***The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Thread***

Muff

No McCulloch or Lafferty

I'll be tempted to walk out the stadium if either of those two start. Surely the manager can see that they are not good enough, and offer absolutely nothing?

To be fair I think McCulloch can cause a bit of bother if we lump balls up to him.

Faint praise?

Fuck me gently :power_of_anguish:

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No McCulloch or Lafferty

I'll be tempted to walk out the stadium if either of those two start. Surely the manager can see that they are not good enough, and offer absolutely nothing?

To be fair I think McCulloch can cause a bit of bother if we lump balls up to him.

Faint praise?

He'll be playing in his usual position in the middle of the park. Why would you want to lump balls all day <cr>

He simply should not play, but he will, and that's the problem.

We should go with:

McGregor

Bougherra

Weir

Wilson

Papac

Novo

Fleck

Thomson?

Davis

Boyd

Naismith

For me, Whittaker & McCulloch should never be considered again, unless we really, really need them.

Sorry, but I've seen enough of the two of them for one season.

What sort of reception do you think Bougherra will get from te fans on Saturday if he plays?

Bougherra shoulda been at right back against Stuttgart.

He is wrong the way he treated the club but if yer gonny have him oan the bench, why the fuck no jist play him?

:mcgregor:

:bougherra: :weir: :wilson: :papac:

:thomson:

:whittaker: :davis: :novo:

:boyd: :fleck:

That's the back 4 I'd go for myself & what I wanted to see last night against Stuttgart. As for the rest, well maybe we don't have better options. I do like the idea of Boyd & Fleck playing up front.

What's the story with Naismith?

Maybe not actually being at the game I'm missing something, but I really dont see how Thomson's earning his cash, I thought ( once again) he was useless tonight. I'd drop him and bring in another youngster.

When is Edu back???

Edu ain't back until Christmas at least I don't think. :( We need Mendes back as well, no matter what people think of his form.

I hope this match doesn't turn out like the one last year when we were hoping to put pressure on Celtic but ended up drawing 0-0. Unfortunately, I can't see us winning.

After yesterdays shambles I would drop our two fullbacks and if I could the whole feckin midfield as it is this is my team. In midfield it's a toss-up between Thomson and McCulloch. Both have been hopeless but the two of them cannot play together. We need to inject a bit of pace into our attack.

:mcgregor:

:bougherra: :weir: :wilson: :ssmith:

:davis: :mcculloch: :fleck: :novo:

:boyd: :miller:

Can't see Kyle Lafferty starting this one. He'll get dogs abuse from the Aberdeen crowd and he doesn't have the balls to handle the pressure.

Plus, the Aberdeen players will target him, and Lafferty is a bit of a loose cannon.

Great news (tu)