Best Rangers striker this decade?

BOBMALCOLMLOYAL

Best Rangers striker of the decade (00s)  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think has been the best Rangers striker of the decade (00s)

• Michael Mols
    • Ronald DeBoer
    • Rod Wallace
    • Marco Negri
    • Gabriel Amato
    • Tore Andre Flo
    • Nacho Novo
    • Dado Prso
    • Peter Lovenkrands
    • Shota Arveladze
    • Kris Boyd
    • Other

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God we've had some shit hot players! :drool:

For me Mols is the best forward overall - he had it all, and with a simple nothing pass to his feet he could turn any defender like they weren't there and create a goalscoring opportunity, excellent movement, was quick, skillful and knew where the goal was. Awesome.

Ronald de Boer is obviously up there in terms of quality, but i always thought of hims as more of an attacking midfielder rather than a deep-lying forward.

Special mentions for big Dado for being such a quality player and running himself into the ground for us; Boyd for his goals in recent years and long may they continue; and Negri for his outstanding goalscoring exploits for that half a season - he was brilliant and i'll always wonder what could have been had he not suffered his "squash" injury.

For overall effectiveness he shouldn't get a look in, but i feel i also have to give Gabby Amato a mention for his pure skill and excitement. And he completely took the piss out of Celtic a good couple of times. Could be frustrating at times but i was a big fan.

Ronald DeBoer for me.

The guy was world class.

I always saw him as a player who played off a striker but the guy was pure class.

The sad thing is we'll never have a player close to his ablity playing for the club again!

Would also say before his injury Mols was tremendous but sadly never recovered.

What a player he's have been for us!!

Hard one, but I'll go for Micheal Mols.

Sheer class. If it wasn't for his injury, he would have made Larsson's goal record look silly! Since that night in Munich, I have this undesirable hatred towards Oliver Kahn. There was no need in him coming for that ball! :angry:

Ronald de Boer is my favourite Rangers player, in my lifetime, but I didn't go for him as I saw him as a player who played off the frontman.

Also Shota Arveladze was very underrated. If he was played in his proper position and not out-wide he could have been a very special player for us. You've got to remember aswell, Shota played in only one good Rangers side, IMO, (the one in 2002/03) the others were very, very poor Rangers sides.

As for Big Dado, he will always be a legend. Great player, but the drive and sheer will of the man was absolutely outstanding. Our last leader? Some of the goals he produced were exceptional. He also played in a very poor Rangers side.