gers right now.

I'm joint top of the SPL with Celtic, but first on a superior goal difference. I've won the League Cup and am in the semi-final of the Scottish Cup where I'm playing Hearts or St. Mirren, I think.

The big daddy, though, is that I'm in the semi-final of the Champions' League. :lol:

I'm still in the first season, wasn't given a penny to spend and had to reduce the wage bill with not a proft at the club in sight. The only player that I brought in was David Healy in January on a loan deal, but he's not even registered for the Champions' League.

It didn't even look like I was dropping into the Europa League in a group that had Bayern, OM and Partizan, but Walter's 4-5-1 meant that I grabbed a place in the last sixteen thanks to a win and a result elsewhere. Then, I leathered Arsenal at Ibrox with a masterclass in counter attacking before drawing one-all at the Emirates. I drew Madrid in the next round and McCulloch's own goal gave them a one-nil lead from the Bernabeu, but I leathered them three-nill at Ibrox, too.

So, I've got Inter in the semi-final.

This could be better than 2007/08...

I'm usually gash at the game, but I'm having a fucking beast of a session with 'Gers right now.

I'm joint top of the SPL with Celtic, but first on a superior goal difference. I've won the League Cup and am in the semi-final of the Scottish Cup where I'm playing Hearts or St. Mirren, I think.

The big daddy, though, is that I'm in the semi-final of the Champions' League. :lol:

I'm still in the first season, wasn't given a penny to spend and had to reduce the wage bill with not a proft at the club in sight. The only player that I brought in was David Healy in January on a loan deal, but he's not even registered for the Champions' League.

It didn't even look like I was dropping into the Europa League in a group that had Bayern, OM and Partizan, but Walter's 4-5-1 meant that I grabbed a place in the last sixteen thanks to a win and a result elsewhere. Then, I leathered Arsenal at Ibrox with a masterclass in counter attacking before drawing one-all at the Emirates. I drew Madrid in the next round and McCulloch's own goal gave them a one-nil lead from the Bernabeu, but I leathered them three-nill at Ibrox, too.

So, I've got Inter in the semi-final.

This could be better than 2007/08...

only did one season with the Gers and won all three domestic cups made the club 20 odd million in sales only for them to spend £17m upgrading ibrox and then give me £3m transfer budget :angry: fucking AJ leeching cunt :lol:

decided to start mines off by going Newcastle, so far ive signed

Ebi Smolarek - Free

Sol Campbell - Free

Moritz Volz - Free

Johann Vogel - Free

Emiliano Insua - Loan

Ben Alnwick - £300k

and that norweigan bloke folk are raving about coming in January

Sold LuaLua and Kadar and made £3.1m, so struggling with wages the now cause none of the big players are wanted or accepting less