Smith must stay - time for the negativity to stop

ScotBear

Smith has received some deserved criticism during his time at the club, but the fact is he's dragged us out the gutter after PLG left.

He may not be the man to take us forward long term, but he is the man to guide us through this season, no question. We are currently facing a unique, worrying set of circumstances and Smith is the only man for the job.

The players futures are in doubt. But they will continue to play for Smith. If we had someone else in charge, I really believe squad morale would have plummeted during this situation. Smith is capable of keeping the squad happy and motivated over the course of the season. For all the talk of any tactical failings, for me his excellent man management skills are either vastly under-rated......or just easily forgotten. Look at Advocaat, produced great football with bags of money......but after the second season cracks showed as squad morale collapsed. That won't happen under Smith, it's just as important as the tactical element of management in my view.

We need to be careful what we wish for. Now is not the time for change, now is the time to show some support and trust in our manager. I for one hope he stays at least until the end of this season, and if he does that, I'm very confident we'll be enjoying our first back to back title win for 10 years.

If we had someone else in charge, I really believe squad morale would have plummeted during this situation. Smith is capable of keeping the squad happy and motivated over the course of the season. For all the talk of any tactical failings, for me his excellent man management skills are either vastly under-rated......or just easily forgotten.

Couldn't agree more

Sorry but no , yes we are in a fix & need to stick together but remember it is watie that is picking players well out of position , kept grandad in the team when we are getting slaughtered by pace & trying to make mcculloch a centre back was the last straw , Rothen ( watties quote we need quality down the left ) plays him right. Just my opinion .

He deflects the criticism aimed at him for the stupidity of his tactics at home in europe by suggesting the banks are to blame. All hell lets loose,any transfer value of the players is decimated, the club is embarrassed and weakened by media speculation. Now he is the good guy and the safe pair of hands; look at our form and our results; he is last century man and again will leave our club in a shambles.

He deflects the criticism aimed at him for the stupidity of his tactics at home in europe by suggesting the banks are to blame. All hell lets loose,any transfer value of the players is decimated, the club is embarrassed and weakened by media speculation. Now he is the good guy and the safe pair of hands; look at our form and our results; he is last century man and again will leave our club in a shambles.

Agreed.

You take what you get. He knows how to win.

I think he should stay.

I think he should stay.

you fishing with this comment?

I think he should stay.

Not by the shocking results we have had this season.