Current Situation

DavidRST

So is it not a good thing that a potential buyer buys the club, but also gets a "debt free" club at the same time? I guess you can see why it was reported SDM was holding out for £40Million, so he at least gets something out of it?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Share values are usually underpinned by assets, the problem here is that it is not clear what assets if any Rangers own, the all appear to be owned by MIH, as is the club.

The assets , if you mean Ibrox, Murray park and the players are all owned by the club.

Isn't there something about our youth players being owned by some other MIH subsidiary? Murray Sports or something?

The information is the same stories that i, and many others, have been hearing from Ibrox. Obviously much of the financial stuff is open to scrutiny given that not many people will be completely aware of the finances of the club, especially seeing as the figures have not been published.

But the clear message is that the pressure from the fans is working, it is having an effect on the bank. They are getting bad PR from the media right now and i will hint that this will get worse over the weekend, following the match at Tannadice. The supporters are making their voices heard and those inside Ibrox are fighting our corner too, especially Martin Bain believe it or not.

Keep it up Bears.

The OP update is interesting even if just confirming much of what is already known. Of course it's a PR disaster for the bank - we knew that on Saturday night when they immediately came out with a statement after Walter's comments. They feared a backlash, which is what they are getting, and the more pressure we can collectively continue to apply, the better. If the bank get their way, we won't even get as much as £3m for Davis. :(

It's not completely accurate though. Bain is still running the club day to day and continues to fulfil the chief executive role. The bank are putting on pressure for it to be otherwise and, although Donald Muir wishes he was the chief executive, he isn't. Not yet anyway.

The first person to put up £30m gets (most of) the club. But the prospective purchasers don't want to pay that much. Yet.

P.S. Donald Muir is indeed a Rangers fan. :(

So just the same stuff that's been peddled out for the last few days then. Cheers for the update (tu)

Again, I'm sticking by my gut instinct. Pointless hysteria the last few days. If we get a buyer that clears the debt.....great. If we don't, I bet we'll be fine and that no key players will leave. The only maybe for me is Bougherra if he's unsettled and a substantial bid (£5m+) comes in for him.

So you're happy just to sit tight and wait and see?

I'd just be happy if everyone got back to focusing on the fact we've got an enormous game this weekend at Tannadice. Our situation is not as it's been painted in the media, that's my opinion and I firmly believe that. Look at the climb down and apology after they stated that Murray was forced down......was b*llshit, the media are taking shots in the dark from a flippant remark from Walter.

Do you not remember the hysteria in January ? Everyone for sale, £3m must be raised, Rangers in administration fears......no key players have left, we rejected £3m for Mendes in January.

Form your own opinion, we shouldn't just open wide and let the media feed us. We should know by now that they are far from reliable.

So the media can't be trusted but the bank can?

I have little respect for the scottish mhedia but it is not just the media that are feeding us this information, it's Rangers men too.

You seem like a guy with a lot of respect for Walter Smith and I mean that, so do you honestly think his comments were just a flippant remark? I believe they were well calculated and Walter knew what he was doing and acted in the best interests of Rangers.

I'm assuming you will hold your hands up in January if we lose 3 players?

Personally not a fan of the wait and see approach. Far too much at stake.

The information is the same stories that i, and many others, have been hearing from Ibrox. Obviously much of the financial stuff is open to scrutiny given that not many people will be completely aware of the finances of the club, especially seeing as the figures have not been published.

But the clear message is that the pressure from the fans is working, it is having an effect on the bank. They are getting bad PR from the media right now and i will hint that this will get worse over the weekend, following the match at Tannadice. The supporters are making their voices heard and those inside Ibrox are fighting our corner too, especially Martin Bain believe it or not.

Keep it up Bears.

How about a small song about Lloyds on Sunday?

The game is on telly!

The mhedia pick up on our "other" songs so why wouldn't they give a song to Lloyds a wee bit of exposure?

Keep it up Bears.

The game is on telly!

The mhedia pick up on our "other" songs so why wouldn't they give a song to Lloyds a wee bit of exposure?

There may well be some form of protest....

The OP update is interesting even if just confirming much of what is already known. Of course it's a PR disaster for the bank - we knew that on Saturday night when they immediately came out with a statement after Walter's comments. They feared a backlash, which is what they are getting, and the more pressure we can collectively continue to apply, the better. If the bank get their way, we won't even get as much as £3m for Davis. :(

It's not completely accurate though. Bain is still running the club day to day and continues to fulfil the chief executive role. The bank are putting on pressure for it to be otherwise and, although Donald Muir wishes he was the chief executive, he isn't. Not yet anyway.

The first person to put up £30m gets (most of) the club. But the prospective purchasers don't want to pay that much. Yet.

P.S. Donald Muir is indeed a Rangers fan. :(

Normally I agree with what you say but dont get the rational of the above statement.

£30M (if RUMOURS are to be believed) would only pay off the debt and would be SDM selling his shares for £1. Now while in some businesses that are against it a new owner assuming the debt and buying the shares for the fabled £1 happens Rangers are a long ways off that even with the worst rumours. If they paid £30M AND assumed the debt then you may be close. Now if the debt (say with CL money is going to be greatly reduced (say to zero)) then the price may work but even then would undervalue the club?

Keep it up Bears.

The game is on telly!

There may well be some form of protest....

Good stuff.

When do we get to know about it?

So just the same stuff that's been peddled out for the last few days then. Cheers for the update (tu)

Again, I'm sticking by my gut instinct. Pointless hysteria the last few days. If we get a buyer that clears the debt.....great. If we don't, I bet we'll be fine and that no key players will leave. The only maybe for me is Bougherra if he's unsettled and a substantial bid (£5m+) comes in for him.

I'd just be happy if everyone got back to focusing on the fact we've got an enormous game this weekend at Tannadice. Our situation is not as it's been painted in the media, that's my opinion and I firmly believe that. Look at the climb down and apology after they stated that Murray was forced down......was b*llshit, the media are taking shots in the dark from a flippant remark from Walter.

Do you not remember the hysteria in January ? Everyone for sale, £3m must be raised, Rangers in administration fears......no key players have left, we rejected £3m for Mendes in January.

Form your own opinion, we shouldn't just open wide and let the media feed us. We should know by now that they are far from reliable.

Snap

The reason I keep beating the same drum in the petition thread.

Not doing it to annoy folks or get more posts to my account, Its to truly push the topic for all who visit the site and keep it at the back of folks minds at the very least. (tu)

To a well known 'hello' tune. But perhaps a bit too highbrow for Dundee. :craphead:

Oh Lloyds, Oh Lloyds,

The problem, not the cure,

Oh Lloyds, Oh Lloyds,

Stick your Donald Muir,

You're up to your chin

Re-fin-an-cin'

Twelve billion or you're bust

And we'll move our money to the Co.

We'll no doubt get something sung on Sunday. I'll go with: "You can stick your Donald Muir up your ........."

To a well known 'hello' tune. But perhaps a bit too highbrow for Dundee. :craphead:

Oh Lloyds, Oh Lloyds,

The problem, not the cure,

Oh Lloyds, Oh Lloyds,

Stick your Donald Muir,

You're up to your chin

Re-fin-an-cin'

Twelve billion or you're bust

And we'll move our money to the Co.

We'll no doubt get something sung on Sunday. I'll go with: "You can stick your Donald Muir up your ........."

(tu) (tu) (tu):craphead: :craphead: :craphead: :craphead:

Normally I agree with what you say but dont get the rational of the above statement.

£30M (if RUMOURS are to be believed) would only pay off the debt and would be SDM selling his shares for £1.

You would need to take a view on the likely current position of MIH to assess whether my post is credible. ;)

£30M (if RUMOURS are to be believed) would only pay off the debt and would be SDM selling his shares for £1.

You would need to take a view on the likely current position of MIH to assess whether my post is credible. ;)

Not really its about Rangers as a standalone buiness is it not ? Say and adiministrator was appointed (god help us from that) - their job would be to get the best deal possible (and they would be neutral wrt what is best for the club they are only interetsted in value) do you not think that even all the constituent parts of Rangers split up would achieve more than £30M ? I do - therefore someone would come in with a view to realising that value (say with a view to a future share issue ?) at a price north of £30M?

