Raging with Thomson

Muiry12

I always wondered why some people touted him as a captain and I thought maybe I was missing something.

But now I'm convinced he simply isn't good enough. I will be delighted if Walter drops him for the weekend, he doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the team.... and that's saying something when we have Edu and Mendes injured.

Drop him for a few games and maybe he'll get a wake up call. Dunno if even that will help though. He has had long enough to recover from any injury rustiness.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an absolute pish team weve got.

All of them bar Wilson can be sold

Get them all tae fk.

5 cl games- 2 points no wins/draws at home

What an embarassment!

yet I get slated for slating Boyd. They all can go on frees as far as im concerned. None of them give a toss about OUR club

I say this after every European game when it's more noticable. He can't defend at all but is meant to be a defensive midfielder he better hope he is aswell cause he cant go forward. Just the Broadfoot of mifield to me.

He's meant to sit in the gap between midfield and defence and cut things out but in Europe we get tor apart by teams passing the ball in there all the time and he's nowhere near anyboyd.. He could have been sent off aswell, two bad challanges in the first 20 minutes or something but received just the one yellow.

He got more attention last season when he was injured than he has ever got when playing, i was really looking forward to his comback, but there has not been one game where he has truly stood out for me and he just hasn't looked up to the job that is required of him

Hang on, McCulloch is played out of position and still looks the equal of Thomson who is apparently in his preferred position unlike everyone else in the midfield. His lack of ability is one thing, if he isn't good enough then so be it, you can't criticise someone for not being as talented as others. But, but his lack of desire, his lack of mobility, his inability to tackle (apparently his strength FFS!), his inability to get forward, his inability to track runners, his inability look like he actually gives a fuck, you can criticise him for that; and we should.

Kevin Thomson IS a future Rangers captain, but hey we got beat last night, so fuck it, let's blame everyone and anyone instead of just accepting that WE NO LONGER HAVE THE MONEY TO COMPETE IN EUROPE. Some people need to get a grip FFS. Undefeated domestically, humped in Europe. That's the way it will stay until we gat the funds to go and buy a Michael Mols or a Brian Laudrup again, which won't be anytime soon.

People need to realise that the 9IAR/Advocaat days were Rangers OVER-ACHIEVING. Stop expecting us to be world beaters when we come from a shit country with no money. The day we start losing regularly domestically is the day there should be an uproar, for now - we're fine.

I fear Thomson is "done".

He had little pace before his injury, now he is even slower. Chasing back players last night and he was nowhere near them.

His passing is usually basic with incisive passes rare, and his tackling (his major asset) is nothing near his previous level.

When you consider that he never scored a lot of goals or had great ability to take a man on, if he has lost his pre injury assets, namely passing and tackling, then he is just an average midfielder unable to cut it at the top level.

I hope I'm wrong.

I fear Thomson is "done".

He had little pace before his injury, now he is even slower. Chasing back players last night and he was nowhere near them.

His passing is usually basic with incisive passes rare, and his tackling (his major asset) is nothing near his previous level.

When you consider that he never scored a lot of goals or had great ability to take a man on, if he has lost his pre injury assets, namely passing and tackling, then he is just an average midfielder unable to cut it at the top level.

I hope I'm wrong.

You're not. You're right.

Thomson will have his opportunity to prove he's good enough due to our limited squad, but im not expecting much.

The difference when Fleck came on was palpable. Ball at his feet he immediately ran at the defence and looked to shoot/create - Thomo doesnt seem to have the heart to do that, let alone the ability.

Anyone would look shite when they're required to carry Lee McCulloch for 90 minutes!

The best post on this thread.

I said on another thread that I felt McCulloch, and to an extent Whittaker, are bringing the others down to their level.

When Davis is played on the right, he spend 80% of his time making up for Whittaker's fuckups :anguish:

Anyone would look shite when they're required to carry Lee McCulloch for 90 minutes!

The best post on this thread.

I said on another thread that I felt McCulloch, and to an extent Whittaker, are bringing the others down to their level.

When Davis is played on the right, he spend 80% of his time making up for Whittaker's fuckups :anguish:

............................which means he can't do his own job.

We've been infiltrated by Hibs rejects.

Danny Wilson is the perfect example of what a club like Rangers should be doing more often.

Bringing through their own players.

And as much as I like Walter Smith, it would help if we had a more ambitious Manager, who was prepared to take a chance on them.

Who would you rather see making mistakes?

A promising youngster like Danny, or McCulloch and Whittaker week in, week oot?

If Danny makes 2 mistakes in every game till the end of the season, as a youngster with limited experience, I could handle that.

But when so-called experinced players like Whittaker and McCulloch can't even get the basics right, I can't accept this.