Alltime Favourite OF Rival Player

craigbrown69

Guest greengrass
Dont have any and dont really respect any. If any has to be Larsson as he was complete and utter class.

Cant wait to see him in action for MAn Utd, will be good to see him in the EPL.

henriks first potentiall game eligible . he could start or come on as a sub .. is against..,,,

Aston villa.

:ph43r: MON. probly haunt him again .. like he did with us at barca..

wonder if hell celebrate this time tho .. id imagine. ;)

I don't admire Larsson as he was a diver. Respect his ability. But not the player.

doh

doh

the fact someone says a thing like that about larsson shows how much he hurt them all those years

the man is magnificent in every way and i doubt i'll see anyone as special or as good as larsson in the hoops again

I don't admire Larsson as he was a diver. Respect his ability. But not the player.

doh

doh

the fact someone says a thing like that about larsson shows how much he hurt them all those years

the man is magnificent in every way and i doubt i'll see anyone as special or as good as larsson in the hoops again

The guy was a cheat - simple as that. And the punch to a player in Sweden wasn't something I respect either.

Great player, but resorted to cheating as well.

doh

doh

hes proved himself at every level of football

Correct.

Do you see me deny this?

doh

doh

The guy was a cheat - simple as that. And the punch to a player in Sweden wasn't something I respect either.

Great player, but resorted to cheating as well.

away you go ffs , bitter as fuck :lol:

doh

doh

hes proved himself at every level of football

Correct.

Do you see me deny this?

no but calling him a cheat is out of order

So how do you define diving?

saying larsson was a cheat is the worst thing i have ever heard in my life, the guy was and still is a footballing genius.

the sweeden incident was blown RIGHT out of proportion and even tho he served a susspention for it you can list that as a higlight of his carear

The guy was a legend and was an ambassador for scottish football, in no way was he a cheat

Excepting the times he cheated, you're spot on.

saying larsson was a cheat is the worst thing i have ever heard in my life, the guy was and still is a footballing genius.

the sweeden incident was blown RIGHT out of proportion and even tho he served a susspention for it you can list that as a higlight of his carear

The guy was a legend and was an ambassador for scottish football, in no way was he a cheat

Excepting the times he cheated, you're spot on.

can i have a example of this cheating please?

How about for Sweden at the Euros (Or was it WC 2002). Won a penalty and it was a clear dive.

There are others.

Here's some 'evidence'.

I am in no way smearing the man's ability - but he dived just a few too many times.

i think this is a very poor argument danny usualy you are the one sticking up for things on the board that are stupid but this is ludacris.

Larsson wasnt a diver/cheater. Look at players such as drogba or petrov, now they are divers. Larsson was an honest proffesional and was a par above everybody else during his time in scotland

The guy is your hero, and it's your own tinted specs that stop you seeing the facts.

I've presented them to you, but because this view diametrically opposes your admiration for him, you attack it.

You have completely dismissed the accusation and the example and have cited examples of other divers.

Big deal. Just because Drogba dives doesn't mean Larsson didn't. I am not saying he was one of the worst, just that he unquestionably resorted to it on occasion.

I saw Prso dive more than once for us, and I condemned the cheating at the time. Now he doesn't dive at all and total respect to him for that.

Try to see things as they are m8, not how you want them to look.

what do you mean tinted specs? that phrase is used as a scape goat on here more than anywhere else.

Because you appear to be suffering from a case of it. You are one of the most reasonable Celtic supporters, definitely on this board, and your views are usually very fair and neutral; but in this instance you seem to be allowing your admiration for his ability and overall contribution cloud your judgement.

Yes i admire larsson but calling him a diver is a bitch slap in the face of every celtic fan that has ever shown admiration to him.

No, now you're committing the slippery slope fallacy of overblowing a comment which fairly points out he resorted to diving from time to time into an overall smear on him as a player and some kind of mockery of any admiration of him, player or otherwise.

You have completely dismissed the accusation and the example and have cited examples of other divers.

because you asked me

So how do you define diving?

That doesn't define the act; it names those you believe to be guilty. We appear to differ as to what we consider diving equals.

Big deal. Just because Drogba dives doesn't mean Larsson didn't. I am not saying he was one of the worst, just that he unquestionably resorted to it on occasion

find me one player in the world who hasnt at some stage in his carear gone down softly?

This is a slightly perverse argument. This is now saying 'well other players do it, so Larsson was within his rights to cheat occasionally too.'

You're right, it's all too common.

Doesn't really address my point though does it?