So the media can't be trusted but the bank can?

I have little respect for the scottish mhedia but it is not just the media that are feeding us this information, it's Rangers men too.

You seem like a guy with a lot of respect for Walter Smith and I mean that, so do you honestly think his comments were just a flippant remark? I believe they were well calculated and Walter knew what he was doing and acted in the best interests of Rangers.

I'm assuming you will hold your hands up in January if we lose 3 players?

I'm not trusting the bank, I'm merely trusting my own judgement and gut feeling, as I did last January when the nightmare scenario was painted that never came to be. The statement from the bank merely matches up with my own belief, but it's not what I base my judgement on.

I have got a lot of respect for Walter, but I think he was wrong to come out with that remark. I think he sees the situation from his own narrow perspective as Rangers manager. Did he not use the word 'effectively' when saying the banks are running us ? At least when he made the statement second time around. I think he's had meetings with the board regarding funds for this January, making a case that he needs to add to the squad. I think he's been told that no funds are being made available, and this has left Walter deeply frustrated and questioning his own position. This in turn, in my opinion, led to the banks controlling us remark because he's only looking at it from the view of being given money to spend.

I'll definitely hold my hands up if we sell 3 players....well, 3 key players. If the likes of Whittaker, Beasley and to be honest even Boyd goes, that won't surprise me. But if Bougherra, Davis or Mendes go, then I'll hold my hands up. All these people with sources in the media and on forums were wrong in January and the summer.......I hope, and am confident, that they are wrong again.

I,m no expert on finance so what I say is just guesswork but, knowing SDM,s reputation for "creative accounting" frightens me.

Its well known that he spread Rangers debt around the MIH group in the past. Since the group accounts have been delayed

until spring, can he "rearrange" the MIH debt (or some of it) back onto Rangers books?

Another poster said that Ibrox, Murray Park etc,. are owned by Rangers. IF we were to go into administration could, would, the bank sell off Ibrox for instance, to a third party?

I imagine that would be unlikely in normal times but these are not normal times and the banks have shown that they are "morally bankrupt".

For the banks to try and sell Ibrox separately would be a PR disaster for them but could they do it?

Hi david, cheers for coming on and telling us what you think. I often find myself asking the question 'What would davidrst say to this' so cheers for clarifying matter and putting everyones mind at rest.

What has he clarified? He only alledges, there's no concrete proof.

We still know diddlysquat basically and won't do so until the wheels in motion are published to the Stock Exchange.

Hi david, cheers for coming on and telling us what you think. I often find myself asking the question 'What would davidrst say to this' so cheers for clarifying matter and putting everyones mind at rest.

We still know diddlysquat basically and won't do so until the wheels in motion are published to the Stock Exchange.

Av a feelin ther wiz a touch o sarcasm in Mister C's post mate - may be wrong though.

Hello everyone,

Long time since I've been here, but having been criticised for not putting info out on various sources, thought I should share this here.

As you know, I don’t normally do such things, but given the circumstances, we feel it’s important and fair that the support should know this. Obviously I won’t name sources, but let me assure you, I wouldn’t be posting this if

a) I didn’t trust the source implicitly

b) they didn’t have a 100% track record

c) they weren’t as close to the situation or

d) it didn’t check out when we investigated it.

Allegedly;

• The bank are panicking

• Senior management are calling it ‘a PR disaster’

• They want out soonest

• Bain is not involved in the day-to-day running of the club

• Muir is effectively running the club

• Muir is hawking players to clubs

• If the club is not sold at least three first team players will be sold in January in an attempt to raise £10m. This will allow the bank to drop the price for the club to £20m. They believe this might encourage further investors.

The pressure that is being brought to bear on Lloyds IS having an effect. Keep up the good work Bears.

Dangerous times, but potential sunshine ahead.

What kept you David?

I was putting this stuff out last weekend and getting pelters for it. :(

Av a feelin ther wiz a touch o sarcasm in Mister C's post mate - may be wrong though.

:dazed: