The Miguel Cotto v Manny Pacquiao thread

wutangster

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy indeed for Pac-man. Coto reminded me of E Caldow in the way he could run backwards fast and consistently.

Cotto shat it from the 4th onwards. Total damage-limitation exercise after that. A KO should have ended that fight, since Cotto crapped out.

Is this Cotto guy ant decent Hoff?

Wow, he was mate, coming into the fight, 1 big loss against margarito but that performance by pacquio has showed to me he is the greatest of his generation. He was the naturally smaller man but his speed, power, accuracy and skill was all too much for cotto, I thoguht his size would be a factor but he never looked like hurting him. I am in awe of that performance and stoppage. ~That is something you will rarely see, a world class fighter totally outclassed by a smaller guy.

Bring on Mayweather. I am seriously considering a trip to vegas for that. It could be the biggest fight of all time.

Badger has crashed out in my bit and he was totally in awe as well, I was very impressed with the UFC show tonight, apart from the main event with couture, that fight has just confirmed to me why i love the sweet science more and I will never fully convert to UFC. Boxing is a sport of skill, power, speed and finesse.

I am getting carried away here but that fight was outstanding, I lost a tenner to my wee bros mate but shit happens, shows what I know about it haha!! hope you guys had as much fun as I did watching that masterclass!

Wow, he was mate, coming into the fight, 1 big loss against margarito but that performance by pacquio has showed to me he is the greatest of his generation. He was the naturally smaller man but his speed, power, accuracy and skill was all too much for cotto, I thoguht his size would be a factor but he never looked like hurting him. I am in awe of that performance and stoppage. ~That is something you will rarely see, a world class fighter totally outclassed by a smaller guy.

Bring on Mayweather. I am seriously considering a trip to vegas for that. It could be the biggest fight of all time.

Badger has crashed out in my bit and he was totally in awe as well, I was very impressed with the UFC show tonight, apart from the main event with couture, that fight has just confirmed to me why i love the sweet science more and I will never fully convert to UFC. Boxing is a sport of skill, power, speed and finesse.

I am getting carried away here but that fight was outstanding, I lost a tenner to my wee bros mate but shit happens, shows what I know about it haha!! hope you guys had as much fun as I did watching that masterclass!

I'm the complete opposite mate. I love both sports but fights like the Chavez fight confirms to me why I love MMA more. MMA is also a sport of all the above plus well-roundedness, unpredictability and a combination of elite strikers, wrestlers and grapplers which make extremely interesting encounters.

I'm the complete opposite mate. I love both sports but fights like the Chavez fight confirms to me why I love MMA more. MMA is also a sport of all the above plus well-roundedness, unpredictability and a combination of elite strikers, wrestlers and grapplers which make extremely interesting encounters.

mte, the crowd were booing and no wonder, randy couture nevr deserved to win the fight IMO and he killed it as a spectacle as do most guys if they have a wrestling base. I just felt after the fights earlier on the card ( which were all exciting and had some big hits) the so called "main event" wasw a total damp squib and if you did buy the PPV on the basis of that then you would feel ripped off.

If you bouth the boxing on PPV (in the states I am taling obvo) then there is no doubt in my mind which show was more impressive and offered the best value, the boxing for me and that is the 1wst time in a while im confident in saying that!

back to the thread thought, you must have loved that performance TGM?? I rate it as 1 of the best I have ever seen, definatly top 5!

I also thought Cotto was going to win pre-fight but Manny was sensational, frustated Cotto all night and jus hits from such ridiculous angles with speed, power and accuracy. The fight with Mayweather has to be made now. When Floyd beat Marquez 2 months ago I felt he would wipe the floor Manny but now am not so sure. Would love to go 2 that fight aswell, possible summer holiday next year maybe!!!

Missed both the UFC and Manny fight last night, but managed to catch a bit of it just there on Sky Sports. Looked a cracking fight. From the little I saw of it, Pacquiao looked immense.

Mayweather v Pacquiao, please make this happen :)

mte, the crowd were booing and no wonder, randy couture nevr deserved to win the fight IMO and he killed it as a spectacle as do most guys if they have a wrestling base. I just felt after the fights earlier on the card ( which were all exciting and had some big hits) the so called "main event" wasw a total damp squib and if you did buy the PPV on the basis of that then you would feel ripped off.

If you bouth the boxing on PPV (in the states I am taling obvo) then there is no doubt in my mind which show was more impressive and offered the best value, the boxing for me and that is the 1wst time in a while im confident in saying that!

back to the thread thought, you must have loved that performance TGM?? I rate it as 1 of the best I have ever seen, definatly top 5!

A lot of fighters with a wrestling base usually go for the ground and pound, he wasn't able to take Vera down though. Couture would have been stupid to stand and go at it with Vera.

Apart from the fact that I was supporting Cotto, it was a great performance :anguish: