Tumshie

Rangers stake  

226 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you pay per year?

• £50 or less
    • £50 to £100
    • £100 to £200
    • £200 or more

Following on from Bombaybadboy's thread about the conference this week regarding supporters buying the club. Just wondering how much people would be willing to pay. Following Rangers is a costly business with season tickets, away games, European trips and merchandise. But how much more would you be willing to pay to own a part of the club. At the moment 65,000 Hamburg members pay 48 euros per year to own their club.

For the figures in this poll if 50,000 Rangers fans paid:

£50 per year we would raise £2.5 million

£100 per year we would raise £5 million

£200 per year we would raise £10 million

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts on the issue were

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Hamburg have got the perfect model with just 48 euros. Although i admire those who said that they would pay more than £200 I can't see a lot of supporters forking out that on top of their season ticket money especially in this financial climate. I think a flat rate fee of something like £75 would be ideal as more people would be able to afford it

I think Hamburg have got the perfect model with just 48 euros. Although i admire those who said that they would pay more than £200 I can't see a lot of supporters forking out that on top of their season ticket money especially in this financial climate. I think a flat rate fee of something like £75 would be ideal as more people would be able to afford it

This makes more sense. Wives will come into this like it or not.

As a student who now works 12 hours a week, I'd happily give £200+

No bills loyal :pipe:

Jammycunt Loyal.

Anyway, i picked 50 - 100. But if it was over the course of a season, i could give over 200.

Not reading properly loyal.

I just can't see enough people being able to pay 200 quid a year.

As a student who now works 12 hours a week, I'd happily give £200+

No bills loyal :pipe:

Jammycunt Loyal.

Anyway, i picked 50 - 100. But if it was over the course of a season, i could give over 200.

Not reading properly loyal.

I just can't see enough people being able to pay 200 quid a year.

Suppose though could over a few options. 1 - 50 gets you a Rangers sticker, 50 - 100 gets you a Rangers tie, 100 - 200 gets you a special top of something, 200 + signed shirt.

Fans could then pick which ever one they could afford.

TBH while I would be prepared to pay over £200 per year (over 50 with no debts loyal) - I already have a season ticket so would expect 'extra' if I pay extra? - I would want to know what rights my 'share' came with - do I get to vote on Board Structure? Manager? whether Boyd plays the next game or not ?

Off to look at Hamburgh Structure online

Even though I now live in Canada, I would give 200+, but I have a question. I am not looking for anything in return for the money, but are you buying some type of shares in the club, just asking...........................Follow....................Follow...............

.....Colin

Question:

Would this "investment" be post-David Murray or are we talking about these funds being used to buy him out? :pierre:

That's the biggest problem CB. We need the Supporters Assembly and the Trust to come together with some sort of plan. I think there is definitely a groundswell of opinion that the support should have a shareholding in the club

I would certainly be willing to pay £200 a year into the bears.

When you think a lot of people will pay upwards of £500 per annum on memberships, whether it be golf or gym's etc, it's not that unfeesable.

TBH i would pay 200+ a year solely for transfer funds and wages if it seen my team stay alive. would not really want anything in return just guaranteed decent players paid for by the supporters. This in itself would allow us to keep debt to a minimum at all times. like a transfer season ticket.